I was so happy when The Economist put a native app up on app world. It worked for several weeks but now it will not load new issues. When I try the suggested reset it says can't resolve host name.

When I reload it will load the new issue but that's it, the next week it will no longer load the new issue. Anyone else have this problem? Any ideas. I wrote to them but no reply. Reboot of playbook doesn't work just a delete and reload of the app. I can't do that everywhere. Almost bought the nexus 7 this morning because of it.

I really hope apps work on BB10. Also what ever happened to 2.1???
    08-24-12 07:13 AM
    I've had the same issue/problem as you've described it. When I reset the PB, then the current Economist issue downloads.
    08-25-12 11:12 AM
    I have a similar problem. What is your OS version? I'm at the latest. Disappointing.

I also had earlier problems where it would only load the titles and when I went off wi-fi it would try and access the content and I couldn't read it because I was off network (I am not bridged)

Come on guys! This is simple text and a couple graphics.
    08-25-12 11:24 AM
    Decided to finally register tonight. August 25th issue downloaded without issues. Also managed to check out three previous versions.

Give the reboot idea a try.
    08-25-12 11:44 PM
    I used to "trick" the app by changing the region in order to get the latest edition on Friday morning, but now that won't work. If I want to refresh I have to delete/reinstall the app and register again. Not the end of the world but they should fix it.
    Last edited by thecsman; 08-26-12 at 12:43 AM.
    08-26-12 12:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD