Hey have searched through the forums but can't find any info on this, sorry if it's already been posted.

About 2 weks ago my Facebook app stopped loading people's display pics on there pages and on the news feed.
    If they have a pic they have up loaded it shows no problem, it's just the display pics that are not loading at all.

I do not see any settings in the app that could control this
    And when I get other people to login it does the same thing to them.
    Have tried erasing and re installing the app. Same thing.
    Is there some super simple thing I'm missing? Or is anyone else having this problem.
    12-19-12 09:04 AM
    Others are having the same issue. I sent a Twitter to BB help but no response so far. Expect the issue is to do with FB themselves since nothing changed in the PB, and the version of FB for PB doesn't change, even after today's OS update.
    12-19-12 11:42 AM
    I sent in a request to Facebook for help on the issue. Will see what they say.
    12-19-12 07:11 PM
    I have the same problem
    12-20-12 01:01 AM
    Eips trys Welcome to Facebook and makes a shorcut from the browser, works for me Regards
    12-20-12 09:46 AM
    I sent in a request to Facebook for help on the issue. Will see what they say.
    Any news? V annoying.
    12-22-12 05:45 AM
    I have the same problem.... Maybe uninstalling/reinstalling will fix the problem. Havent tried it yet
    12-23-12 02:19 AM
    Same issue here. Already tried re-installing it, did not solve the problem.
    12-23-12 01:10 PM
    No news at all. Facebook it turns out does not reply to tech support messages I found out. Gona go after rim see if they can give any clues.
    01-03-13 08:10 AM
    very irratating that there is no response from RIM and no reports or news from Crackberry.
    01-04-13 03:03 PM
    I'm having the same problem... its really frustrating.

I have also noticed that some of my facebook contacts do not sync with my PlayBook if I already follow them on Twitter or connected via LinkedIn.

I believe there is an issue with the "Social Account" field in the native PlayBook contacts app... but it will take someone more techy than me to verify it.
    01-04-13 04:17 PM
    I've reached out to BlackBerrydev about this but lately it seems as if tbey do not resplnd to anything having to do with PlayBook
    01-04-13 05:50 PM
    Just noticed this - same problem here. Must be a Facebook problem.
    01-04-13 05:55 PM
    No reply to emails.

Going to try calling rim tech support tomorrow.
    01-04-13 09:46 PM
    I'm having the same problem as well. So bloody annoying. Won't display pics of my friends. Only displays the pics in their feed. Even my profiles pics don't show up. I've stopped using the app. My only solution right now is to log into Facebook using the browser. Everything shows up fine. Just the fonts on the screen is to small. Viewing pics takes longer than fb app. Only solution for now until they fix this. Grrrrrr. Hopefully when playbook gets the BB10 update, should resolve the problem hopefully.

BB playbook 16GB and BB Bold 9900
    01-20-13 04:17 PM
    I can confirm that this is broken in both 2.0.1.358 (released April 17, 2012) and 2.1.0.1034 (released December 19, 2012). Something has changed on Facebook's end and Facebook needs to fix it or RIM needs to update the Facebook app.
    01-21-13 04:38 AM
    Facebook app not loading display pics for users-rim-respsonse.jpg

I tweeted to RIM about this a few weeks ago, and this is the response I got back!!
    01-21-13 01:19 PM
    hi all i have the same problem too using the fb app that came with my pb. but today while browsing through app world on my pb i went found this app called super social and it is looking not too bad. at least profile pics of friends and all are showing u might all want to check it out and it is free too.
    01-21-13 01:44 PM
    sorry to be diverting traffic to a different BlackBerry blog site, but has anyone else read the piece on RapidBerry about 3rd party Facebook applications:

http://rapidberry.net/facebook-updat...+(Rapid+Berry)

I am starting to get concerned that this issue falls into this category and is the reason why its not working.

not only that, but if the same facebook contact integration is used in BB10, then we may encounter the same problem... oh, please let me be wrong... or Facebook and RIM reach an agreement that BB using basic contact info (including photos) doesn't infringe on Facebooks privacy policy.
    01-26-13 04:30 PM
    Well, the FB app for the current BB phones doesn't have that issue. I also have the FB Android app sideloaded and no issue there either. I think it's just the fact that the app for PB is outdated and not up to current standards. As far as I know it has only been updated once in almost two years.
    TrickyCase likes this.
    01-26-13 05:56 PM
    Well, the FB app for the current BB phones doesn't have that issue. I also have the FB Android app sideloaded and no issue there either. I think it's just the fact that the app for PB is outdated and not up to current standards. As far as I know it has only been updated once in almost two years.
    I appreciate that, and to be honest I'm not too concerned with the native Facebook app... like you, I use the browser more often than not... its the Facebook integration into the contacts, which also is not working, and has nothing to do with the app.

I'm sure the native app developers can and will argue (and win) that the app puts into Facebook as much as it takes out... its just the integration into contacts facility only takes.. its this social media integration that is also included as part of BB10.
    01-27-13 02:28 PM
    The FB app for the PlayBook is an utter joke. It has zero functionality as far as I am concerned. Between the calendar not syncing, the contacts not syncing, and the below basic access it provides, I only use the web site on my PB. Especially, in comparison to the FB 4.0 app in Betazone, the Playbook app is a useless piece of crap.
    phylez, wetuman and JP82191 like this.
    01-27-13 02:57 PM
    Like it or not: Facebook plays an important role in today's world and mobile device without a functional FB app are unacceptable. RIM really should look into that quickly and contact Facebook. I bought my Playbook 3 months ago and at first I was happy with my purchase but now it all seems to slowly collapse. I can live with PB browser crashing now and then and I can live with many apps feeling like they are in BETA state, I can live without Skype on my device but Facebook not even loading profile pics? It's becoming painful. It all seems so abandoned to me. I love the PB form factor and the hardware is great. I think the Playbook deserves better.
    01-28-13 04:27 AM
    RIM Blackberry forgets that the most important thing that keep the customers choosing their devices is loyalty, and look how they behave toward their customers? No update since 6 months ago for (one of) the most vital app (and Twitter even not have any official app).
    I've always supported Blackberry in their darkest times. No video-call support? - ok I don't mind to wait. No all-language-keyboard? - ok, I can wait. But now there's NO SOCIAL NETWORK. It's must a joke. They told their customers: "be happy with sideload apps, and their crashing too."
    Building a new platform may take them a lot of time, but fixing some bug definitely doesn't. So why? We need your answer, Blackberry.
    02-01-13 10:21 AM
    I noticed this prob to and I havent heard anything back from BB or FB on the issue, Ive uninstalled installed, ect.. and it still doesnt work, I also noticed if im logged in on the playbook to fb app, that it messes up with my notifications on the web fb.
    02-03-13 05:11 AM
31 12