Yes. have the same issue. I have sent some epubs with the same problem to the maker so he can reproduce the error.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-11 09:20 AM
    as the developer was quick to respond to my email, i have high hopes that the app will be quickly upgraded to solve some of these issues. i think for now, tho, im just going to use the pdf reader.
    06-19-11 09:47 AM
    Awesome to hear! I just picked it up!
    06-19-11 10:55 AM
    Awesome to hear! I just picked it up!
    please post your experiences, successful settings, etc here.
    06-19-11 11:04 AM
    Primitive but functional. my epub display a TOC which I use to read. At the end of the chapter, I have to go back to tap the next chapter. Scrolling is smooth and themes are nice to have.

I have not had any issue with an epub not working right for me. So far so good.

Improvement requests- it would be nice to be able to go thru a whole book without having to go back to the TOC every chapter. Bookmarks will be great.

Page transitions will be nice but not neccesary.
    Also an option to import All will be great.

Also I have gone back to the main page and no books were to be seen. I opened and closed it and they were back.

I am willing to accept this as long as improvements are made.
    06-19-11 10:49 PM
    Just wondering if anyone has converted a Barnes and Noble epub book to work with this reader? If so could you please share what you've done?
    06-20-11 12:08 AM
    So far it is working great with the books I have converted with calibre.

The only thing I do not like about it is that after you finish a chapter you have to go back to the toc and select the next chapter.
    06-20-11 08:40 AM
    I have been trying work-arounds for days with no success. I can not get my playbook to recognize any of the dozens of epubs I have installed on my tablet via side loading or downloading.

Not good. Makes no sense that it works for some people and not for others who are using the same files, hardware etc.
    06-20-11 12:58 PM
    I have been trying work-arounds for days with no success. I can not get my playbook to recognize any of the dozens of epubs I have installed on my tablet via side loading or downloading.

Not good. Makes no sense that it works for some people and not for others who are using the same files, hardware etc.
    are you putting your ebooks into into either the books or the downloads folder? Because that's where it looks. Are you then tapping the 'import' button because it does not scan for books until you tell it to. it has found every ebpub i have copied onto my PB, it just won't open some at all, and others it won't read correctly. I've given up on it until there is an upgrade. Meanwhile I've converted my books to PDF using the guidelines posted in the forum to make portrait oriented pdf files. i use a free note app to record what page i'm on since the pdf reader does not do bookmarks. Hope you can get it working!
    06-20-11 01:17 PM

I had the same problem as you and the developer suggested changing the extension to lowercase (mine was in uppercase), and it work fine now.
    06-20-11 02:57 PM
    I had the same problem as you and the developer suggested changing the extension to lowercase (mine was in uppercase), and it work fine now.
    I'll give it a try. Thanks....Nope didn't work. Mine are already lowercase. I'll just wait for a update I guess.
    Last edited by LittleTart; 06-20-11 at 05:05 PM.
    06-20-11 04:32 PM
    I just experimented with this and the app does not see 'book.EPUB' but it sees 'book.epub' just fine. Change the case of the file extension.
    06-20-11 04:39 PM
    Does anyone else have the issue where certain chapters don't come up at all or just show the title of the book?
    This app is not working for any of my epubs. They import fine but when they open you only see the title of the book or just a blank page.

It is a shame that it does not work and especially since one had to pay for it.
    06-20-11 05:23 PM
    why dont you send one of the not working epubs to the developer?
    06-20-11 05:50 PM
    I had converted some kindle books to epub, I had noticed some of the samples I tried there were some issues. Same as some one else noted title with blank page.
    But since some others are working fine I will be reading those first and hope for an update to solve that for later.
    06-20-11 07:34 PM
    Ive gone back to using the PDF reader until there is an upgrade.
    06-20-11 07:38 PM
    Anyone have a link to a free epub book because the ones I seem to have are not working I've tried changing the extensions and still a no go. I've been putting the epubs in the download and books section and I still have no luck.

I hope i didnt waste the money for nothing...
    06-20-11 11:45 PM
    06-21-11 01:54 PM
    I just received the follwoing email from the developer:

Hi,

Just want to tell you that I really appreciate the time you took for the sending me the feedback.

There is an update coming soon (hopefully RIM will approve it this week) that will address the TOC and Calibre issues. I have added few buttons (previous, next and quick jump) for easier navigation, and the TOC will be optional like you suggested.

In the near future, I will add the option to specify font face and size as promised earlier.

Take care now!
    06-22-11 01:53 PM
    its been updated.
    Has book marks and "jump to" now.
    looks promising
    dudermont likes this.
    06-23-11 11:38 AM
    Superb! nice improvements, love it! single tap for next page for next update please

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 02:23 PM
    Just updated today and i am impressed, most of the gripes have been taken care of. almost all of my ebooks now open, which is great news, once you open the book, a downward swipe brings up the option to add a book mark(super) plus a next button to go to the next chapter, and a jump to button to go to any specific section on the book. But even now we still have to add books into the library one by one. i hope that gets taken care of in the next update. there still is no flipping of page which is manageable but would have been nice cause it makes me feel like i am reading a book. All in all a very promising update.
    06-23-11 02:54 PM
    +1 purchase, after reading about the new changes. Nice!
    06-23-11 04:10 PM
    +2, nice upgrade.

question, has any one used the online converter that someone post on page 1? I was wondering which reader should you pick to convert, well since the Playbook is not listed in their list of tablets.
    06-23-11 04:55 PM
    I had tried it one time and used default setting, for the rest of my ebooks used calibre.
    06-23-11 06:02 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD