As you can see in the pic of the leaked blackberry bold touch homepage, there is a playbook in the back and it is running a tablet formatted facebook app!!!
    bbquincar and tstrike34 like this.
    04-29-11 03:50 PM
    why do you need a facebook app when you can simply log onto facebook?
    04-29-11 03:56 PM
    why do you need a facebook app when you can simply log onto facebook?
    Probably because apple taught the masses that they need an app for everything.
    04-29-11 03:58 PM
    If there's a facebook app, it will be by a non-Facebook developer, as Facebook has refused to make apps for tablets.
    04-29-11 04:00 PM
    That's not an app, that's the touch.facebook.com page.
    04-29-11 04:02 PM
    An app would generally be better because it is more streamlined and offers a better overall user experience. I am fine with the web version, but the app would make it more accessible.
    04-29-11 04:02 PM
    Adobe is making the PlayBook facebook app. There is a video demo of it last week from Adobe's blog.

http://crackberry.com/facebook-blackberry-playbook
    Last edited by greatwiseone; 04-29-11 at 04:07 PM.
    04-29-11 04:03 PM
    I want my notifications!
    04-29-11 04:08 PM
    That's not an app, that's the touch.facebook.com page.
    That's a nice interface for browsing FB. And there's a link at the bottom of the page to get to the full site since I don't see access to games in the touch UI.
    04-29-11 04:09 PM
    Probably because apple taught the masses that they need an app for everything.
    That's not it at all. Personally I'd prefer to be told about notifications rather than checking Facebook all the time.

Also, some of us would like to take advantage of the Playbook features.

If we don't need apps, then why are people complaining about native e-mail, calendar, and contacts?

While we're at it, how about we get rid of sms and just use browser e-mail?

Or remove weather apps, games, bing maps, gps maos, calculator, etc., since they can all be handled through the browser?

Apps exist for convenience.
    04-29-11 04:11 PM
    That's a nice interface for browsing FB. And there's a link at the bottom of the page to get to the full site since I don't see access to games in the touch UI.
    My mistake, that's the Adobe Facebook app.
    04-29-11 04:14 PM
    Well, according to the official Blackberry page, there was a Video App as well. Lots of work is still going on is what we can only hope for.
    04-29-11 04:43 PM
    I think the actual Facebook page works fine on the Playbook, personally.
    edyts likes this.
    04-29-11 04:48 PM
    I think the actual Facebook page works fine on the Playbook, personally.
    Do you get notifications without browsing to the page?

I don't understand why people keep debating this. Everyone wants native e-mail but, but not a native Facebook app? They both serve the same purpose.
    04-29-11 04:55 PM

I don't understand why people keep debating this. Everyone wants native e-mail but, but not a native Facebook app? They both serve the same purpose.
    Don't you get notifications to your phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-11 05:11 PM

i don't understand why some want the app you are not going to get notifications with the wifi only version unless you are connected to wifi by then it is just the same as logging into the website
    04-29-11 05:12 PM
    i don't understand why some want the app you are not going to get notifications with the wifi only version unless you are connected to wifi by then it is just the same as logging into the website
    You got it. Plus I think it'd be annoying to get notifications to different devices. The Playbook isn't a phone. The Playbook isn't an iPad.

People need to learn to think for themselves rather than letting Apple think for them.

04-29-11 05:16 PM
    Wow... People are actually saying the website is better than an app? The playbook facebook app looks great. I agree there doesn't have to be an app for everything, but the facebook.com website is not suited for the playbook.

04-29-11 05:23 PM
    No it's not.

Why would anyone want to keep one browser window open all the time to Facebook just to get notifications?
    really you can't check facebook every so often to see whats going you need facebook that bad .
    04-29-11 05:24 PM
    Clueless.

What do simple notifications have to do with "People need to learn to think for themselves rather than letting Apple think for them?"

It's a convenience FFS.
    Do you get notifications to your phone...?

My comment about Apple was in reference to the vast majority of negative reviews and comments about the Playbook that directly compare it to the iPad. The Playbook doesn't need an app for everything. People want apps because they've been led to believe they need them.

If you think about how practical having notifications on a WiFi only Playbook is going to be, and the fact that you probably already get notifications to multiple other devices, it makes not having an app not such a big deal.

04-29-11 05:26 PM
    really you can't check facebook every so often to see whats going you need facebook that bad .
    It's a means of communication like e-mail, sms, bbm, etc. Why are you so hard up against it?
    04-29-11 05:28 PM
    Don't you get notifications to your phone?

RIM might as well ditch bridge if this is the attitude.
    04-29-11 05:28 PM
    It's a means of communication like e-mail, sms, bbm, etc. Why are you so hard up against it?
    Again as I stated you will need wifi for it anyhow I don't see the difference than using the website. If the 3G version was out I would say I expected the facebook app and notification but you guys are acting like you can't live without notifications and find it difficult to log on to a website

04-29-11 05:33 PM
    Sorry, but I don't need to keep my phone at my side every waking hour.

Face it apps make things easier. Sorry you can't see that through your hatred of anything other than RIM.
    But you keep your tablet all the time?

04-29-11 05:38 PM
    Again as I stated you will need wifi for it anyhow I don't see the difference than using the website. If the 3G version was out I would say I expected the facebook app and notification but you guys are acting like you can't live without notifications and find it difficult to log on to a website

Again you miss my point. Why does ANYONE want ANY apps since most things can be done online (e-mail, calendar, games, etc.)?
    04-29-11 05:40 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD