Hi all, I have a weird problem with certain email address, it doesn't recognize email format name.surname@xxx.yyy-ccc.com, and these emails are perfectly valide, and works perfectly on my 9900, anyone of you have this problem?
    It's really annoying I just can't use my email app for my job on my playbook...
    04-10-12 10:00 AM
    I can't help as I don't know anyone with an email addy that has periods or hyphens in them. If you PM me with an addy like that I can try to send a test message.
    04-10-12 10:26 AM
    There have been a couple threads on emails with "-" in them not working. It is probably a parsing error in the email program which hopefully will be fixed in an update.

Last April when the PlayBook was new, certain URLs were not clickable in the bridged email and in an early update, this was fixed. I suspect it is a similar problem with how the programmer dealt with the string of characters and will be fixed.
    04-10-12 10:48 AM
    I also noticed this problem, as I couldn't send any emails to work email addresses. Have spoken to Blackberry Uk support who were also able to replicate the issue. His response when he typed my email address into his playbook was "Well that shouldn't happen"!! The person I spoke to has escalated it to a 'senior analyst'. As soon as I get a response, I'll let you know!

Zeb
    04-10-12 10:49 AM
    Ok thanks guys!
    04-11-12 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD