Running 2.0. Updated FB app. My PB has very little installed. Most apps scroll nicely. Facebook app scroll is herky jerky. Anyone experience same and is this a known issue?

I keep hearing that RIM is working on a few FB app for PB and phones. This app is kinda crap compared to iOS app.
    03-10-12 03:12 PM
    It works OK here. Sometimes it needs time to load older posts/images. But scrolling is OK.
    03-10-12 03:17 PM
    Nope, not really.
    03-10-12 03:22 PM
    I confess I never liked the Facebook app so haven't even tried it since the update. I always use the browser version.
    03-10-12 03:31 PM
    My FB app scroll is not nearly as smooth as the Browser for example. Kinda makes me nauseous.
    03-10-12 03:55 PM
    Facebook app on Playbook has always been a bit jerky when scrolling. Kinda annoying. Usually use my Bold for Facebook though, so no big loss for me.
    03-10-12 06:38 PM
    Somehow I don't think it will take a faster 1.5Ghz CPU to fix this. RIM probably needs to smack a few software engineers upside the head and tell them to fix their buggy crap code.
    03-10-12 08:56 PM
    It's using Adobe AIR. An app is more jerky on scrolling when multiple image elements are being loaded on the screen. Check the latest version of WebReader for example. They should just convert this to a native app.
    03-11-12 12:13 AM
    I can't believe they still haven't hardware accelerated AIR apps yet. AIR apps have such a horrible experience (as do Android).

Only native apps are GPU-accelerated which have a really nice experience. I.E. Email, contacts, calendar, calculator, browser, pictures, print to go and of course several games. It's been a year, and half of the inbuilt apps are still laggy, in particular app world. Which I would have thought was a priority.

Sorry for the rant, I do love my PlayBook but it's frustrating. I just wish RIM could hardware accelerate AIR apps (if this is possible?) or at least remake all the inbuilt apps with the NDK (particularly App World).
    03-11-12 12:37 AM
    The scrolling on Facebook and app world is definitely sub par. Who knows when they will fix it with the amount of stuff they have going on.
    03-11-12 04:01 AM
    Should be native..
    03-11-12 05:39 AM
    I wish they write a Cascades version of FB app.. That'll be truly enticing
    03-11-12 05:47 AM
    I can't believe they still haven't hardware accelerated AIR apps yet. AIR apps have such a horrible experience (as do Android).
    I wish I had of seen the lag in the majority of apps BEFORE I purchased a Playbook. I can't believe these companies are kidding themselves into believing they're iPad competition when they can't even produce a tablet that's buttery smooth and responsive throughout. No wonder why Android failed in the tablet sector. Looks like Blackberry and just following in Android's footsteps (see "Android Issue 6914").
    05-05-12 03:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD