Any update on this issue? Has anyone been able to get around this problem? I am having problems with Radiant Defense and Robotek
    10-07-12 11:06 PM
    Any update on this issue? Has anyone been able to get around this problem? I am having problems with Radiant Defense and Robotek
    I tweeted Mike Clewley (RIM's Playbook guy) and he said he would look into it further but haven't heard back. On a side note I did a security wipe and tried an inapp purpchase and still the error persist. Either my playbook doesn't get along with the apps or something that is associated with my BBid is not allowing it.

Sent from my Atari 2600
    10-08-12 08:39 AM
    I posted earlier I'm having the same issue with Stick Tennis. Haven't tried any other apps yet.
    10-08-12 11:02 AM
    I have three Playbooks. The 32gb and 64gb were wiped using security wipe, and still get this error (that was a month ago). The 16gb was wiped and allows me to only purchase a few In-App items. So....
    10-08-12 11:26 AM
    No luck for me yet either.
    10-08-12 01:54 PM
    We have had attention from RIM, they just never care to fix issues affecting less than 10 percent of users. And they love to never give updates on issues.

PayPal to Credit Card - No change
    OS2.0 2.0.1 2.1 - No change
    16gb, 32gb, 64gb - No change

Its a problem with our profiles. The only fix is to delete the app, ask appworld to refund you and delete the game from your profile (good luck wkth that - they usually botch this and it results in you being unable to repurchase or even install the game...) and then repurchase it. Even then, its based on a rumour in the support forums. No one from RIM will even acknowledge the issue.

Cheers,

Ed.
    10-12-12 10:48 PM
    I am unable to update any app now.. even free ones. same error message.
    10-13-12 04:05 PM
    We have had attention from RIM, they just never care to fix issues affecting less than 10 percent of users. And they love to never give updates on issues.

PayPal to Credit Card - No change
    OS2.0 2.0.1 2.1 - No change
    16gb, 32gb, 64gb - No change

Its a problem with our profiles. The only fix is to delete the app, ask appworld to refund you and delete the game from your profile (good luck wkth that - they usually botch this and it results in you being unable to repurchase or even install the game...) and then repurchase it. Even then, its based on a rumour in the support forums. No one from RIM will even acknowledge the issue.

Cheers,

Ed.
    Great way to make people happy and get people to come back.
    10-13-12 04:22 PM
    Our Game Eggventure is also using In-App purchase system, and people are complaining that they can't use In-App purchase.. It was working fine, and we didn't make any update for Eggventure. But now it's not working anymore..
    I can't imagine that In-App purchase is not working in AppStore for just 2 hours. It would be a very big problem for them, but RIM doesn't care..
    10-19-12 12:45 AM
    Hi all,
    I have had the same issue with Run In Crowd and Radiant Defense.

I tried a workaround that did work with Run In Crowd: made unrelated purchase in AW, left AW open, opened RIC and successfully purchased as no authentication was needed.

Might have just been a fluke, as I've never had it work for Radiant Defense still.

There are people at RIM actively investigating on the development side.
    Here's our thread on BB Support Forums:

in-app purchase error code 30242 - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    10-19-12 01:44 PM
    I have one question to all here with this problem. Are you all having BB phone and Playbook both with same BlackBerry ID account? Or is there anybody with just PB or PB on different BlackBerry ID account than BB phone also having this issue?
    10-19-12 09:20 PM
    My BBID was first used on BBOS4.0. Somewhere around 5.0 they "upgraded" the BBIDs.

I use the same BBID on my phones and tablets (so I don't have to buy things twice).

I emailed appworldbilling (because the old tech support email is closed and RIM won't help me) so ill see if they do anything to delete the profile entry

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    10-20-12 08:36 AM
    Our Game Eggventure is also using In-App purchase system, and people are complaining that they can't use In-App purchase.. It was working fine, and we didn't make any update for Eggventure. But now it's not working anymore..
    I can't imagine that In-App purchase is not working in AppStore for just 2 hours. It would be a very big problem for them, but RIM doesn't care..
    It will be great if you can raise this to RIM Developer Support and even better if we can all tweet to Alec Saunders.
    I am going to do the honor to kickstart this.

Also @Crackberry Kevin and other staff here, it will be great if you guys can help raise this even louder to RIM as this is impacted a lot of users as I have noticed in multiple posts regarding this and also on Blackberry Forums.
    10-20-12 04:32 PM
    Treehouse is having the same issue, tried to renew the subscription and have the same error. I e-mailed the dev and they said it would be looked into. Maybe pressure from the devs will help our cause.
    10-22-12 05:15 AM
    As a dev, I can assure you, we get no special treatment. I asked appworld to remove the item from my profile, they never did. And the person I was emailing at RIM about it now just bounces back and tells me I need to "call in for an RMA". Considering it does this for me on 4 of 4 PBs, I'm not wasting the effort. We do have an issue logging tool but devs who receive reports have to use it.

To be honest, I've given up on them fixing this. I figure its an issue with their backend and I suspect they have no support model to fix anything (like this) now that they are stopping direct support again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    10-22-12 08:27 PM
    I still can update Xploding Boxes, even though I bought the game.
    10-23-12 06:34 PM
    Well, this sucks. Radiant Defence is an awesome game and not being able to purchase the upgrades is kinda lame.... Also, my bbid is the same for my phone and playbook: Torch 9800 and Playbook 64Gb.
    10-29-12 04:26 PM
    Bump! has any of you guys been able to solve this issue? I want a costume from run in crowd so bad.. Havent found an answer anywhere.
    12-06-12 07:37 PM
    It looks to me like a corrupt playbook configuration. I wiped an reinstalled everything and was able to download one. But after a restore ofnthe playbook to get back the data it wouldn't work anymore. My next step is to wipe. Reinstall everything and nit do a restore of old data. I'm hoping that will also fix my Android wifi problem
    12-06-12 08:11 PM
    So.. Is that th only way? I have 20+ GB worth of apps. That would take a while.
    Good to know RIM is working on it *sarcasm*
    12-07-12 06:46 PM
    It's fixed! The new PLaybook update fixed it!
    Dr.Deebs and spike12 like this.
    12-19-12 10:50 AM
    It's fixed! The new PLaybook update fixed it!
    You're right. Thank goodness! I've wiped mine 3 times trying to buy stuff. Guess this proves it was on RIM versus how the dev's added their content to App World
    12-19-12 12:17 PM
    You're right. Thank goodness! I've wiped mine 3 times trying to buy stuff. Guess this proves it was on RIM versus how the dev's added their content to App World
    Good for RIM for fixing this. Bad for RIM for not telling us all that it was a known problem and would be fixed in an upcoming upgrade. Their information or lack off, is really bad. They dont even say what the update fixes and waste time with nonsense about igloos and hockey sticks.
    12-19-12 02:55 PM
    Good for RIM for fixing this. Bad for RIM for not telling us all that it was a known problem and would be fixed in an upcoming upgrade. Their information or lack off, is really bad. They dont even say what the update fixes and waste time with nonsense about igloos and hockey sticks.
    Yep.

Software update v2.1.0.1314 Dec. 19, 2012
    Includes the following updates for the Wi-Fi only PlayBook:

- Resolved an issue where some users were unable to make in-app payments
    - Updated the Text Messages app so that the latest SMS received appears at the top of the conversation list
    - Fixed an issue where some users were unable to play MPEG-4 video
    12-19-12 03:06 PM
    Actually Blaize made a post here that RIM is actually working on his issue and fix should be available in next upgrade. I'm happy it's finally fixed now.
    12-19-12 07:48 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD