Do you have any other apps in progress? perhaps ExoGalaxy explorer? I wanna looks at some pulsars!
    There are a few pulsars in Exoplanet, they just aren't animated currently, but it is planned.

Do a name search for "PSR".

PSR 1257 was actually the first system discovered with planets.
    03-21-12 07:57 PM
    i will do that right now!
    03-21-12 08:15 PM
    wow Exoplanet is already #17 on top paid apps
    03-21-12 08:41 PM
    wow Exoplanet is already #17 on top paid apps
    I just checked appworldstats, and it's at #80 overall
    03-21-12 08:51 PM
    Just want to thank you Neil for bringing this to the PB. I chortled in delight when I discovered my first binary star system!
    03-21-12 08:53 PM
    I just checked appworldstats, and it's at #80 overall
    Well yeah that includes all the phone apps too, which you will easily be on when bb10 phones come out.
    03-21-12 08:55 PM
    Just want to thank you Neil for bringing this to the PB. I chortled in delight when I discovered my first binary star system!

Those binary systems are hard work. I had to read scientific papers to get the raw stats for them, particularly the cataclysmic binaries.

A cataclysmic binary is usually a neutron star of some kind (smaller than Earth, but a similar mass as our star), and a "more regular" star, like a red dwarf, which is much larger than it's companion, but with a much smaller mass. They orbit each other really closely, and the neutron star's gravity will "suck" matter from it's companion causing huge radiation bursts, hence the cataclysm. I hope to animate these one day too, but it'll be a bit of work.
    Last edited by Neil B; 03-21-12 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Corrected neutron star size
    03-21-12 09:15 PM
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgiUGb8RHBY[/YT]

A vid android central did a couple weeks ago. Pictures dont do the app any justice.
    03-22-12 12:10 AM

Those binary systems are hard work. I had to read scientific papers to get the raw stats for them, particularly the cataclysmic binaries.

A cataclysmic binary is usually a neutron star of some kind (smaller than Earth, but a similar mass as our star), and a "more regular" star, like a red dwarf, which is much larger than it's companion, but with a much smaller mass. They orbit each other really closely, and the neutron star's gravity will "suck" matter from it's companion causing huge radiation bursts, hence the cataclysm. I hope to animate these one day too, but it'll be a bit of work.
    that would be amazing!!
    03-22-12 05:03 PM
    Ok its time this app got featured
    03-25-12 01:28 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD