I'm not sure if anyone else is having this trouble, but it seems the Evernote app is not really reacting well to the new keyboard in OS2. It doesn't seem to handle hard returns well and the backspace button will only work on one character at a time (you have to touch the screen again to put the cursor back) or it doesn't back space at all and instead starts back the cursor further up the note. It also seems to be duplicating words and lines of text. All in all, it's no longer usable to edit or create notes, really.

Was curious if anyone else had noticed this.
    02-21-12 01:29 PM
    Same issue for me....I use Evernote almost daily.....this sucks! Evernote needs an update for the playbook anyway since there will is no offline note support or support for portrait mode.....
    02-21-12 01:38 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone else is having this trouble, but it seems the Evernote app is not really reacting well to the new keyboard in OS2. It doesn't seem to handle hard returns well and the backspace button will only work on one character at a time (you have to touch the screen again to put the cursor back) or it doesn't back space at all and instead starts back the cursor further up the note. It also seems to be duplicating words and lines of text. All in all, it's no longer usable to edit or create notes, really.

Was curious if anyone else had noticed this.
    Saw this in the last beta. Turn off predictive typing and you'll be fine.

Same issue for me....I use Evernote almost daily.....this sucks! Evernote needs an update for the playbook anyway since there will is no offline note support or support for portrait mode.....
    The Android version has offline access. Just have to side load it.
    02-21-12 01:43 PM
    Sorry to hear about your issues with EverNote. Works perfectly fine on my PlayBook with the new keyboard.
    02-21-12 01:55 PM
    Happening to me as well...really annoying.
    02-21-12 05:52 PM
    as a work around until Evernote releases a fix turn off the predictive text in settings
    jambrose00 likes this.
    02-21-12 06:00 PM
    Here's my experience:

Summary:
    Disabling the new keyboard features does not fix the problem - for me as least.

Explanation:
    1.) I performed a security wipe of the latest version 1 OS before upgrading to 2.0.
    2.) I tried to use Evernote (with the default keyboard), but text entry was problematic:
    • The cursor periodically jumped to a different line in the text while typing.
    • When you use Backspace to delete characters, additional characters appear to the right of the cursor.
    • etc.

3.) I deactivated the following system Keyboard settings:
    • "Show predictions and suggestions"
    • "Check spelling"

4.) The next time I used Evernote, it seemed like the problem was fixed (avoided).
    5.) However (possibly after a reboot), most of the problems have returned. The keyboard options are still off and the stripped down keyboard is still present:
    • The cursor periodically jumps to a different line in the text while typing.
    • Backspace does not always work. Most of the time, the cursor remains in the same position and characters to the left of it are not deleted.

6.) This problem no longer occurs:
    • When you use Backspace to delete characters, additional characters appear to the right of the cursor.

All of the tests above we performed with existing and new Evernote documents.
    02-23-12 08:31 AM
    I hope the dev updates Evernote soon. I tried all kinds of keyboard setting combinations, it still does not work.

I've resorted to using the email application to take notes and periodically email them to myself so I can transfer them to my desktop. It works good enough, but I liked using Evernote for managing a couple of log files I write to on a daily basis. The Playbook is perfect for me; big enough to comfortably and quickly enter notes; small enough to carry around the office and lab all day. It's even better now that I can manage my email on it with a native application (rather than via the web-based interface).

Anyway, PLEASE fix Evernote soon!
    03-01-12 09:44 PM
    I hope they update their app and push it through soon, as well. Even if it did solve the problem, turning off predictive text isn't an acceptable solution to me. I won't disable a useful part of the operating system to us an app. I will simply not use the app and will find something else that fits my needs.

Most of the other apps I use regularly have updated already.
    03-01-12 10:53 PM
    Sideload the Android Evernote app. Search the threads for Evernote to find the link. I did the Sideload and the app is FAR BETTER than the default preinstalled PB app.

Since it is sideloading, it becomes a native app.

Plus... It has OFFLINE mode. Yes, you can use it when not on the network. Apparently the only function not working yet is the camera. Even the Evernote forum mod suggests the Android Sideload till they update the PB version. Frankly they should just start with the Android version for PB.
    03-02-12 02:24 AM
    Same happened for me. I started usuing Groovy Notes more instead. Not the same but since 2.0 I am using my PB so much more now.
    03-02-12 03:32 AM
    Sideload the Android Evernote app. Search the threads for Evernote to find the link. I did the Sideload and the app is FAR BETTER than the default preinstalled PB app.

Since it is sideloading, it becomes a native app.

Plus... It has OFFLINE mode. Yes, you can use it when not on the network. Apparently the only function not working yet is the camera. Even the Evernote forum mod suggests the Android Sideload till they update the PB version. Frankly they should just start with the Android version for PB.
    I agree, the Android version is far better and since 2.0, the PB version is a mess. I find it funny that the app world keeps pushing it as a featured app!

Hopefully the Evernote guys will (1) check the latest reviews and (2) care enough to fix it. I have the Android app sideloaded and I'm trucking along fine. I just feel bad for the chap who may not be savvy enough for sideloading and has to deal with a broken version of a great app.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    03-02-12 08:54 PM
    I have exactly the same problems described by the OP. I tried a few things to fix it, no luck. I sent a ticket to the Evernote team. So far I've only recieved the auto response. I guess I'll need to sideload the android version although it's too bad that the version prominently displayed under "apps for business" in app world doesn't work properly.
    03-03-12 04:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD