Well summer is only a couple of weeks away and still no app player and it looks like we will never see email on the Playbook. I can't say that I am surprised though given RIMs track record with the PB. When the app player leaked I thought that the real thing may not be far away, but then I started using the leaked version and it was so slow and buggy it seemed like it was way off the mark. I have a suscpicion that the execs over at Waterloo are just biding time so they can make their shareholders happy with a big take over paycheck. Hope I am wrong!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-11 05:36 PM
    i'll be doing a blog post re: this soon... have some thoughts on what's happening/where things are going on this front.
    08-18-11 05:42 PM
    Yeah... This is going on too long. I would love to find out why the release is taking so much time. I look forward to your thoughts Kevin.
    08-18-11 05:46 PM
    i look forward to reading your post.
    08-18-11 05:47 PM
    Sweeeeet...

haimez likes this.
    08-18-11 05:48 PM
    no inside tips Kevin?
    Really appreciate your thoughts, but we need more of that..
    08-18-11 05:59 PM
    Kevin - we look forward to reading your post - keep up the good work!! I'm liking the RIMPIRE strikes back front - good job on that!

08-18-11 06:19 PM
    android player has leaked already, so it's clearly approaching readiness. or are you referring to some other app player?
    08-18-11 06:27 PM
    With no disrespect intended towards Kevin, the only people that truly matter regarding what is going on with updates/software updates/upgrades/future direction of RIM/future direction of the Playbook, are those that work for RIM directly.

Speculation, even if it is intelligent, well thought-out, contains glimpses of insider knowledge or whatever have you, is not official.

And what is truly needed now, but has been sorely lacking from RIM, is official communication from RIM to its existing/future cliental regarding the Playbook.
    08-18-11 06:29 PM
    alright RIM employees.. I know you're reading this board, but are bound by NDA to keep your mouth shut. so.. like... just PM Kevin instead... He won't tell :P
    08-18-11 06:39 PM
    With no disrespect intended towards Kevin, the only people that truly matter regarding what is going on with updates/software updates/upgrades/future direction of RIM/future direction of the Playbook, are those that work for RIM directly.

Speculation, even if it is intelligent, well thought-out, contains glimpses of insider knowledge or whatever have you, is not official.

And what is truly needed now, but has been sorely lacking from RIM, is official communication from RIM to its existing/future cliental regarding the Playbook.
    I agree. Where is all the stuff that was promised? I am so sick of the silence from RIM.
    08-18-11 06:46 PM
    As I mentioned in a different post at this point its highly unlikely we will see integrated email on the PlayBook. RIM is having a heck of a time trying to get BES to play nicely with QNX. This is just my personal opinion based on some of my experience.

The Android App Player is still being tested. I think we might see that maybe late next month early October.
    08-18-11 07:01 PM
    PlayBook Theme Song:
    FF22 likes this.
    08-18-11 07:07 PM
    i'll be doing a blog post re: this soon... have some thoughts on what's happening/where things are going on this front.
    No worries Kevin. Playbook updates have become #3 on the priority list for us Winnipeggers.

#1 - Blue Bombers
    #2 - Return of the NHL and our Jets
    #3 - PlayBook update

Where were those CB box seats located again?
    MikeLip likes this.
    08-18-11 07:16 PM
    Go Jets! Glad to see the NHL back where it belongs!
    frfghtr likes this.
    08-18-11 07:22 PM
    Look forward to some news or not news.
    08-18-11 07:24 PM
    Well summer is only a couple of weeks away and still no app player and it looks like we will never see email on the Playbook. I can't say that I am surprised though given RIMs track record with the PB. When the app player leaked I thought that the real thing may not be far away, but then I started using the leaked version and it was so slow and buggy it seemed like it was way off the mark. I have a suscpicion that the execs over at Waterloo are just biding time so they can make their shareholders happy with a big take over paycheck. Hope I am wrong!!

Omg not another thread like this - the only one that saved this one is Kevin's appearance....
    I have a feeling RIM just squelched updates completely because nothing would be good enough for the complainers...
    08-18-11 07:25 PM
    As I mentioned in a different post at this point its highly unlikely we will see integrated email on the PlayBook. RIM is having a heck of a time trying to get BES to play nicely with QNX. This is just my personal opinion based on some of my experience.
    Well, they're going to have to get it working soon if they intend to release QNX phones any time next year Which is what they've kind of bet the bank on.

Also, given that LTE Playbooks are already in testing, it can't be that far out. Once you have an LTE Playbook, you could reasonably expect to not need to carry your phone around with you for email, bbm, etc.
    08-18-11 07:32 PM
    Look forward to some news or not news.
    Sounds like you've got all possible outcomes covered with that
    08-18-11 07:51 PM
    PlayBook Theme Song:
    Ahhhhhhhhhh - my youth - thanks for the link!
    08-18-11 09:21 PM
    Ahhhhhhhhhh - my youth - thanks for the link!
    And I thought I was the only old guy here.
    08-18-11 09:24 PM
    Omg not another thread like this - the only one that saved this one is Kevin's appearance....
    I have a feeling RIM just squelched updates completely because nothing would be good enough for the complainers...
    But without this thread he might not have made an appearance so good things come to those who nag!

And your nagging about what YOU consider irritating threads is not going to stop them. You like the rest of us can probably tell the contents of a thread by its title and this one was fairly obvious. So you can chose to be annoyed by reading it/them or just skip to one of the glowing reviews - actually that should cut down your reading quite a bit.
    notfanboy likes this.
    08-18-11 09:25 PM
    And I thought I was the only old guy here.
    Hey, who's old - I'm just not young, that's all!
    08-18-11 09:27 PM
    the people that want to wait are going or not to arrive at the end. but if someone can not wait sell the pb and buy some android tablet...
    08-18-11 10:43 PM
    Hey, who's old - I'm just not young, that's all!
    Well they say 60 is the new 40, so before you know it we'll be 20 again.
    08-18-11 10:51 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD