That might be hard. They're free.
    I'm sure its a trial. I mean I want it to be free but doesn't sound like ea

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-11 07:45 AM
    It's right on the front page of CB, they asked RIM and they're the full versions. (Tetris full is preloaded, NFS is downloadable once you hop on a wifi network)
    02-11-11 07:58 AM
    It's kind of odd that EA would give NFS away on the PlayBook and charge for it on other devices.

This is the company that wants you to use a one time code to play their games online. If you sell your game you'll have to buy a code from them.
    02-11-11 08:05 AM
    It's kind of odd that EA would give NFS away on the PlayBook and charge for it on other devices.

This is the company that wants you to use a one time code to play their games online. If you sell your game you'll have to buy a code from them.
    Interestingly, I read an article recently speculating they were having issues with the Android Market or something, and actually pulled their games from it?

Probably just a coincidence though.

nm, only involved Canada i think:
    EA Games no longer available for Android gamers in Canada and other not-so-fun facts regarding EA
    02-11-11 08:17 AM

More likely RIM paying them (a highly discounted price) to bundle the games to increase the appeal of the PlayBook. Who knows, RIM might even be giving them heavy financial incentives to develop games for the platform, ala MS paying devs for develop for Windows Phone 7.
    02-11-11 08:34 AM
    Sounds like that may be the case. I didn't care for NFS though, give me Tiger Woods
    02-11-11 08:50 AM
    NFS is accelerometer based along with some swipe gestures. Its nice and should be easy enough to use on the PB
    02-11-11 09:15 AM
    Played it on my phone. Didn't care for it.
    02-11-11 09:27 AM
    If its free I am swimming to Canada and hugging mike

02-11-11 09:36 AM
    Unfortunately EA bought Chillingo, Rovio's publisher. NOT Rovio, we still may not see a BlackBerry version for a while.

EA Buys ‘Angry Birds’ Publisher Chillingo For $20 Million, Doesn’t Get ‘Angry Birds’

just figured id say this before someone else does.

EA own...... Rovio - Angry Birds. yea thats right, angry birds on a BB.
    02-11-11 09:20 PM
    Unfortunately EA bought Chillingo, Rovio's publisher. NOT Rovio, we still may not see a BlackBerry version for a while.

EA Buys �Angry Birds� Publisher Chillingo For $20 Million, Doesn�t Get �Angry Birds�
    .......... party pooper
    02-11-11 09:26 PM
    lol Sorry. Wanted to make sure people knew that before there were more rants about why EA wasn't making a BB version

.......... party pooper
    02-12-11 11:31 AM
    .......... party pooper
    You can get it for MacBook though. Here's a screenshot from my own MacBook :P

Attachment 81374

Do I make you feel jealous
    Last edited by Paladinleeds; 02-12-11 at 03:15 PM.
    02-12-11 01:15 PM
    You can get it for MacBook though. Here's a screenshot from my own MacBook :P

Do I make you feel jealous
    no because i have it for my *touchscreen* dell studio 17 :P

Attachment 81375
    Last edited by dsquared2; 02-12-11 at 01:28 PM.
    02-12-11 01:22 PM
    I bought it for my PC and will put it on my ASUS Touchscreen all in one. Gonna be so fun!

02-12-11 01:42 PM
    no because i have it for my *touchscreen* dell studio 17 :P

Attachment 81375
    We both know the MacBook is better
    02-12-11 03:14 PM
    With all that said I'll be disappointed if all the games we get are crappy (let's face it) driving/arcade games with fancy graphics from huge publishers. Independent and innovative developers will make or break the software ecosystem.

02-12-11 03:20 PM
    We both know the MacBook is better
    hahhahaahhahahhahahahahhahhaha nah this thing is beyond fast i love it. never had a problem and its been 8 months
    02-12-11 03:25 PM
    hahhahaahhahahhahahahahhahhaha nah this thing is beyond fast i love it. never had a problem and its been 8 months
    But Windows PCs are the Androids of smartphones. Every company and his dog almost are making Windows PCs, so they have to upsell you the hardware. Apple made both the OS and the hardware, so it's well balanced. This thing is amazingly good with what it does. And it's not too shabby on WoW.
    02-12-11 04:13 PM
    But Windows PCs are the Androids of smartphones. Every company and his dog almost are making Windows PCs, so they have to upsell you the hardware. Apple made both the OS and the hardware, so it's well balanced. This thing is amazingly good with what it does. And it's not too shabby on WoW.
    Apple doesn't make all the hardware, I have the Core i5 processors in mine and I know apple has those on tbeir laptop line. I think apple upsells, I built my laptop up to $1,500 after customization and the only mac laptop, that isn't even touch screen, for 17" was $2,500 without any upgrades. It would have been a buttload to get the core i5 and 6gb ram on that macbook :/

02-12-11 04:36 PM
    first video demo
    BlackBerry PlayBook Need For Speed Demo (VIDEO) | Inside BlackBerry

running with quake + other 3d demo in background
    02-14-11 02:58 AM
    I was just watching that, it looks awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on the PB.
    02-14-11 03:23 AM
    Damn this tablet is awesome. That was running while the quake 3 and open gl stuff was going on. I won't use the multitaksing like that, but man the power is sick.
    02-14-11 04:03 AM
    Looks nice.

Also, he said they will be at GDC next month. That's brilliant to get other game devs on board!

I'm still hoping for some BioWare Playbook RPG :P
    02-14-11 04:14 AM
    I'm sure with EA on board, we can see games like The Sims heading to the PB soon.
    02-14-11 06:59 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD