I don't think Facebook develops apps, but rather gives license for their development.
    05-11-11 02:06 AM
    Anyone else experiencing this? When I open up the FB app, it only gives me a couple of updates...and the option to see the older updates isnt there?
    05-12-11 05:22 PM
    when i click notifications (the globe icon) it only shows friend requests.
    05-12-11 05:48 PM
    So far I have stopped useing this application and went back to useing the website.

To few options, too touchy,,sick of the game notification etc.

Tim
    05-14-11 02:53 AM
    I like the app but until they add some way to keep all the Farmville crap out of my newsfeed I'll stick with the web version thank you very much.
    evozero likes this.
    05-21-11 11:57 AM
    I like the app but until they add some way to keep all the Farmville crap out of my newsfeed I'll stick with the web version thank you very much.
    to filter stuff like that, go to main website, find a post in your timeline and go to the top right of that post, a little X will show, click that then choose `hide all by .....` this works for all apps

note: also stops it showing in social feeds too
    05-21-11 12:24 PM
    Has anyone had any problems posting updates using the app; specifically, longer messages than a few words? I notice that if I want to type a paragraph as a status update, the app just says that its sending the update and then seems to get stuck. Short updates of a few words go through smoothly without any problem.
    05-21-11 12:39 PM
    I'm CERTAIN RIM paid Fb to make the Fb app...

Cos there's nothing in for FB to develop apps. any advertising revenue only applies to facebook.com ... the more ppl visiting facebook.com, the better!!!
    05-21-11 01:43 PM
    is there a way to change your profile pic using the FB app?
    05-21-11 03:24 PM
    C'mon folks, let's ease up just a little. The poor developers are being driven crazy. On one side they have people screaming to get the app out and then as quick as it comes out, all the other people are complaining about how it works, what it won't do, etc. The app will develop and become better over time. Post your requests and wishes, but please be constructive and positive. If something isn't working, there is a good chance it will be corrected in the near future. Additionally more features will be added. Just be a little patient and don't forget to THANK the developers, it isn't like they are getting fat paychecks for doing this.
    05-21-11 04:22 PM
    Just be a little patient and don't forget to THANK the developers, it isn't like they are getting fat paychecks for doing this.
    the app is made by rim/adobe/facebook. all HUGE companies, so im guessing they do get large paychecks. but i agree more stuff will come, but hey the browser is fine for the FULL facebook experience if you think your missing suomething in the meantime
    05-21-11 04:41 PM
    I'm CERTAIN RIM paid Fb to make the Fb app...

Cos there's nothing in for FB to develop apps. any advertising revenue only applies to facebook.com ... the more ppl visiting facebook.com, the better!!!
    incorrect in a way, its the google principle `more eyes on the merchandise` say you update your status, odds are one of your friends will view it on the full website, its a numbers game, the more people on facebook, be it app or website, the more traffic the site generates and the more people will view facebook on the web, then the more people will pay to advertise. its not the direct actions that make money but the results of those actions.
    05-21-11 04:45 PM
    It would be nice if it would apply the block filters that the website honors. I despise seeing aol those silly game notifications/requests, especially since those do not show up on the web version.
    05-22-11 02:45 AM
    Big update, will be checking it out soon.
    06-07-11 06:53 AM
    new fb cant post photo.
    06-07-11 09:36 AM
    so all of u guys facebook can post photo after the update?
    06-08-11 10:26 AM
    to filter stuff like that, go to main website, find a post in your timeline and go to the top right of that post, a little X will show, click that then choose `hide all by .....` this works for all apps

note: also stops it showing in social feeds too
    This doesn't work for me since in the main website I already selected to "hide all by", but still shows on the pb app, and my bb 8350i fb app.

Last edited by evozero; 06-08-11 at 06:41 PM.
    06-08-11 06:16 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD