Well they say 60 is the new 40, so before you know it we'll be 20 again.
    I wish I could remember 60!
    08-18-11 11:51 PM
    I wish I could remember 60!
    That's why we take pictures.
    08-18-11 11:53 PM
    i'll be doing a blog post re: this soon... have some thoughts on what's happening/where things are going on this front.
    Do you think that the potential of RIM including some version of MS Office on the PB as discussed in other threads after RIM sent out surveys on MS Office on the PB about a month or so ago is having an impact on the lack of email release? I think so. I think (albeit a longshot) that native email could end up being a version of Outlook tied to an MS Office release on the PB.
    08-19-11 01:27 AM
    Do you think that the potential of RIM including some version of MS Office on the PB as discussed in other threads after RIM sent out surveys on MS Office on the PB about a month or so ago is having an impact on the lack of email release? I think so. I think (albeit a longshot) that native email could end up being a version of Outlook tied to an MS Office release on the PB.
    Wow. The chances of that happening have got to be trivially close to zero. Office is a massive codebase. You never know what MS is cooking up though.. if they could manage to port it to flash, then they might have something.

I think PIM development is chugging along at RIM. However, I expect it will not look like the BB PIM we're used to, but that it will be something entirely new. There's probably a reason we haven't seen the BBOS Java Player rear it's head in any since that one demo 3-4 months ago.
    08-19-11 02:27 AM
    ok guys, just "wake me up when September ends"...
    08-19-11 03:02 AM
    Kevin - we look forward to reading your post - keep up the good work!! I'm liking the RIMPIRE strikes back front - good job on that!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I like that too! Nice.
    They thought about it in the Apple world also, but it did not come out the same. "The Apple Pie strikes back."
    08-19-11 09:32 PM
    Might be a little soon for that and I don't think it will be free..
    I am sure MS will ask a good $$$ amount for it.

They have to leave something out so they can continue to say "coming soon".

Guess someone picked up on my "signature" for the past week.

Tim
    08-19-11 09:40 PM
    Are you kidding me.?
    Office on the pb ?
    Microsoft would allow that ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 11:00 PM
    I am willing to pay usd 50-100 to have a full blown office on the playbook
    08-19-11 11:17 PM
    I'm waiting anxiourly for the app player myself, even though I'm not a gamer I'm interested to see what other apps might be available.

But I still don't get the native email thing. I wish someone would explain this to me. I have email on my playbook all the time when I'm connected with wifi or bridge.

I don't see how you can connect to your email without one or the other. If there is a document or picture that was emailed to me that I want to save I copy it word to go or download the picture. I just don't understand what native email does I guess.
    08-20-11 07:03 AM
    Native email presumably gives folks without a BB phone, well, email. This has been discussed in a number of other threads. In some cases Web access to mail is not adequate or does not work at all. I have found that even gmail's web access hangs when I try viewing/removing spam on the pb.
    08-20-11 10:57 AM
    Uh-oh, looks like we need updated Official PlayBook Theme Song . . .
    08-20-11 04:17 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD