Evernote for the BlackBerry Playbook is now LIVE in App World! Go download.

The apps are slowly coming. I'm excited.
    09-08-11 12:28 PM
    Yeah, I just noticed it...
    09-08-11 12:35 PM
    Wow..... amazing app, thanks for posting this thread.
    09-08-11 12:50 PM
    It keeps hanging whenever I try to save a note
    09-08-11 01:14 PM
    Nice! I've been using both Evernote and Springpad. This app release might have made up my mind on which one I stick with going forward.
    09-08-11 01:15 PM
    Never used it, installed on my 9930 and playbook, now I gotta find a need to use it
    09-08-11 01:16 PM
    Finally! I've been an Evernote user for about a year now and fell in love with it at first "note".

I don't own a PB yet, but when I do, I'm immediately getting this app since every device connected to the internet that I own has Evernote. I'll be subscribing as a "premium" member now that the Evernote team is showing love for PB
    09-08-11 03:34 PM
    Thanks for posting that! I use Evernote to track just about everything, and the lack of a legitimate client was a real frustration for me. Unfortunately, it looks like they have not yet implemented a rich text editor and one can only append plain text to a note. Other than that, this is a welcome addition to the platform.
    09-08-11 03:44 PM
    It keeps hanging whenever I try to save a note
    Keeps hanging for me as well. I'm on latest OS. I can edit and save existing posts ok though.
    09-08-11 03:52 PM
    Keeps hanging for me as well. I'm on latest OS. I can edit and save existing posts ok though.
    Me too. QC much? Pretty basic function, saving a new note...
    09-08-11 04:12 PM
    I am not sure - can you sketch/draw in this app? I was able to take a photo and type but I thought it shows sketching??? Oh, is everything saved to the cloud? Locally?
    Last edited by F2; 09-08-11 at 04:53 PM.
    09-08-11 04:48 PM
    Never used it, installed on my 9930 and playbook, now I gotta find a need to use it
    same here i only wish it could be used offline. i could be wrong but once the wifi on the playbook is turned off it cant be used. i wish it was more of a blackberry native notes so i can still view whats all ready synced.
    09-08-11 04:49 PM
    Hangs on me also.
    09-08-11 05:04 PM
    Two issues I'm having.

A delay when posting a note from the PlayBook and audio note created on my 9700 (AMR) won't play on the PlayBook but those created on the PlayBook (wav) play on the 9700.
    09-08-11 06:09 PM
    Hangs on me as well... i'm on the latest OS
    09-08-11 09:19 PM
    I gave it a try. initially it hung on me when i attempted to create a new note. But i logged in via the web application on my Windows system, and created a new notebook. After that i could create new text notes using the app on the Playbook, and that synced up fine. I have not tried audio or pictures yet. i did install the Windows client on my desktop, and also the BB client on my BB Curve. This seems like a very nice "Cloud” application. However I would really like it better if I could take notes and access them while offline. Sync new or updated material when I have a connection available. Being out in the countryside, i only have internet connection when in my home office. Even the BB Curve has no signal when I am out and about. only if near a highway, or in a town can I connect, and even then there are dead spots. So an Offline capability would be very good.

I am involved in scientific software support. Actually an Enterprise Notebook application, so I am very into information management. This is lacking many things we would require for IP purposes for a real scientific E-Notebook, but I could see this as a good collaboration tool or notebook for students working on experiments as a team.... Has some interesting potential! Just wish it had an offline capability.
    09-08-11 09:40 PM
    Is there a Pro version? On other platforms, the Pro version allows for offline syncing, IIRC.
    09-08-11 10:34 PM
    Is there a Pro version? On other platforms, the Pro version allows for offline syncing, IIRC.
    Evernote doesn't offer Pro versions per-se. Instead, Evernote has a Premium Service that's handled server-side. Only one app, but their servers will only process premium features if you subscribed to it. Offline sync is one of the premium features. Without it, the only offline notes you'll see are those that you created on that specific device.
    09-09-11 10:48 AM
    ^^^ thanks for the clarification. I use Evernote heavily, but do not subscribe to the premium service.
    09-09-11 12:58 PM
    On the Playbook, you can not even start the application without it being able to connect to the server. Also it will not allow you to create any local content saved on the PB, for later sync. It's like using the web browser version. This is likely a Webworks application. Too bad - had high hopes. The BB Curve version you also have to be connected to the server and log in. Its likely it saves nothing locally as well. The Windows version, I think you also have to be logged into the Server to create notes. It requires you to log intow the server before it will start the application. Now its possible this all goes away with a premium account. But I would need conformation of that. I really want to be able to create content without having to be connected to their servers. Want it to sync when I want to connect.
    bquinney likes this.
    09-09-11 05:57 PM
    On the Playbook, you can not even start the application without it being able to connect to the server. Also it will not allow you to create any local content saved on the PB, for later sync. It's like using the web browser version. This is likely a Webworks application. Too bad - had high hopes. The BB Curve version you also have to be connected to the server and log in. Its likely it saves nothing locally as well. The Windows version, I think you also have to be logged into the Server to create notes. It requires you to log intow the server before it will start the application. Now its possible this all goes away with a premium account. But I would need conformation of that. I really want to be able to create content without having to be connected to their servers. Want it to sync when I want to connect.
    Agreed... it's a note program, for crying out loud. You would need the occasional offline input ability, I think.
    09-09-11 06:14 PM
    Ok, I can live with the online only mode as am nearly always connected to the internet - but it is just too slow. Also you cannot even play back an audio note recorded on a Blackberry phone!
    09-10-11 05:14 AM
    Evernote... #fail
    09-10-11 09:22 AM
    Well I haven't changed anything and I can now post new notes from my Playbook. I assume all the Playbook users using the new app a few days back caused the Evernote servers problems
    09-11-11 03:48 PM
    I'm bumping this thread as Evernote for the PlayBook still isn't working for me. I cannot save a note. A lot of people appear to be experiencing the problem judging by the not too flattering reviews posted. Seriously, Evernote, I'm happy that you're finally bringing this app to the PlayBook but is this really the best effort you're willing to make on the PlayBook? Does your iPad app freeze when people try saving a note? Didn't think so.
    09-14-11 09:12 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD