While I think it's great that are working to better app support such as the FB app, I still find myself using the browser to go to FB more mainly for the additional native features. I know that it's slower to load some times, but I just like seeing the non-condensed version in the browser. What do y'all think? Should development time be put into an app for a site that works perfectly in the browser, or should that time have been spent developing apps for things we don't have or features like autocorrection?
    06-07-11 09:24 PM
    i use the browser more as well
    06-07-11 09:40 PM
    Enough people use the apparently that its worth developing for
    06-07-11 09:49 PM
    I don't like the app, but I wish it worked better. I would rather have a good app than use the browser.
    06-07-11 10:30 PM
    Wasn't that app mainly developed by the facebook team, though? It's not like their time could've been better utilized by working on a Skype or Kindle app. If the facebook peeps wanna go ahead and make my fb experience better, I say let 'em go for it.

Oh, and I do prefer the app to the site personally. It's more consolidated for my quick once or twice a day scan-through. And what features does the site have that the app doesn't, besides the option to fertilize your crops when they start to wikt?
    06-07-11 10:45 PM
    i use the app but just because im more of an app guy
    06-07-11 10:47 PM
    App all the way.
    06-07-11 11:48 PM
    I use the browser as the app no longer updates after the os update yesterday.
    06-08-11 06:33 AM
    I have switched back and forth between the two but I have found myself using the browser most. For me the app loads data no faster than the browser and I prefer seeing more data than less. It's great just to have the choice.
    06-08-11 06:45 AM
    Total Browser user here. I never got use to using apps when I can have the full thing in the browser. Apps to me are just scaled down versions of the full thing for things like FB. Now if an app was built from scratch as a stand alone program like the file managers or Doom or ect ect then I'm all for them and like them.
    06-08-11 08:57 AM
    I use the browser as the app no longer updates after the os update yesterday.
    That's weird, I've had no issues with the new app and now no longer need to use the browser. You try uninstalling and then reinstalling? The only thing it's missing for me is the Push Notifications.
    Last edited by Prey521; 06-08-11 at 09:40 AM.
    06-08-11 09:35 AM
    I use the browser as well. It is easier to see friends comments on comments, and the app doesn't cover events which my friends and I use a lot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-11 09:44 AM
    I use both, seeing that you can't view events on the app, I use the site more
    06-08-11 10:06 AM
    I use the browser... Not really a fan of the app.
    06-08-11 02:24 PM
    I use them both about the same I guess. I use the app more during the day when I tend to be busier and have just a few minutes to see what's going on and use the website at night when I generally have more time to spend checking out the details of the days goings on...

PG
    06-08-11 02:51 PM
    I use the browser I actually forget the app is even there
    06-08-11 03:00 PM
    Mainly the browser, the app is kind of disappointing outside of browsing pictures on it.
    06-08-11 03:06 PM
    app when I'm on my phone, browser on my playbook.
    06-08-11 03:16 PM
    I use the browser, what is the point in ******** that the app doesn't work like the web page when you can use the web page from the PB. No thank you, even the chat in the browser works great!!
    06-08-11 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD