After waiting since the release of OS 2.0, Evernote fanatics like myself received an official update from Evernote today advising that they will continue to support the Playbook platform and that they will have a working version of the application out shortly.

The previous version was pulled from App World due to it not functioning correctly.

I for one am pretty happy that we wiill have a working native Playbook Evernote App again.

More information is on the Evernote Forums here.

PlayBook Update Coming Soon - Evernote for BlackBerry - Evernote User Forum
    Last edited by metroside; 05-22-12 at 06:48 AM.
    05-22-12 03:45 AM
    Thank you! That is great news. I use it on my PB but every so often hit my head against a wall with it so an update is very very welcome.
    05-22-12 04:10 AM
    This is indeed good. I'm using Evernote for Android.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-22-12 05:47 AM
    About bloody time.
    05-22-12 05:57 AM
    I have been using the Web interface and/or my BlackBerry Torch to edit notes as the editor in the PlayBook version is unusable. It will be great to finally have a working version on the PB. Thanks for the update, I will be keeping an eye out for the release.
    05-22-12 05:59 AM
    Are there any pre-release notes that say what has been fixed and improved in the app?
    05-22-12 06:13 AM
    Are there any pre-release notes that say what has been fixed and improved in the app?
    No prelease notes as yet, but the reason that it was pulled from App World was due to the predictive text issues. As long as this is fixed any additional features will be a bonus for me.
    05-22-12 06:51 AM
    Great. I'm using Evernote on my 9810 until there's an update for the playbook

They recently purchased Penultimate and stated they want to put it on more platforms.
    We should see it on BB10
    lotuslanderz likes this.
    05-22-12 07:50 AM
    I hope they just update it quickly and it's about time they sorted it.
    I might even renew my premium account again.
    05-22-12 02:16 PM
    Great. I'm using Evernote on my 9810 until there's an update for the playbook

They recently purchased Penultimate and stated they want to put it on more platforms.
    We should see it on BB10
    That's great! Thanks for the info. Penultimate was one of the companies I had contacted about getting a PlayBook app about a year ago. At the time, they had no plans...
    05-22-12 07:47 PM
    I'd like to see the interface for the new droid version come to the playbook.
    kennyliu likes this.
    05-22-12 09:31 PM
    I look forward to this. Though, not to sound ungrateful, it shouldn't have taken this long. It doesn't give me a lot of faith in their commitment to the brand. How long will we wait for a BB10 update after launch?
    Last edited by crazylegshinch; 05-23-12 at 02:38 AM.
    05-23-12 02:36 AM
    Any news that there is support is good news. Looking forward to the fix. As it stands, it is crippled - will soon be using OneNote if nothing happens.
    05-23-12 03:18 PM
    Fixing this bug took them way too long.
    I deleted EN and am currently evaluating apps, to decide which one I will use going forward.
    They have lost me.
    05-23-12 03:48 PM
    I'd like to see the interface for the new droid version come to the playbook.
    The Android native version is indeed million miles ahead of the Playbook version. Hope we'll catch up.

Please, bring the new interface with swipe gestures, offline functionality + sync, and predictive text. Just like on Android.
    05-23-12 04:06 PM
    The Blog says nothing
    The main problem with the first release ...
    You must have a local WIFI connection between the PC<>PB.
    DUH!
    You can not use it locally if not connected to WIFI.
    DUH!
    05-23-12 04:48 PM
    With the sideloaded android app you can if you have a pro account. You can store data offline to your device.

The Blog says nothing
    The main problem with the first release ...
    You must have a local WIFI connection between the PCPB.
    DUH!
    You can not use it locally if not connected to WIFI.
    DUH!
    05-24-12 08:06 PM
    Still no news about this so called update.
    Has anybody heard anything.
    Last edited by twdawson; 05-31-12 at 09:47 AM.
    05-31-12 09:45 AM
    Beta came out today upon request (I have it), unfortunately it is a bug fix only. Fortunately it aims to fix the text prediction issue.
    Pretty bummed that there is no development being done for PlayBook like the app on android. Do we have a sideload available for the latest evernote on android yet?
    06-05-12 04:22 PM
    Where do i get this beta from.
    06-05-12 04:24 PM
    Waiting for it too!
    06-06-12 04:51 AM
    Beta came out today upon request (I have it), unfortunately it is a bug fix only. Fortunately it aims to fix the text prediction issue.
    Pretty bummed that there is no development being done for PlayBook like the app on android. Do we have a sideload available for the latest evernote on android yet?
    So does it indeed fix the issue?
    I agree, the Android version is much cleaner but couple that with the Android Runtime and I would be happy to have my native Evernote working. Don't get me wrong, I use the Android version but for a quick review etc., native is the way to go - IMO
    06-06-12 08:08 AM
    From what i am reading this update just fixes the keyboard bug and does not add any new features at all.
    06-06-12 08:23 AM
    From what i am reading this update just fixes the keyboard bug and does not add any new features at all.
    Same here. Looks like Evernote is going bare-minimum just to get the app working (which they should and which this problem should never have taken so long to begin with).

Still, I would like to have seen them at least bring the native PB version up to par with the iOS or Android version. Looks like I will continue to use the 4.02 sideload of the Android version even with this update coming.
    06-06-12 01:38 PM
    Well, what most likely's going to happen is that they'll be working to bring a BB10 version rather than spending time tweaking the PlayBook version. Wonder if they'll change over to Cascades...
    06-06-12 01:52 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD