Really sucks that this is not available in Canada...
    08-03-11 12:10 AM
    Really sucks that this is not available in Canada...
    Not really working in the US anyways.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-11 04:26 PM
    cant get it to work here; using Verizon Fios for wifi.. not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    I have Verizon FIOS and it would not load for me either, so I tethered to Verizon Blackberry and it loaded fine. Must be AT&T at it again.

I had that turned around didn't I? I have AT&T on the Blackberry (worked) and Verizon Fios wifi (Didn't work). So Verizon had the errors downloading. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by drbeach; 08-03-11 at 05:09 PM. Reason: incorrect
    08-03-11 04:59 PM
    the app is now connects through Verizon Fios connection.

Epix app is officially the best app now.
    08-03-11 05:36 PM
    Hi all,

My name is Josh and I'm the product manager at EPIX.

I have been reading through all the comments here and can assure you that I and the rest of the team at EPIX have been working hard to address the issues noted in this forum (as well as through our customer support email). As some of you have noted, the Verizon FiOS connection issue has been resolved, and there's already an update working its way through RIM's approval process that will address an issue that sometimes caused device-wide connectivity issues when browsing our programming catalog.

I appreciate the feedback and have been personally trying to reproduce the issues noted in this forum.

Please keep the comments coming!

Best,
    Josh
    rickkel likes this.
    08-03-11 08:53 PM
    just tried it and it works..
    08-03-11 08:55 PM
    Hi all,

I have been reading through all the comments here and can assure you that I and the rest of the team at EPIX have been working hard to address the issues noted in this forum (as well as through our customer support email). As some of you have noted, the Verizon FiOS connection issue has been resolved, and there's already an update working its way through RIM's approval process that will address an issue that sometimes caused device-wide connectivity issues when browsing our programming catalog.

I appreciate the feedback and have been personally trying to reproduce the issues noted in this forum.

Best,
    Josh
    Can those of us having problems get our trials extended? Also are there any plans to accept internet only or playbook only (device only) subscriptions for those of us who have providers who do not offer the cable channel, i.e. comcast? I'm willing to pay 4.95 a month for this!
    allenmja and csTX like this.
    08-03-11 09:23 PM
    Can those of us having problems get our trials extended? Also are there any plans to accept internet only or playbook only (device only) subscriptions for those of us who have providers who do not offer the cable channel, i.e. comcast? I'm willing to pay 4.95 a month for this!
    Yes,

I do not have the ability to subscribe to this channel with my current provider. However, I am more than willing to pay a Netflix-like subscription amount (or less hopefully) to be able to get this on my Playbook.

THANK YOU to the folks at Epix for making this possible. It is great to see that the Playbook is being included in this deal and I think it is a positive for all Playbook owners.
    08-04-11 02:58 AM
    I think if they did this they would need to make it comparable to what the cable companies charge. They would not want me to canceling my cable subscription and just use my playbook. But I believe Verizon is an extra $8 per month with is comparable to netflix.

Joshepix: thank you for coming we always enjoy when developers are here and can take our suggestions and feedback. Hopefully the app will grow and be able to offer a wide selection of Epix's movie library. Again thanks this a type of app alot of use have been waiting for.
    08-04-11 04:31 AM
    The quality of the picture is STUNNING, I would pay netflix like pricing!
    Foreverup likes this.
    08-04-11 07:38 AM
    The quality of the picture is STUNNING, I would pay netflix like pricing!
    Seriously, next time someone asks me to show off my playbook and I'm connected to wifi the Epix app is the first thing I'm opening.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-04-11 08:22 AM
    Hi all,

Just a quick update to let you know an update is available (1.1.0) that fixes an issue that sometimes causes connectivity issues while browsing our programming catalog.

As some of you have already noted we fixed the issue with Verizon FiOS connectivity.

We also have a group of folks hard at work to alleviate the occasional "Content not found" error message.

Please go ahead and grab the update, and as always, please keep the feedback coming!

Thanks
    Josh
    08-04-11 09:39 PM
    Hi Pkcable,

Unfortunately both the things you're asking about are outside of my purview.

Thanks
    Josh
    08-04-11 09:43 PM
    Josh

with the new update it looks like they took away the resume play option. Will this be added again in a new update?

also, any plans on adding a search function to the app?
    Last edited by Foreverup; 08-04-11 at 10:18 PM.
    pkcable and trsbbs like this.
    08-04-11 10:09 PM
    Hi Pkcable,

Unfortunately both the things you're asking about are outside of my purview.

Thanks
    Josh
    Josh,

Is there an email we can use for features requests, or product enhancements where those of us interested, might address these concerns? Also do you guys have any beta or alpha testing programs? CB members are an AWESOME source of testers!
    Foreverup likes this.
    08-05-11 08:19 AM
    Just tried the demo (I am not on any of the listed cable companies, just using WiFi to stream) and it is really impressive. Star Trek didn't start the first time but I selected it again and all was well and it was steady throughout.

Fantastic video quality -- I would pay for this.
    08-11-11 09:50 AM
    Is there a way to update your reviews ? I gave it a 1 star the first time around after it failed the first few times. But now it works flawlessly and one of the few free apps in the playbook that really works very well and deserves at least 4/5 or 5/5 stars.
    08-12-11 09:15 AM
    Was going to buy this but its buffering like a big dog. Trying to watch Hot Tub Time Machine.

No local issues as tracerts and speeds tests come back fine.

Tim
    08-12-11 06:38 PM
    Hi all,

Best,
    Josh
    Josh, I just wanted to thank you and EPIX for bringing us this app for the PlayBook. I believe that you were the first to do so of all of the movie networks. I expected HBO to beat you to the punch, but you guys pulled through - I am impressed. I truly enjoy EPIXHD on my PlayBook (as well as on my Cox Cable equipped TV). It worked flawlessly even before your version upgrade.
    08-30-11 03:04 PM
    Anyone else getting a popup for a 6 digit access code? The app loads fine, but when I try to watch a movie, it prompts for a code. I signed up online and can watch movies on their site, but can't access them on the app w/o a code. I requested and received an "invite code" and that is definitely not the code it wants.

A little help? Thanks.
    09-04-11 08:43 PM
    i too get that 6 digit code request. I'm just going directly to epixhd.com and you can stream there. the video quality is f'n sweet and I have time warner so this is a go for me if the pricing reasonable. say buh bye to Netflix baby!!!!
    09-04-11 09:23 PM
    I believe the app tells you to go to epixhd.com/watchnow. You get your code there and authorize the PlayBook.
    09-04-11 11:49 PM
    Yes, it does. That is not the code for the app. That is an 18 character code you enter on the website. The PlayBook app is prompting for a 6 digit code. Maybe that Epix guy that was watching this thread can provide an answer. Their website doesn't even mention the PlayBook or mobile viewing at all.
    09-05-11 07:08 AM
    Yes, it does. That is not the code for the app. That is an 18 character code you enter on the website. The PlayBook app is prompting for a 6 digit code. Maybe that Epix guy that was watching this thread can provide an answer. Their website doesn't even mention the PlayBook or mobile viewing at all.
    go to epixhd.com/watchnow SUBSCRIBE for the free trial by entering email , password, etc... Then after subscribing they will ask you on what device you wanna stream on then you choose playbook and bam the 6 digit code will appear... Andcim sure you know what to do after that...

09-05-11 04:39 PM
    yeh it's a us thing only and thats sad...Im in Canada and im still using the free trial... lucky me i got 2 wireless routers in my place... one with us vpn and one without... each time i need to use a us app i connect to the one with us vpn and never have a problem... just my 2cent guys!!

09-05-11 04:44 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD