Easy 3D Camera, the best 3D camera app on Android according to some of the comments I got (the app was downloaded about 100000 times on Android, finally on the PlayBook... thanks to the new Camera APIs in OS 2.1).
    Just try it, now for only 0.99$... of course it is more fun with anaglyph glasses (red-cyan or any other color 3D glasses).
    You get really impressive results on the large PlayBook screen. Read the app description in App World on how to use it to get good results!
    Last edited by tberk1977; 10-15-12 at 05:23 PM.
    BBOttawa, Alex_Hong and mikeplus1 like this.
    10-15-12 05:08 PM
    10-15-12 05:11 PM
    Maybe a crazy question but ....

Do the red and blue have to be left to right or right to left or any order? I have these glasses that were intended to help me with double vision. Looking "through" them, the Blue would be the left eye and the Red would be the right eye?
    10-15-12 05:55 PM
    You can always flip them around
    10-15-12 10:00 PM
    native or android port?
    10-15-12 10:34 PM
    native or android port?
    Doesn't the OP say android app using the 2.1 android camera api.. so pretty sure it is an android app..
    10-15-12 10:47 PM
    Why you wanna charge us for it?? Is clearly free on Android, or at least is a free version on Android.. I really don't even know if you're the developer pushing the app on the forums, but if you do... What's the reason to do so!? Are we a easy target for ya???
    10-15-12 10:50 PM
    Yes, it is an Android port, but I didn`t just take the APK and converted it to BAR. Basically it`s an Android App modified for the PlayBook to fit the larger screen and be able to use more memory etc. It�s not just "sideloaded". Yes, there is a free version for Android, and there will be a native feee and paid version for BB10 I am working on. Unfortunately there is no Cascades on PlayBook 2.1, so there will only be the Playbook optimized Android version there.
    Herve5 likes this.
    10-16-12 04:27 AM
    We support all kinds of available 3D glasses colors in any order: red-cyan, amber-blue and green-magenta, and flipped.
    10-16-12 04:28 AM
    Why you wanna charge us for it?? Is clearly free on Android, or at least is a free version on Android.. I really don't even know if you're the developer pushing the app on the forums, but if you do... What's the reason to do so!? Are we a easy target for ya???
    No, the guys here are the most difficult target, cause you can sideload ;-)
    Try to sideload the original ad supported Android App and you will see that it`s different. I modified it to use the PlayBook screen better and removed functions that don`t work, so the original Android App will work worse (if at all?) on the PlayBook. I think it`s worth to pay 1 Dollar (!) for a little app to make funny moving wiggle stop motion animations and 3D pictures with movement from side to side to see behind objects (as opposed to many other programs, that offer only 2 images to create a stereo pair). Many people paid for it on Android to support development of a better version, and I do react to suggestions and improve the app.
    Alex_Hong and sleepngbear like this.
    10-16-12 04:36 AM
    Let me be the first to say Thank you! for taking the time to not only develop for the PlayBook but also for BB10. I will take a look at the App when I can later today.

Not entirely sure what people are complaining about, the developer has the right to charge whatever he/she/they think is appropriate for the app. If they want it free, or free trial, they can do that, or if they want to charge they can do that as well. As a community we should be SUPPORTING app developers, not just by purchasing the apps but also giving them a welcoming place to display it. If you do not want to pay for the app, then do without it. But stop going into threads with constant complaints about pricing.
    10-16-12 07:20 AM
    Sounds pretty cool but no use to me. Mono vision.
    10-16-12 07:46 AM
    Let me be the first to say Thank you! for taking the time to not only develop for the PlayBook but also for BB10. I will take a look at the App when I can later today.

Not entirely sure what people are complaining about, the developer has the right to charge whatever he/she/they think is appropriate for the app. If they want it free, or free trial, they can do that, or if they want to charge they can do that as well. As a community we should be SUPPORTING app developers, not just by purchasing the apps but also giving them a welcoming place to display it. If you do not want to pay for the app, then do without it. But stop going into threads with constant complaints about pricing.
    I have absolutely NO problem with a developer charging for their apps, but if a developer takes another developer's app (free or not) and modifies it in some way, calls it their own, then charges for it, I would have a problem with that, unless they are compensating the original developer or have full permission from the original developer and of course if they are the original developer, then kudos!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    10-16-12 09:45 AM
    I have absolutely NO problem with a developer charging for their apps, but if a developer takes another developer's app (free or not) and modifies it in some way, calls it their own, then charges for it, I would have a problem with that, unless they are compensating the original developer or have full permission from the original developer and of course if they are the original developer, then kudos!
    I agree 100% with this. If you read the OP it implies that this is the developer though.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    10-16-12 11:23 AM
    , I dont care if it is free on Android, you did a great job and you got my dollar. Thanks for working on BB.

Only one suggestion, I like how icons looks on my PB, is it possible for you to change your icon? is a silly stuff but you know, make it look better, it will gain more customers, if you search "3D" on AppWorld and you see that gray 3D icon you might sometimes just pass it by and ignore it, but if you see something more appealling you will definitely stop
    10-16-12 02:23 PM
    Interesting facts:
    - I use the PlayBook as my main Android development device because it`s easier to develop Android apps for PlayBook than for a real Android tablet ;-) because you can debug per WIFI and no USB cable and driver is needed.
    Nice that the app developed with the PlayBook then works on all Androids... PlayBook is cheaper also. I don`t know any reason why an Android developer would not try to port their Apps to PlayBook and BB10. But I would never take an App from others and sell it on PB.

- I have tried to create (and released some) apps on Windows Phone 7.5, Windows 8, Blackberry OS 7, PlayBook, Android Java and native, and starting with BB10. BB10 is by far the strongest of these platforms in my opinion (the only one with pure C++ native code and full HTML5 without any virtual machine, .net, JNI... stuff). Hopefully BB10 will really come to PB.
    kbz1960 and mikeplus1 like this.
    10-16-12 03:14 PM
    I agree 100% with this. If you read the OP it implies that this is the developer though.
    Yeah, probably right, I didn't read it closely enough and it just wasn't completely clear to me. Maybe I better stay over in the 50K CrackBerry challenge thread, lol.

Interesting facts:
    - I use the PlayBook as my main Android development device because it`s easier to develop Android apps for PlayBook than for a real Android tablet ;-) because you can debug per WIFI and no USB cable and driver is needed.
    Nice that the app developed with the PlayBook then works on all Androids... PlayBook is cheaper also. I don`t know any reason why an Android developer would not try to port their Apps to PlayBook and BB10. But I would never take an App from others and sell it on PB.

- I have tried to create (and released some) apps on Windows Phone 7.5, Windows 8, Blackberry OS 7, PlayBook, Android Java and native, and starting with BB10. BB10 is by far the strongest of these platforms in my opinion (the only one with pure C++ native code and full HTML5 without any virtual machine, .net, JNI... stuff). Hopefully BB10 will really come to PB.
    I honestly didn't think so, just wanted to be clear and it now seems clear to me that you have done some good work. You have earned my dollar, lol.

Keep up the good work, we need more creative developers like yourself!
    10-16-12 03:47 PM
    Well, I might not have purchased this app but since I already had Blue/Red glasses that came with EXPENSIVE Double Vision Exercise Software, 99 Cents seemed reasonable.

WOW! I changed the settings to match the color of my glasses and damn - 3d photos! I need to go outside and get some outdoor shots in my garden (garden is a polite word for overgrown yard).

edited to ask: Do you have to adjust the lens colors before the photo is taken? In other words, this photo I took shows 3d with MY Blue/Red glasses. But if I wanted to share it with others (or post it here), do I have to adjust the settings to match their glass colors? Or is the color altered when I SAVE it to my Gallery?
    kbz1960 and mikeplus1 like this.
    10-16-12 03:56 PM
    See? Well spent Dollar (well, 70 Cents for me and 30 for RIM) Have you noticed you can also create wiggle animations moving back and forward (but not export them as a video, only view)

The original shot photos are always kept, Independent of selected Colors. So you can switch to any Color combination at any time and then Export it. The current Picture on screen is exported in the currently selected color combination. Most people I know have the glasses at the first menu option (left=red and right=Cyan or light blue). So to post it somewhere, set it to Red-Cyan first, then Export. It will be in the Image library of the PlayBook in Red-Cyan, exactly as you saw it in the Viewer
    (unfortunately no animations export yet, I am working on this for the BB10 Version as you can do Video Encoding easier there with C++). Of course you could Switch through all Color combinations and Export them, but... most People have red-cyan (L/R eye) or red-blue glasses (which works with red-cyan also)
    10-17-12 02:19 PM
    Thanks for that info. I guess I need to read the "between shots" text. I think that **I** am suppose to move and keep the cross-hairs on the same spot as opposed to slightly moving the cross-hairs further to the right???

My glasses are probably an unusual color combo (blue/red) since they came with specialized software to test/improve double vision - Mine was up/down. It did not work for that (surgery did!!!! Move the eyeball!!) but now I have the glasses.
    10-17-12 07:18 PM
    That's right, you have to aim at one point and move the PlayBook to he right slightly between 2 shots. But after moving to the right about 10-20 mm, aim at the same point again. So it's like a slight rotation around the point and not just a movement straight to the right. You learn it with some training.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-19-12 02:52 PM
    that's one of those apps that was messing my pb up...
    10-19-12 06:32 PM
    that's one of those apps that was messing my pb up...
    In what way? I have not noticed it messing anything up - other than my budget - 99 cents broke my bank this week!
    10-19-12 10:24 PM