Just bought the playbook yesterday and I have a few questions about the facebook app.

Is there no notifications or even a sound that can be sent to the homepage when you dont have it open? Or do I have to keep manually opening it up to see if someone is chatting with me or for anything. My friend says hers makes a sound when someone sends her something but I cant seem to find how to make mine do the same. And the FB chat , although its nice and neat I dont know if anyone else notices but the friends list on there doesnt seem to refresh at all. And mine stays the same , saying that everyone is still online and able to chat long after they logged off. Just seems to be no refresh available for the chat.
    jigga2 likes this.
    01-28-12 07:50 AM
    Just bought the playbook yesterday and I have a few questions about the facebook app.

Is there no notifications or even a sound that can be sent to the homepage when you dont have it open? Or do I have to keep manually opening it up to see if someone is chatting with me or for anything. My friend says hers makes a sound when someone sends her something but I cant seem to find how to make mine do the same. And the FB chat , although its nice and neat I dont know if anyone else notices but the friends list on there doesnt seem to refresh at all. And mine stays the same , saying that everyone is still online and able to chat long after they logged off. Just seems to be no refresh available for the chat.

maybe you try to increase your sound notification in option menu gear icon.
    01-28-12 11:34 AM
    Facebook doesn't have a service running in the background when the app itself is closed (currently, no third-party app has). Consequently, you have to have the facebook window open/minimized to get notifications.
    01-28-12 01:02 PM
    yea the facebook app is pretty basic. It works very nice but I find that I need to switch to running on the browser sometimes (which is worth doing as several Facebook apps/games work good on the PB) due to its limitations. Also its out of date (no Timeline implementation yet, whereas it is on ios/android). I do use it though because I like seeing that Facebook for Blackberry Playbook Tablet on status updates, instead of being the usual iphone or android ones that I usually see on my wall from others.
    troubledforlife likes this.
    01-28-12 11:41 PM
    The Facebook app currently lacks notifications on the system level. Also, the app has connectivity issues all the time. I type out a long post and when I go to post it, it says I am not connected to the internet while other apps function without issue.
    01-31-12 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD