Has anyone checked out the new Earth and Legend 3D RPG that was released last night? Here is a link to the developers homepage Earth And Legend

I'm curious how it plays on the Playbook. It's gotten some good comments from Android and iOS users. Oh, there is a video of gameplay on the developers homepage and on various youtube sites if your interested in checking it out.
    11-09-11 09:42 AM
    Ive looked around the internet and havent really heard anything good about it. Apparently, they give Android and iOS users in game money if they 5star the app, hense the highscore

All of the reviews I've googled from websites have ripped it apart.
    Earth and Legend (iOS Review) - Like Aralon, but terrible
    11-09-11 10:16 AM
    Ive looked around the internet and havent really heard anything good about it. Apparently, they give Android and iOS users in game money if they 5star the app, hense the highscore

All of the reviews I've googled from websites have ripped it apart.
    Earth and Legend (iOS Review) - Like Aralon, but terrible
    That's disappointing. The developer just released, a minute ago, another 3D RPG called Crusade of Destiny which is supposed to be Zelda-ish Crusade Of Destiny

Guess I'll wait to see for some more honest reviews of either of these games.

PS - That review for Earth and Legend was just brutal, not the review, but what was said about the game Thanks for finding that.
    Last edited by Darlaten; 11-09-11 at 10:25 AM.
    11-09-11 10:20 AM
    I bought it and I have to say that I'm intrigued by its day and night and weather cycle...
    controls are also nice, but the dialogue (and the storyline I imagine) is rubbish...
    11-09-11 11:29 AM
    Too bad...A nice RPG is always welcome in the app stables of my playbook.

Something from Square/Enix would look great and really show off the good point of the playbook.

Pipe dream I know, but a person can dream.
    11-09-11 11:48 AM
    I just got the Earth and Legend yesterday and I really like it. To be fair that iOS review was for the lite version of the game which it seems the developer replaced with the full version.

Pros:
    I don't know anything about Aralon but Earth and legend is really a well balanced RPG. I am only level 9 right now but so far the gameplay is great. It takes a few minutes to get use to combat because it is live action combat meaning you have to time using your shield to block attacks while using your sword, pretty fun. Also there are a lot of quests at the beginning in the starter town. Graphics are very nice with a lot of details. Lots of weapons, armor and special items like masks.

Cons:
    The only con I found is that there is a little grinding in order to level up and get new quest but I play a lot of RPGs so not that big a deal for me.

I think the guy who wrote that iOS review was just expecting the full version. The game is a really good RPG kinda like original Fable so I wouldn't listen to that old review. I saw the game trailer which is why I got it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhSlGm0QZZo[/YT]
    11-10-11 02:11 PM
    Well even though I gave it a 5 star, because of the bribe (even though you don't need to for the 500 gold). Although it deserves atleast a 3 star, probably a 4 star.
    I found most of the issues the guy had in the article to be untrue, or been fixed in an update. Somethings could always be improved, but I found this game to be pretty interesting. I just wish to find some people to join in multiplayer.
    11-10-11 02:27 PM
    Is anyone still playing this game??
    12-24-11 10:19 PM
    Just started actually, but only because it's the only full fledged RPG we have. that being said, I'd say it's alright and yeah I'd buy it if you like RPG's on mobile devices, but there's nothing really 'amazing' about it. but for 6 bucks, it's a fun little time waster.
    12-25-11 12:47 AM
    I've been trying to find out more about the game, like can you play it offline? Can anyone answer that? I am not about to pay 7 bucks if I can't play offline.
    05-12-12 12:06 PM
    I've been trying to find out more about the game, like can you play it offline? Can anyone answer that? I am not about to pay 7 bucks if I can't play offline.
    Yes you can play it offline. Sadly I can't get the online multiplayer work.
    05-12-12 12:40 PM
    Yes you can play it offline. Sadly I can't get the online multiplayer work.
    Maybe someone here will help. I'm finding out that this forum is the only place to get any real help and support for these kinds of games. Or anything else. I can see why it's rated the top website for Playbook and other platforms.

Oh and thank you for the info.
    Last edited by let_it_go7; 05-12-12 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Thanks
    05-12-12 12:49 PM

Yeahhhhhhhhh...
    05-12-12 08:25 PM
    Crusade Of Destiny has almost the same storyline as Earth & Legend, but a bit older and less good looking. I've played Crusade Of Destiny a lot on my iPhone, and I found out that the quests in E & L are almost identical.
    In fact, Earth & Legend is the sequel of Crusade Of Destiny.
    But it has to be said: in E & L, the graphics are nice, and there's a real-time weather mechanism too. I like the fact that you will get a dog pet at a certain level that will fight besides you (although I don't have the feeling he's helping a lot but hey: you're not alone).

Well: I was hoping for Order & Chaos Online, but this is a nice RPG for those who like this kind of games.
    05-13-12 07:12 AM
    Question: Is there any good MMORPG for the PlayBook? That would definitely Rock, we could make a CrackBerry Guild and stuff, i love how good this community is
    05-13-12 08:36 AM
    Not yet I'm afraid.
    That's why I'm hoping for Order & Chaos Online from Gameloft, that should work perfectly on the Playbook.
    05-14-12 02:21 AM
    Question: Is there any good MMORPG for the PlayBook? That would definitely Rock, we could make a CrackBerry Guild and stuff, i love how good this community is
    Yup this is one cracking CrackBerry
    05-14-12 02:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD