Just downloaded it but I am getting an error that it cannot access the movie catalog. I emailed the error, I hope they can fix it soon.
    08-01-11 05:07 PM
    Haven't tried it as yet. I'm hoping that when I do it's worth it! I've never heard of "Epix" but I will certainly subscribe/sign-up if this app works well. We desperately need something like this... I'll support anyone who actually supports the PlayBook! (Ex: I hate Kobo, but I haven't purchased a book from Amazon's kindle store since I purchased my PlayBook at release.)
    08-01-11 06:03 PM
    Downloaded/installed, signed up for free trial, started watching Star Trek - video is great... sound is ok... downside is, when my free trial runs out, it looks like I'm SOL because it seems you have to be a cable subscriber with a few specific carriers in order to get EPIX and the only way to stream is to subscribe to the channel...
    08-01-11 07:19 PM
    Downloaded/installed, signed up for free trial, started watching Star Trek - video is great... sound is ok... downside is, when my free trial runs out, it looks like I'm SOL because it seems you have to be a cable subscriber with a few specific carriers in order to get EPIX and the only way to stream is to subscribe to the channel...
    And crap. Me too. I have a tiny cable provider that doesn't offer it either.
    I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing it out!
    08-01-11 07:32 PM
    Just downloaded it but I am getting an error that it cannot access the movie catalog. I emailed the error, I hope they can fix it soon.
    I'm not seeing it in App World

Anyone in Canada see it???
    M.Rizk likes this.
    08-01-11 08:13 PM
    So far this app is great..was able to sign up using Epix HD - Request an Invite Code . After you sign up you receive a registration code immediately. I'm watching the movie Killers and it streams fine...why couldn't netflix create an app just like this?
    ericlc2 likes this.
    08-01-11 08:16 PM

Free EPIX - Download EPIX - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Maybe its just for the USA b/c of their goofy subscription requirements.
    08-01-11 08:17 PM

I believe it is only available to the USA. I subscribe to it on my cable they actually have a really good movie selection. I really hope they fix they app soon.
    Last edited by Foreverup; 08-01-11 at 08:25 PM.
    08-01-11 08:20 PM
    this is taken from Epix web site, The one thing i'm taking from it is that there is an alternet ecosystem emerging with the recent new phone and movie apps coming out, if thats what it takes to get what we need on the PB, bring it on
    the movie companies involved are no joke!!

Offer limited to US residents who are eighteen years of age or older only. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Only one trial account per person. Previous users with a trial account are not eligible. Trial accounts have access to full-length movies and programs for 14 days. Except as otherwise provided, trial accounts under this trial account offer shall expire on December 31, 2011. Trial accounts are limited and given away on a first come first-served basis. EPIX reserves the right to terminate the trial account offer or terminate trial account access to EpixHD.com for any reason, including any violation of the EPIX Terms of Use. EPIX is collecting email addresses from account registrations for future communications regarding regarding EPIX and its partners. By creating an EPIX trial account, you agree that we may email you. For more information on how EPIX treats your personal information, see our Privacy Policy.

EPIX Ad: Crank 2 High Voltage Copyright TM & � 2009 Lakeshore Entertainment Group LLC and Lions Gate Films Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button Copyright � 2009 By Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. Defiance � 2008 by Paramount Vantage, a Division of Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. Fame Copyright � 2009 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Studios Inc. and Lakeshore Entertainment Group LLC. All Rights Reserved. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra Copyright � 2009 Paramount Pictures Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Gamer � 2009 Lakeshore Entertainment Group LLC and Lionsgate Films Inc. All Rights Reserved. Imagine That Copyright � 2009 Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. The Love Guru Copyright � 2009 By Paramount Pictures. All Rights Reserved. Madea Goes to Jail Copyright� 2009 Very Perry Films. All Rights Reserved. New In Town Copyright � 2008 Gold Circle Films LLC. All Rights Reserved. Paranormal Activity � 2009 Paramount Pictures Corporation and Oren Peli d.b.a. Solana Films. All Rights Reserved. Pink Panther 2 � 2009 Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Pictures Inc. and Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Precious � 2009 Push Pictures, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Star Trek Copyright � 2009 Paramount Pictures, Star Trek and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved. Tyler Perry’s I Can Do Bad All By Myself � 2009 Very Perry Films. All Rights Reserved.
    08-01-11 09:32 PM
    Epix is owned by Viacom, MGM and Lionsgate.
    08-01-11 10:11 PM

Free EPIX - Download EPIX - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Maybe its just for the USA b/c of their goofy subscription requirements.
    Yup not available in Canada
    08-01-11 10:35 PM
    If you have Dish, you can go to DishOnline.com and you also have access to epix. I didn't even realize epix was on Dish until I tried this about a month ago and epix worked the best on Playbook...
    08-01-11 10:39 PM
    We have Cox Cable in San Diego and i get Epix HD for free. The app works great for me. Full widescreen HD goodness. I cannot believe they beat HBO and Netflix to the punch. I am going to send a thank you email to EPIX. The damn i-f-ing-Pad can stick it.
    08-02-11 01:47 AM
    App not working for me, starts up and fails to download the catalog and library, but the site works, so that works for me
    08-02-11 07:06 AM
    this app crashes my pb every time i open it
    chew123 likes this.
    08-02-11 07:24 AM
    Sweet finally got it to work, for some reason it was not working with my verzion fios wireless.

The app is great full hd and you can resume play even after shutting down the app and reopening it.

Congrats epix I was thinking of canceling my subscription but you are keeping me as a customer for awhile now.
    08-02-11 07:24 AM
    The App works beautifully for me, the movies are in HD quality and are typical movie channel selection, current and some good movies of the past, probably on a rotating basis, as you expect from an HBO, or Showtime. UNFORTUNATELY, my cable company while one of the biggies, Comcast, is NOT among their list of cable providers. Probably Comcast did not want to pay their per subscriber fees. Time to call Comcast!
    08-02-11 08:27 AM
    The App works beautifully for me, the movies are in HD quality and are typical movie channel selection, current and some good movies of the past, probably on a rotating basis, as you expect from an HBO, or Showtime. UNFORTUNATELY, my cable company while one of the biggies, Comcast, is NOT among their list of cable providers. Probably Comcast did not want to pay their per subscriber fees. Time to call Comcast!
    Good Luck PK! Since comcast is the same company that picked a fight with the NFL, you are going to need it.

They might offer it as an additional package, same as HBO. Verizon does that to me, but for an extra $8 a month and now playbook support I will keeping it for now.
    08-02-11 09:03 AM
    cant get it to work here; using Verizon Fios for wifi.. not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    08-02-11 09:34 AM
    cant get it to work here; using Verizon Fios for wifi.. not sure if that has anything to do with it.
    I had the same problem once I went to work that doesn't use Verizon it work just fine. Seems really odd to me because verizon is epix major subscriber but if I'm using the app that means I'm away from my house so I don't really care.
    08-02-11 09:45 AM

I'm in Ottawa and can't see it....oh well...
    08-02-11 09:54 AM
    What's ironic here is that it seems for those of us that DON'T have Epix on our Cable triple play it works GREAT, but for those that do, it doesn't work!!!!
    08-02-11 11:22 AM
    Using it now and working well.

Is it free for DishNetWork folks?

Tim
    08-02-11 02:34 PM
    is there any other way to dl the app than appworld ?
    08-02-11 11:03 PM
    anyone with Verizon fios wifi get this to work?
    08-03-11 12:01 AM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD