Just thought i'd share if you really like a touch interface touch.facebook.com may be a better choice until an official app comes out. It also includes access to facebook places!

Justin
    04-26-11 05:25 PM
    thank you - good call, but since it's still through the browser, going to the full site makes as much sense
    04-26-11 05:27 PM
    Yup, it's what I use. Much nicer to me.
    04-26-11 05:27 PM
    Looks cool, but it is way too pixelated for our HD screens.
    04-26-11 05:34 PM
    lol, does anyone know why that site exists?
    iN8ter likes this.
    04-26-11 05:37 PM
    Will try this at home, but the facebook page runs fine on the playbook, I use it. Good find though.
    04-26-11 05:40 PM
    Yes, it is designed for use on touch mobile phones.
    04-26-11 05:41 PM
    lol, does anyone know why that site exists?
    For most touch screen devices.
    04-26-11 05:42 PM
    it started out for the iphone bascially, i think the iphone would automattically be directed to that site when it was introduced back 2-3 years ago
    04-26-11 05:48 PM
    I would use this just for Places, IF my gps actually worked
    04-26-11 05:56 PM
    it started out for the iphone bascially, i think the iphone would automattically be directed to that site when it was introduced back 2-3 years ago
    I'm almost positive it took me right to that site when I first got my BlackBerry torch too. Most sites can detect what phone you are on, so it would make sense to take a touch-screen phone automatically to the touch site. Although, as the 2nd or 3rd poster stated, since it requires going into the browser, I'll just stick with the normal facebook site. Thanks for reminding me, and telling others about it though. I'm sure someone might like it better.
    04-26-11 05:58 PM
    I'm almost positive it took me right to that site when I first got my BlackBerry torch too. Most sites can detect what phone you are on, so it would make sense to take a touch-screen phone automatically to the touch site. Although, as the 2nd or 3rd poster stated, since it requires going into the browser, I'll just stick with the normal facebook site. Thanks for reminding me, and telling others about it though. I'm sure someone might like it better.
    yeah it might do it on the torch too. the Storm series always was sent to the actuall mobile site. which worked well for it. the touch version was never that good on the storms IMO
    04-26-11 06:10 PM
    Yes, it sends all WebKit browsers to the HTML5 Touch Site now, but he's right about why it was developed. Chiefly for mobile platforms that did not have a decent facebook application.

If you have a decent facebook application that site is useless.
    04-26-11 06:13 PM
    it started out for the iPhone basically, i think the iPhone would automatically be directed to that site when it was introduced back 2-3 years ago

well if this is how it started for the iphone then its a goon way for the playbook to start....

at least its better that the playbook one
    04-26-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD