I find the Facebook app that came with the PB to be a very poor way to use Facebook. Instead I use the Facebook.com web page, where everything you need is there and easy to access on the PB. I find this true of many apps, why screw around with an app that gives limited capacity when you can have the full deal? If an app gives significant capability beyond what you can find on the internet, then that is worthwhile, but having an app with just a small subset of what is on the internet, seems like smart phone thinking not tablet thinking.
    06-28-11 10:22 AM
    This is my experience as well. A fully functional browser does cut down on the need for many apps. Old habits die hard with some though.
    06-28-11 10:25 AM
    I actually love the FB app - it gets past the proxy server at work, where facebook.com is blocked.
    06-28-11 10:30 AM
    The FB app is awesome!! The only time I access the FB site are for certain pages that can't be accessed on the FB app which is once in a blue moon. Otherwise, I don't see a need to access the site.
    06-28-11 10:38 AM
    The FB app is awesome!! The only time I access the FB site are for certain pages that can't be accessed on the FB app which is once in a blue moon. Otherwise, I don't see a need to access the site.
    Ditto, if they would just release version 2 anytime soon. "!
    06-28-11 10:45 AM
    yep, the app pretty much sucks if you want to do anything other than read status updates. I always go to the web.
    06-28-11 12:16 PM
    Fully functioning browser aside, RIM had a great opportunity with the FB app and dropped the ball.

They would have had the FIRST and ONLY native tablet facebook app and instead of making it a showcase for the PlayBook they merely ported over the Blackberry version of the app! Thats a serious lack of foresight.
    06-28-11 12:22 PM
    yep, the app pretty much sucks if you want to do anything other than read status updates. I always go to the web.
    Huh? The only thing I can't really do is view/reply/manage custom groups. Otherwise, I can do pretty much anything else in the app that I can do on fb.com with the added bonus of having a touch friendly interface. FB's touch website (touch.facebook.com) is not that great either.

My only gripe is the lack of Push Notifications like you get on the mobile app.
    06-28-11 01:19 PM
    I agree...I am not a fan of the FB app as it is very limited. I tend to log-on to the site most of the time.
    06-28-11 06:53 PM
    Fully functioning browser aside, RIM had a great opportunity with the FB app and dropped the ball.

They would have had the FIRST and ONLY native tablet facebook app and instead of making it a showcase for the PlayBook they merely ported over the Blackberry version of the app! Thats a serious lack of foresight.
    ^Negative Nellie who doesn't own a Playbook strikes again.

Everyone except Nellie works the PB like no one's business but Nellie comes to chirp any way.
    06-28-11 06:56 PM
    How do I stop those "farmville" posts from coming up on the FB app? On the facebook.com I can limit it to just status updates.
    06-29-11 07:42 AM
    I like the Playbook app, only thing missing is places and notifications.

They've dropped the ball with Twitter.
    06-29-11 08:03 AM
    How do I stop those "farmville" posts from coming up on the FB app? On the facebook.com I can limit it to just status updates.
    Go to the full site, there you can turn of posts from specific apps and or friends. Right next to the post there is a little button that gives You the options.

But You need to go to the webpage, it is not possible from the app.
    06-29-11 08:10 AM
    Fully functioning browser aside . . .
    Why would put the "Fully functioning browser aside?"

This is kind of the point of Playbook, isn't it?
    06-29-11 08:39 AM
    Sure, if it was fully functioning the lack of apps wouldn't be as big a pain. Hulu, Netflix, Silverlight, Quicktime, none of these work. Yet when RIM have the chance to release the FIRST tablet facebook app they simply port over the BB version! Thank god the website works!...

Why would put the "Fully functioning browser aside?"

This is kind of the point of Playbook, isn't it?
    06-29-11 02:15 PM
    website won't give you notifications (once they exist in the app)

that's a deal breaker for me.
    06-29-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD