Is Springpad as good? I was excited to use this but I find it, like everyone else, hanging on saving a note. It'll suck to compose something of awesome proportions only to lose what you wanted to save due to it hanging...
    09-19-11 01:24 PM
    I have opened a ticket with customer service. I am not a Premium subscriber so I don't know how long it will be before it gets their attention. I would suggest that anybody who's having the problem do the same. Let's show them that there is interest in this app working right on the PlayBook.
    LiteBulb likes this.
    09-19-11 06:57 PM
    Tried it, it's fails to save. Deleted it.
    09-19-11 10:58 PM
    Folks having issues with Evernote, try this. Login from your PC or Mac via the Web app. Delete the existing default notebook and create a new one without RTF content. Keep ir simple. I think the issue is that the existing initial notebook contains content not compatible with the playbook version. Starting from a clean slate seems to work.

Initially i had the same problem with it saving notes via th Playbook. So decided to see if the app was just hanging. Thats why I logged in via my PC using IE. After i created a new clean notebook. Everything started to work. Now if the Playbook version only allowed offline usage i would say this a great application. But as is there are a lot of places I don't have network connectivity even when bridged ie no wifi or cell signal. In those situations its useless to me.
    09-20-11 07:51 AM
    On line works fine for me.
    09-20-11 07:54 AM
    Folks having issues with Evernote, try this. Login from your PC or Mac via the Web app. Delete the existing default notebook and create a new one without RTF content. Keep ir simple. I think the issue is that the existing initial notebook contains content not compatible with the playbook version. Starting from a clean slate seems to work.
    Didn't work for me. Still hangs up saving a new note, even to the newly created default notebook.
    09-20-11 11:22 AM
    I received a reply to my ticket. It appears the support is as good as the app itself:

Thank you for contacting us with this issue.

Can you please provide us the following information:

1) Make and model of Playbook.

2) OS version (tap the gear icon in the top right. The first screen should be the about tab, where you can see the hardware model and the OS version)

We look forward to your reply.

I'm tempted to tell them it's a Samsung PlayBook. Also, the OS version was one of the questions asked on the form when I opened the ticket.
    09-20-11 08:51 PM
    Didn't work for me. Still hangs up saving a new note, even to the newly created default notebook.
    Doesn't work for me either.
    09-20-11 08:52 PM
    I liked the concept of this app, But it is a complete failure in execution hope they update it soon.
    09-23-11 07:21 AM
    would be a great app if it didnt freeze every time i try to save a note.

The other complaint i have is that you cant just save the note to the playbook.

So if im in a basement at a customers location looking at a electrical panel that needs a part, i cant get evernote to open cause i have poor reception. so i cant take notes or pictures .

If you could save the note locally and it would upload it in the background when it gets reception - that would be a MUCH needed improvement.
    09-23-11 08:18 AM
    Just a quick update. I opened a ticket last Saturday. Evernote contacted me Tuesday (and again Wednesday) asking questions like "What's the make and model of your PlayBook?" and "What version of the OS are you running", this last information having been provided when the ticket was opened. I replyed on Wednesday and nothing since.
    09-24-11 08:07 PM
    Oh wow its a shame cause the app seems to have worked fine for me :/
    10-15-11 08:47 AM
    awesome i love this aop synced across bb pb and mac
    10-15-11 09:52 AM
    I know this app works well on the apple os/ Ipad. My son uses it daily at school and can do just about anything a college student might need, perhaps falling short of creating extremely detailed reports. He has demonstrated its capability and I am awaiting this functionality for our Playbook. I have been trying the basic doc app that came with the device for note taking and that has not proved to be as useful as I had hoped. My fingers are crossed that the bugs will get ironed out soon.
    10-17-11 07:05 AM
    I can't open picture files in notes. When I click on the picture, the browser opens and the picture doesn't load. I contacted Evernote about this and they basically said they're working on the fix. Maybe they have plans for a proper app when OS2 arrives?
    10-17-11 08:27 PM
    somebody should tell the guy from evernote that presented at devcon that you can't save anything on the pb evernote app and it barely works.
    10-18-11 03:32 PM
    I've been having all sorts of issues with Evernote on my PB. My main issue is that when trying to log in it just sits on the login page with the spinning wheel indicating that it is busy, I have only once have I successfull logged in. (any suggestions on how to fix this?)

After having emailed Evernote Support a couple of times about various issues, the solution to many peoples problems in saving a new note can be fixed by going into the PB settings, Application Permissions, go in to the Evernote permissions and set GPS to denied than restart the Evernote and see if it works.

There is a bug I believe with the GPS functionality.

Please let me know if it works. It worked for me when I was able to log in for the one successful time.
    Last edited by metroside; 10-19-11 at 03:18 AM.
    pattste likes this.
    10-19-11 03:14 AM
    After having emailed Evernote Support a couple of times about various issues, the solution to many peoples problems in saving a new note can be fixed by going into the PB settings, Application Permissions, go in to the Evernote permissions and set GPS to denied than restart the Evernote and see if it works.

There is a bug I believe with the GPS functionality.
    It works! Thank you so much! Evernote confirmed the bug and closed my ticket saying they didn't know when a fix would be available. I guess the support person didn't know about the workaround.
    10-25-11 06:38 PM
    If you want off-line mode for Evernote, I'd recommend installing the Android BAR.

Instructions for the installation process, as well as a link to download the BAR, can be found in the sticky's at the top of this fourm.

Personally, i happen to like it better than the native QNX, and think it would've made an awesome demo at DevCon of the easy converting process.
    10-28-11 05:54 AM
    It works! Thank you so much! Evernote confirmed the bug and closed my ticket saying they didn't know when a fix would be available. I guess the support person didn't know about the workaround.
    Application permissions? Where do I find that?

PB Settings? What am I missing??
    10-28-11 01:27 PM
    Application permissions? Where do I find that?

PB Settings? What am I missing??
    Go to settings (upper right hand corner - gear looking item) - click and find security and then application permissions and then select Evernote and GPS - etc
    TheSuperSloth likes this.
    10-28-11 01:44 PM
    Go to settings (upper right hand corner - gear looking item) - click and find security and then application permissions and then select Evernote and GPS - etc
    Cool! Learned something new on my PB.

And Evernote is now saving new notes, fantastic.

Thanks!
    10-28-11 01:54 PM
    I can confirm this worked for me. Wow, what an easy bug. I hope the fix is just as simple for dev.
    10-28-11 02:11 PM
    This "app" is a bit of a joke, IMO.

It looks half-baked, especially if you compare it with the iPhone/iPad app (I have the iPhone one). It's basically a glorified browser - all evernote notes are html documents.

I wish it would save and sync locally to the PB...
    10-28-11 02:14 PM
    If you want off-line mode for Evernote, I'd recommend installing the Android BAR.

Instructions for the installation process, as well as a link to download the BAR, can be found in the sticky's at the top of this fourm.

Personally, i happen to like it better than the native QNX, and think it would've made an awesome demo at DevCon of the easy converting process.
    I agree that the Andriod version once converted to a BAR works much better than the QNX version. If I was Evernote I'm not sure how much development I would do on the QNX versions if I knew the Android version was running fine.
    technomensch likes this.
    10-29-11 02:32 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD