05-02-11 06:49 PM
45 12
tools
    facebook app??? could I ask, and please DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. why would we want/need an APP??
    flash gives us the FULL version. again maybe I am missing something and No i'm posting this to be a doink, but if we have the full version why the need for a smaller app?
    lets you take advantage of the playbook gestures. easier access, better UI. for the number of people that use it, having a rock solid app is a nice selling point. just think of a best buy salesmen trying to sell, "and its got a awesome facebook app".
    05-02-11 05:08 PM
    ok...i must be doing something wrong....I installed it and all it does is send me to the facebook web page
    When you download the icon for the app is the same icon as the browser link. you should have 2 facebook icons.

BTW-The app rocks and exactly what an app should be
    05-02-11 05:08 PM
    You're clicking the old link. They look identical.
    There was my ah ha! moment. Ended up deleting all weblinks to stop confusing myself. The app looks really good
    05-02-11 05:10 PM
    would be great if it said "via Blackberry Playbook" When you update your status :P
    It does do that.
    05-02-11 05:15 PM
    noticing that when i enable the chat setting it for some reason goes back to off. anyone else have this issue?
    05-02-11 05:16 PM
    Thanks. Downloaded and installed. Now I can post messages 'Via Playbook' !
    05-02-11 05:19 PM
    Make that 'Facebook via Playbook' !!
    05-02-11 05:20 PM
    facebook app??? could I ask, and please DO NOT TAKE THIS THE WRONG WAY. why would we want/need an APP??
    flash gives us the FULL version. again maybe I am missing something and No i'm posting this to be a doink, but if we have the full version why the need for a smaller app?
    you don't have to use it. haha what's wrong with having an option?
    05-02-11 05:24 PM
    I can't seem to upload pictures to my album. There's no function for this, unless I'm missing something???

Uploading pictures to the wall is fine.
    05-02-11 05:24 PM
    notification are missing....
    05-02-11 05:42 PM
    notification are missing....
    If that's true, I'll be disappointed.
    05-02-11 05:49 PM
    For me, this is a silly app that's a waste of time. I'm out in the boonies so much I need something that will work with 3G, and this obviously does not.

Plus why can't I watch videos in the stream and why are there no notifications? Oh and you can't access Events, just like from my Torch. LAME. I may delete this app. The chat portion is pretty nice but really....it needs a lot of work before it's useful
    05-02-11 05:49 PM
    For me, this is a silly app that's a waste of time. I'm out in the boonies so much I need something that will work with 3G, and this obviously does not.

Plus why can't I watch videos in the stream and why are there no notifications? Oh and you can't access Events, just like from my Torch. LAME. I may delete this app. The chat portion is pretty nice but really....it needs a lot of work before it's useful
    That will come in time.
    05-02-11 05:52 PM
    I'm missing the "Share Link" function. I'm sure it will come in time.
    05-02-11 05:55 PM
    app is great! all set up in about 30 seconds. strangely all of the option settings just take you to the browser. autotext doesnt work. news feed is most recent only. still, not bad for v1.

in-app picture posting works perfectly! no huge lag/bugs like in the phone app. gotta love the "via facebook for playbook" tag

Inconveniently, it doesn't use bridging at all- facebook notifications are still "unread" by the phone. Was hoping it'd work like emails because it's a pain having to mark everything unread again.

No portrait support. No event support.
    05-02-11 05:57 PM
    also noticed you can't zoom in on photos...finally got chat to work though. must say the app is pretty nice
    05-02-11 06:00 PM
    So the app is half-baked. It should integrate well with the PB.
    aaaand....our other CB troll is heard from - AGAIN
    05-02-11 06:29 PM
    Yup, Gotta love the Apple Fan boys..Good for you for spending 3 hours to think of a witty comment to post in the forums.. Say something useful or go away.
    05-02-11 06:35 PM
    Hard to close a chat with someone when done, no delete of messages, havent found a way to upload pics from playbook, and no pitch and zoom.
    05-02-11 06:40 PM
    Pic uploads are started from within the app. From the "News Feed" section click the little + button to the left of "What's on your mind?" A pop-up will appear asking you to choose from Camera or Photo Library. You can select a pic or take a pic and upload it through a nicer process than you would through the browser.

I'd still like to see a native "Send to FaceBook" option from the picture app itself, much like you get on BB, but this new method is an improvement over doing it through the browser.

Edit: Looks like the Upload Pic button is on the Profile section as well. Weirdly, it is NOT on the Photos section of the app...
    Last edited by 1canuck2; 05-02-11 at 06:52 PM.
    05-02-11 06:49 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD