Is anybody else's Facebook app for the playbook keeps crashing. I keep getting the error "An unrecoverable error has occurred. Please restart Facebook." Tried reinstalling and keep getting the same error.
    05-27-11 11:53 PM
    Thats bizarre i use it a lot and have yet to see a single error ever.... Maybe try uninstalling and reinstalling?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-11 12:00 AM
    I haven't had a single error with the Facebook app till an hour ago. Just popped up out of the blue.

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Still get the same error.

05-28-11 12:14 AM
    The browser is awesome that I don't really need the app. But I do like seeing "via Facebook for BlackBerry� PlayBook™ tablet" when I post a status update or upload a picture.
    05-28-11 12:17 AM
    did anyone find a solution to this? it just happened to me. i cant open notifications.
    08-18-11 06:34 AM
    Same thing here...

Though I notice I tend to get the error when I try do display my own status updates... It doesn't happen as much while trying to display other statuses, pictures, etc...

I also tried reinstalling and rebooting... Next step for me would be the debrick procedure to get a "clean slate", and try again... I'll post if I try this solution...
    08-18-11 07:04 AM
    reinstalling and rebooting did not fix it.
    08-18-11 07:07 AM
    Same issue - I know Facebook has made a couple of changes to their site in the past day or so (Noticed that you have better control over your left side bar [You can now make a favorite app list and so forth] earlier this morning, and didn't notice it a couple of days ago).

So its possible they altered some database somewhere on their servers, and RIM needs to release an update.....?
    08-18-11 08:24 AM
    Also encountered this error yesterday (18th) when trying to look at responses to my own postings.

Rebooted, re-installed, rebooted then re-installed - nothing appears to fix it.

Fresh update for FB on my 9300 just downloaded, so hoping for a Playbook update in the next 24/48 hours to address this.

In the meantime, I'm posting from App just to get the neat 'posted from' message, and reviewing responses via Browser.
    08-19-11 05:15 AM
    I just got the update on my Torch in Canada... A also hope the PB update isn't far behind...
    08-19-11 07:03 AM
    Having similar issues on two playbooks. My wife just bought one yesterday, and encountered the same error right out of the box, so it's definitely something with the app or at Facebook's end. Hopefully RIM will send out an update soon, as the app is pretty useless with its constant crashing.
    08-19-11 07:09 AM
    Got an update too for fb for my blackberry. Hoping for an update too for my playbook.

08-19-11 07:41 AM
    Same issues with my PlayBook for the past couple days. Hopefully RIM comes out with an update.
    08-19-11 09:26 AM
    Had that issue too...would crash as soon as i opened it and started scrolling...went into the browser and deleted a couple links my friends had posted, FB app worked fine after that, quite odd, maybe something about the links...
    08-19-11 10:24 AM
    i get the same message whenever i attempt to view comments to posts. Updates, photos, links, etc. Crashes everytime.
    08-20-11 10:14 AM
    i get the same message whenever i attempt to view comments to posts. Updates, photos, links, etc. Crashes everytime.
    Yup, happens the same time with me. Started during the afternoon of the 19th.

Mike
    08-20-11 11:40 AM
    If everybody is having it at about the same time, it may be a server side problem instead of the client side.
    08-20-11 12:06 PM
    just to add my case here, too. i noticed that it mainly happens at new notifications. if it happens to check those from my laptop first and then from my pb, it doesn't crash very often. it started about a week ago. hopefully an update will come soon.
    08-21-11 05:49 PM
    Yup, happens the same time with me. Started during the afternoon of the 19th.

Mike
    Same thing here...

08-21-11 10:49 PM
    Same thing here...

Started doing this last night. Crashes as indicated.

Grrrr...

Tim
    08-22-11 12:54 PM
    Me too, same issues.
    I'm hoping in a new release ...
    08-22-11 04:58 PM
    Same issue here. Seems to be when I try to open someone's wall post after I have commented then someone else has. does not crash when i just open notifications. It is when i try to open that wall post, IF I have commented on it already.
    08-22-11 09:05 PM
    Yep, this crash seems to happen when I try to go to a notification, or even when I scroll down directly to the status where I posted. Kinda frustrating...
    08-23-11 09:45 AM
    just an update. here in UK
    I received an OS update (1.0.7.2942) and straight after an update appeared for the facebook app which rectified the problem. So, expect an update to come soon if you haven't gotten it already.
    08-26-11 02:34 PM
    just an update. here in UK
    I received an OS update (1.0.7.2942) and straight after an update appeared for the facebook app which rectified the problem. So, expect an update to come soon if you haven't gotten it already.
    No, we already have those updates. Still crashing.
    08-27-11 01:08 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD