Usually I see the app pricing is in $, , Euros etc.
    For the US atleast it would make a whole lot of sense add something that also shows them be in terms of Coffee (starbucks preferably)

Everytime an App developer releases on overpriced app I keep on hearing OVer and over and over and over ...again about how its one cup of coffee of two cup of coffee...etc.

I haven't seen a single case starting from angry bird to the latest app release weatherbug or some five dollar app thats a buck or free, when coffee is not mentioned.

Doesn't is make sense RIM just puts a 1,2 coffee cup symbol or something so that the crackberry fanbois doesn't have to go around justify the insanely unfair pricing of the app on the playbook etc.
    Stewartj1 likes this.
    03-22-12 12:18 PM
    Usually I see the app pricing is in $, , Euros etc.
    For the US atleast it would make a whole lot of sense add something that also shows them be in terms of Coffee (starbucks preferably)

Everytime an App developer releases on overpriced app I keep on hearing OVer and over and over and over ...again about how its one cup of coffee of two cup of coffee...etc.

I haven't seen a single case starting from angry bird to the latest app release weatherbug or some five dollar app thats a buck or free, when coffee is not mentioned.

Doesn't is make sense RIM just puts a 1,2 coffee cup symbol or something so that the crackberry fanbois doesn't have to go around justify the insanely unfair pricing of the app on the playbook etc.
    I would rather BB work on their products/enhancements than spending time/energy coming up with "coffee icons"..........

when i look at a price, I don't think "Cup of coffee", I think, well, I want it, (the App), so I'll buy it.

IF I feel it's is overpriced, then I take a pass. I would think if a Developer overprices their app, and recognize that sales aren't what they thought it would be, then they might/should/would reduce to a price point that reflects the App, (and comparable Apps.)

Let the free market decide........

My 2 nickels. (or 5 % of a cup of coffee......................)

C
    03-22-12 03:10 PM
    That sure reads as a very serious reply to such a tongue in cheek post

03-22-12 06:26 PM
    Funny how people always use the cup of coffee argument. I don't drink coffee.
    Cracklen likes this.
    03-22-12 07:14 PM
    LOL, that's funny. Thanks!
    03-22-12 07:45 PM
    Let the free market decide........
    yea really..

R u telling me that because
    RIMM is down - 75% & Apple is up 250%+ in the last year because if you that is a true reflection of how one company makes crappy products and overprices its products/services for the small group of delusional people it is bound to suck ( in the free marker world )????

Sad.
    03-23-12 01:57 PM
    yea really..

R u telling me that because
    RIMM is down - 75% & Apple is up 250%+ in the last year because if you that is a true reflection of how one company makes crappy products and overprices its products/services for the small group of delusional people it is bound to suck ( in the free marker world )????

Sad.
    He's kinda right... Its all about marketing If apple can manage to sell a core 2 duo macbook for 3 times the cost of an i7 laptop, then RIM should be able to find some way to do the same with terribly priced apps.
    03-23-12 02:30 PM
    I think the cup of coffee pricing sounds good. At least then people in the UK and Europe would be paying the same price for overpriced apps that are the same price in $s as they are in s and Euros even those there are huge currency exchange differences.

But maybe the difference between Apple and RIM, and the reason for the different fortunes in the companies, is that Apple seem to be able to make people happy, whereas RIM, for some odd reason, seems to do exactly the opposite. Hopefully now they're under new management we'll see a rapid turn around, although I'm not holding my breath.
    03-23-12 02:35 PM
    I don't think it would make much difference. I noticed when in London a few years back that things like an Expresso or Latte is about the same price there, but in pounds. Just like in AppWorld, a $5 coffee costs five pounds.
    03-23-12 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD