In Progress:

mupen64plus (Nintendo64, jtokarchuk, A7omic): This one is particularily challenging. The link to the github is below. We have the project building, but are having difficulties getting it to a point where it will load a ROM. This is your chance to chip in, community, and make something awesome happen.

https://github.com/jtokarchuk/mupen64plus-pb
    you might want to check out this link: DaedalusX64 | Free System Administration software downloads at SourceForge.net for help on the n64 emulator. they built the one for the psp an have been optimizing it for the last 5 years.
    eternalemb likes this.
    03-03-12 03:54 PM
    I thought I read somewhere there was a Turbo Graphic 16 emulator for the PlayBook but I haven't been able to find it.

I would LOVE to have Final Lap on the PlayBook,

actually just the game final lap ported to the playbook using the PlayBook controls would be my dream, but that isn't gonna happen I know
    03-03-12 04:47 PM
    Just outta curiosity...any of you guys working on a CPS2 emulator?
    brad1986 likes this.
    03-03-12 11:33 PM
    Since we have support for android now and can side-load any android app. Wouldn't the awesome android emulators like psx4droid work just as good on the Playbook. Do we need to port them now that we have support?

Also. There is android apps for using dualshock 3 wirelessly. If those work on the Playbook I would explode with joy .....and something else probably.
    Last edited by brad1986; 03-04-12 at 10:08 AM.
    eternalemb and mayaprophet like this.
    03-04-12 10:01 AM
    Since we have support for android now and can side-load any android app. Wouldn't the awesome android emulators like psx4droid work just as good on the Playbook. Do we need to port them now that we have support?
    Adding to that, knowing that for example n64oide doesn't work on the playbook when converted, wouldn't it be easier to start with that and attempt to fix the issues rather then start from scratch???, Also I totally agree dualshock 3 support would be sickkkkkkkk, And great work with the emulator ports, you guys are great.
    03-04-12 11:57 AM
    Derussett, check the first page for the tg16 emulator, also known as hugo

The android emulators like psx4deoid, gameboid, n64oid, etc.
    They ALL need the android ndk to run, somethign the playbook does not currently support
    To work with those is only possible if the developers release their source code.
    As for ps3/wiimote/keyboard, the real issue is connecting, meaning others would have to root and install something else to improve the playbooks bluetooth compatibility, iirc its not something that can be added as a feature unless one has the right bluetooth stack installed
    Khaledious likes this.
    03-04-12 01:20 PM
    I agree with thatplaybookguy about Daedalus x64. There were some awesome emulator under the PSP. gpSP (a GBA emu) had a powerful, efficient and portable core. But most likely these emus are optimized for mips cpu and usage of the PSP media engine...

Unfortunately the above Android emu examples are close sourced... And I seriously doubt an emu running inside the Android App Player would even budge.

Console emu ports are generally very resource effective. PocketNes and Goomba Color are great examples of this (an emulator that properly runs on a GBA is something else).

But for the Playbook I assume the best sources to use are those from zottd ports for iOS (considering the similarities in the devices). He has ports of gb/gbc, gba, snes, n64, Genesis, PSX and Mame emus over at his GitHub page.
    Last edited by joaosousa; 03-04-12 at 03:18 PM.
    03-04-12 03:11 PM
    awesome im looking forward to playing n64 games on it even though everybody outside the blackberry ecoshytstem has been for over a year now
    03-04-12 03:51 PM

Also. There is android apps for using dualshock 3 wirelessly. If those work on the Playbook I would explode with joy .....and something else probably.
    , already my DS3 controller is always with me when I have my gaming laptop with me. If we could get a tool like DS3Tool for PC on our PB it'd be with me every day all day! Not to mention If we got a CPS2 and PS1 emulator...drool...

Who says PlayBooks aren't fun? I run my business through it, and I'd also be able to game on it...versatility!
    03-04-12 04:38 PM
    awesome im looking forward to playing n64 games on it even though everybody outside the blackberry ecoshytstem has been for over a year now
    I'm looking forward to N64 support just for my wife. She loves Mario 64 and a few other platform games for N64. And the PSP screen is a bit small. Major points for me if I got it on her PB!
    03-04-12 04:42 PM
    Is the Sony Tablet with such a better hardware? Becasue it plays Crash Bandiccot which is a next gen 3d game....

why can't we do that same on PB with an emulator for PS1?
    03-05-12 01:36 PM
    Thread stuck!
    zethaaron likes this.
    03-05-12 02:55 PM
    Anyone know if the Atari800 emulator actually works with OS2?
    03-05-12 04:14 PM
    I found this link while reading through the android app emulator. Looks like you are not the only person who has had problems with the install making the correct directories. I wish there was more I can do. https://github.com/emudeveloper/N64-...--Mupen64plus- I went through all of your code and only found a couple things in question, but they had nothing to do with the file/folder builds. I think if you can build off of this, you might be able to port it over and have it signed. Might not be that easy, but worth a try. Always good to learn from others if possible.
    Last edited by po8pimp; 03-05-12 at 08:05 PM.
    03-05-12 08:02 PM
    thanks for the sticky.

I will check out that post on n64.

Also: to the user that made the comment about Crash Bandicoot: I was referring to xbox/ps2 and up.
    bugmeyes likes this.
    03-05-12 08:22 PM
    Also, the source you posted doesn't have the ARM dynarec where the android port posted above does. There is source for Mupen64plus-arm available which might be better to base on. https://gitorious.org/mupen64plus-arm

The next issue, which I am also seeing on the PSX port is that it tries to map 0x80000000 as its RAM, but fails on the PlayBook (reserved memory in QNX I believe). Let me know if you want more info.
    03-06-12 11:53 AM
    Hey guys, I know a Ti-84 emu was requested, so I managed to find a Ti-83 (pretty similar, good enough? :P) for Android. It doesn't seem to be compatible but here are the test results:

1.Impact 2.Type 3.Reason
    1.5 2.uses-access-native 3.net.supware.ti8x.NativeLib

I'll be honest with you, I don't know how difficult it would be to bread something like this out to make it compatible but I just thought I'd post in case that would work out simpler than starting from scratch. I know you guys are busy with mupen64 plus but I just though I'd bring it up in case it would be something that's plausible down the line to get the calculator off the request list and onto the finished list. Hope that helps!

Apk File: net.supware.ti83-1.apk
    Last edited by zethaaron; 03-07-12 at 03:44 PM.
    madevilsniper likes this.
    03-07-12 03:32 PM
    i dont know where to put the roms for the GBA emulator can anyone tell me please?
    03-07-12 10:42 PM
    i dont know where to put the roms for the GBA emulator can anyone tell me please?
    \misc\roms\gba\
    03-08-12 06:54 AM
    Try to keep questions like that for the emulator's specific page. You can find it on the home page of this thread.
    03-08-12 12:15 PM
    any update on the PSX emulator?
    03-10-12 05:06 PM
    There is no work currently being done by the guys here. (On the psx emulator)
    There is work on an N64 emulator, specifically a port of the existing mupen64 plus
    If you wish to see a PSX emulator, I suggest you look towards finding a developer willing to do such
    03-10-12 06:52 PM
    +1 vote for the Ti-84 or any other graphing calculator for that matter!
    03-11-12 07:23 PM
    There is no work currently being done by the guys here. (On the psx emulator)
    There is work on an N64 emulator, specifically a port of the existing mupen64 plus
    If you wish to see a PSX emulator, I suggest you look towards finding a developer willing to do such
    Can't we just sideload the psx emulator for android?

(P.S. why do we call it psx all the time lol. PSX was a Japanese PS2/media center console that never saw the outside of japan. First machine to debut the xmb interface too. PS1 is PS1. PSX is PSX
    03-12-12 02:53 AM
    Can't we just sideload the psx emulator for android?

(P.S. why do we call it psx all the time lol. PSX was a Japanese PS2/media center console that never saw the outside of japan. First machine to debut the xmb interface too. PS1 is PS1. PSX is PSX
    Not every Android app is able to be ported, and emulators are all too complicated, as in they use features the PlayBook Android Player doesn't support.
    03-12-12 03:23 PM
487 12345 ...