Exoplanet Explorer: Available on App World! | Apps @ Burlock.org

Hooray! Downloading now

Oh yeah, intro price at 1.99.. will go to 2.99 eventually so get it now
    Last edited by playbookster; 03-21-12 at 08:52 AM.
    03-20-12 08:19 PM
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up... Downloading now!
    03-20-12 09:53 PM
    Just grabbed it. Thanks for a great app
    03-20-12 09:55 PM
    Nice! Thanks for the heads up... Downloading now!
    whoa, you live in poco too?
    03-20-12 10:40 PM
    The scope of this app is amazing, makes me feel insignificant haha, but its pretty cool comparing the planets in our solar system to other planets many lightyears away. This is a killer App! 9.5/10.
    03-21-12 01:33 AM
    makes me feel insignificant
    I know that feeling... we've only spotted a tiny fraction of the planets in our region of space, let alone the galaxy, and there's some really bizarre stuff in just that small sample.

The Kepler spacecraft has detected a further 2,300+ candidates, of which 90% will probably turn out to be real planets. It's only watching a small part of the sky.

We should soon start to see more rocky, Earth sized planets in the data too, since detection techniques are getting better all the time.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    03-21-12 03:51 AM
    Does that mean you will add 2300 more planets to your app?
    03-21-12 08:45 AM
    whoa, you live in poco too?
    Yep... Moved here last year from New West. Liking it so far.
    03-21-12 09:08 AM
    App world link : Buy Exoplanet Explorer - Download Exoplanet Explorer - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I just purchased this app. It looks simply amazing. I use the solar system explorer application with my children to teach them about our solar system. Output to the big screen helps dramatically This app will sit side by side with it. Thank you.
    03-21-12 10:09 AM
    Very nice application, I love it!
    03-21-12 11:34 AM
    App world link : Buy Exoplanet Explorer - Download Exoplanet Explorer - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I just purchased this app. It looks simply amazing. I use the solar system explorer application with my children to teach them about our solar system. Output to the big screen helps dramatically This app will sit side by side with it. Thank you.
    thanks for linking.. the bb site seems to hate my opera browser :|
    03-21-12 03:24 PM
    Okay, one more sale accomplished!
    03-21-12 04:18 PM
    Does that mean you will add 2300 more planets to your app?
    Yes, when they are confirmed
    hpulley likes this.
    03-21-12 04:26 PM
    Just picked it up. Looking forward to this and I'm sure the kids will find it handy
    03-21-12 04:29 PM
    Just bought them both... I had been meaning to buy the other one for quite some time...
    03-21-12 04:37 PM
    Hey Neil,
    You should consider adding a hyper link to your signature that goes to the respective app's page in App World

All the other devs do it!

PS thanks for the great apps!
    playbookster likes this.
    03-21-12 05:23 PM
    Hey Neil,
    You should consider adding a hyper link to your signature that goes to the respective app's page in App World

All the other devs do it!

PS thanks for the great apps!
    good idea!
    03-21-12 05:42 PM
    Hey Neil,
    I've only apparently made 10 posts (feels like more), but I need 25 to have a hyperlink in my signature.

Maybe I should just add 15 nonsense posts

14 to go...
    03-21-12 06:04 PM
    Super cool apps, educational and fun too.

Are the spacecraft positions in solar system explorer correct? Cassini seems far from Saturn.
    Last edited by hpulley; 03-21-12 at 06:19 PM.
    03-21-12 06:15 PM
    I've only apparently made 10 posts (feels like more), but I need 25 to have a hyperlink in my signature.

Maybe I should just add 15 nonsense posts

14 to go...
    ill help. Soooo hows your day going? haha
    03-21-12 06:30 PM
    Are the spacecraft positions in solar system explorer correct? Cassini seems far from Saturn.
    No, they aren't in the correct locations. They are very detailed, so if they were close to the planet models, it would cause framerate issues, even on a Playbook. The main culprits are Saturn and Uranus with the rings and all the moons they have. Jupiter isn't far behind.
    hpulley likes this.
    03-21-12 06:35 PM
    ill help. Soooo hows your day going? haha
    Not bad at all
    03-21-12 06:44 PM
    No, they aren't in the correct locations. They are very detailed, so if they were close to the planet models, it would cause framerate issues, even on a Playbook. The main culprits are Saturn and Uranus with the rings and all the moons they have. Jupiter isn't far behind.
    Hmm... I just had an idea for a workaround for this issue... I suppose if I just hide the moons and suspend the orbit simulation it would work. I'd have to simplify the textures used by the spacecraft, but it probably wouldn't be noticeable...

it won't change soon, but it's on my list now.
    hpulley and Knightcrawler like this.
    03-21-12 06:49 PM
    Hmm... I just had an idea for a workaround for this issue... I suppose if I just hide the moons and suspend the orbit simulation it would work. I'd have to simplify the textures used by the spacecraft, but it probably wouldn't be noticeable...

Do you have any other apps in progress? perhaps ExoGalaxy explorer? I wanna looks at some pulsars!
    03-21-12 06:58 PM

Awesome, thanks, looking forward to it.
    03-21-12 07:12 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD