Not only is the Facebook app great, but the fact that we're the first to get a Facebook Tablet App and not Ipad is a great win for us
    05-03-11 01:37 AM
    Hells yeah! I didn't think this was going to be available for at least another few days!
    05-03-11 02:00 AM
    i was surprised it was not included at launch but nonetheless I just downloaded the app!
    05-03-11 02:31 AM
    It is a nice app. Need some improvements but i LOVE it! To be honest, my iPad has not been touched for a week since i received the Blackberry. I hope there will be a lot of extra apps introduced quickly (Twitter, native E-mail like Amail, Skype or MSN).
    05-03-11 04:31 AM
    for me, skype and Email are the most important, the facebook app has just been crossed off my wish-list, now a reality
    05-03-11 05:07 AM
    Call me what you will, but this was jusy a quick port of the phone app to the playbook rather than an app developed to take advantage of the functionality of the new platform...

Things missing:
    � orientation awareness
    � tagging in status
    � post deletion / editing
    � video upload
    � comment (not status) liking
    � link posting

05-03-11 07:27 AM
    Well I totally agree with you on the points mentioned. I love the facebook.com website and this app is the first step. I have an iPad for 6 months now and still no Facebook. So keep up the good work RIM and add some more serious apps on Appworld now!
    05-03-11 07:33 AM
    since it's only V1.0 I would imagine it might get a bit of tweaking over the next while. So far, I like it better than FB on my Storm1.
    05-03-11 10:39 AM
    Fair enough. But when you compare it to the full experience web interface, it offers you no benefit and drops several features.

All that is missing from the web is recognition of the front camera as a webcam and device integrated notifications. I had hoped that the app would at least have one of those.
    05-03-11 11:01 AM
    The funny think is I didn't like the facebook client on my BB, but on my PB with the larger screen and the touch I LOVE it!
    05-03-11 11:01 AM
    FB on the PB is not updatting as fast as on the phone.

Seeing a reponse on the phone that is not showing on the PB.

I have refereshed FB o PB several time and still no show.

Only way to see it on the PB is via the comment icon on the top.

Also, I see no notifications on the PB like on the phone.

Tim
    05-03-11 11:30 AM
    I'm curious, why would you use this app instead of visiting the website? Not trying to troll, just wondering what the benefits are.
    05-03-11 11:36 AM
    I was web browsing and chatting with the Facebook app at the same time last night. It worked marvelously. That's what the PB's multitasking and fast tasks switching are all about!

I wonder if 3rd-party apps have access to the notification bar. It'd be great if the Facebook app can produce a notification for new messages.

I'm curious, why would you use this app instead of visiting the website? Not trying to troll, just wondering what the benefits are.
    I would use the website if the web browser offered faster tab switching. Right now, switching between apps is faster. Also, notification would be a benefit if apps support that.
    Last edited by Intosh; 05-03-11 at 12:06 PM.
    05-03-11 12:04 PM
    is there anyway using the facebook app to see your pages? it is not a tab on the friends page
    05-03-11 08:58 PM
    Also, if you read your comments via the PB FB app, the BB phone still shows the comments as unread.

The app is easier to read for us old folks, has some lacking items but good start!

Tim
    05-03-11 11:04 PM
    is there anyway using the facebook app to see your pages? it is not a tab on the friends page
    go to your friend's page and hit the search field. you'll see pages there.
    05-03-11 11:53 PM
    Is anyone finding the new FB app way to touchy?
    It seems whenever I try to scroll it opens a comment or entry.
    Frustrating..

Tim
    05-04-11 10:01 AM
    Is anyone finding the new FB app way to touchy?
    It seems whenever I try to scroll it opens a comment or entry.
    Frustrating..

Tim
    I agree. Being able to scroll using the bezel would be fantastic.
    05-04-11 11:09 AM
    It's strange that the PB is the first tablet to get an optimised FB app, considering it's got such a good browser that FB works better on it than most other tablets!
    05-04-11 02:47 PM
    The scrolling is extremely horrible. It looks like it's about 10FPS...
    05-05-11 01:46 AM
    Did anyone else notice that the Facebook App for Playbook will activate your chat on the website regardless of your settings inside the app.

Here's what's happening to me:
    - Go to Facebook website from PC, chat is turned off
    - Open the Facebook App on the Playbook, chat is turned off in the app.
    - Go to Facebook website from PC again. Now the chat is suddenly turned on.

I find that quite annoying. Anyone else noticing this behavior?
    05-06-11 02:38 AM
    application wont post any comments i make. maybe do an uninstall and reinstall

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 09:02 AM
    I think it is great also. I know it says you can upload phtos but I have not figured out how to do it yet. anyone have an idea of how to do it?
    05-06-11 11:44 AM
    there's a plus + sign on the upper right hand side of the news feed wall, click on it and it will give you options for uploading a picture
    05-10-11 06:52 AM
    Just curious - So it says "This app was not developed by Facebook" would this still be considered the first tablet app? I mean I know there are other FB apps for other tabs out there by 3rd partys, like I see "Friendly for iPad" in my news feed all the time...
    05-10-11 04:05 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD