Hello! We've released Files & Folders v2.3 with some new features:

• E-mail a file via your mail server (experimental)
    • works with Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, Windows Live, MSN, many Exchange and other SMTP servers
    • support for plain SMTP email, authentication, SSL and StartTLS

but also:

• optional file & folder delete confirmation
    • enhanced search & filter feature
    • enhanced Google Docs integration- enhanced Dropbox integration

Links: App World / Website / Release Notes / Facebook / Twitter

A free 3-day trial is available on App World to make sure it works for you.

Cheers, - Jon -
    09-01-11 08:09 PM
    sweeeet....hopefully network access and possibly send from a choice of email accounts...and you win.

great job...love it so far
    09-02-11 04:40 AM
    Seems that you're really busy on extending this great app. Just one question - are you working on a zip/unzip function? If yes, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
    09-02-11 09:20 AM
    Gerii, buy it anyway even without the zip\unzip functions. The app is fantastic. It's well worth it. I've been using it for about a month now.
    09-02-11 09:37 AM
    Zip is under development, but we want to do it right instead of taking shortcuts. A .zip file should work like a folder: open it and do (almost) anything you like inside.
    menaknow and Gerii like this.
    09-02-11 09:40 AM
    can you also do rar while you're at it?
    09-03-11 01:53 AM
    Not likely. Without wanting to get into the relative merrits of RAR vs ZIP...

RAR is a completely different, propietary, closed-source format. It's also much less ubiquitous than .ZIP. Though .RAR decompression may be possible with major engineering work, it would have very limited functionality and be useful to only a small subset of our users. Therefore it not on our roadmap.
    09-04-11 01:24 AM
    Thanks for the info! Bought it now
    09-09-11 04:24 PM
    Seems that you're really busy on extending this great app. Just one question - are you working on a zip/unzip function? If yes, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
    Gerii, the newest version (2.5) now has the most advanced ZIP support available on PlayBook.
    09-22-11 06:57 AM
    I wonder if Innovatology will integrate the email function with the native email app once it is added to the PlayBook.
    Last edited by optimo; 09-22-11 at 01:48 PM.
    09-22-11 08:32 AM
    Note: Paid Customer

I'm trying to use File & Folders email function with my outgoing smtp server at network solutions (smtp.xpnet.com). However, none of the combinations of ports or server addresses seems to work. I get the same error every time: "500 Could Not Connect to Mail Server. Error #2031."

I'm running OS2 6149 and have the native Android email working fine with this same server/account in the player environment, so it's not connectivity related.

Any ideas?

UPDATE: Works fine with gmail, so it's definitely a problem with netsol.

UPDATE2: Fixed! Changed outgoing mail server address to mail.xpnet.com.netsolmail.net (yes, really!) and it works over Port 25 with no encryption. So...win! :-)

RCK
    Last edited by rkennedy01; 01-01-12 at 03:39 PM.
    01-01-12 01:53 PM
    Glad to hear you found the right settings!

Remember that, if you can't get e-mail to work with your server, you can always sign up for a GMail account but use your "regular" e-mail as a sender address.
    luigigosc likes this.
    01-02-12 12:58 PM
    Awesome program. But I cannot get the email portion to work. I have a @msn.com mail account. Can you tell me the settings that I need to make it work? Thanks in advance.
    01-06-12 10:59 PM
    @Cmce:

the correct settings for MSN are listed at the bottom of the E-mail settings screen:

Outbound mail server: smtp.live.com
    Outbound mail port: 587
    Encryption: StartTLS
    User name: your full e-mail address

Hope this helps!
    01-07-12 06:00 AM
    I put in those settings and I get:
    E-mail error
    There eas a problem sending your email:
    500 Could not connect to your mail server.
    Error #2031

I am using the latest version of the program. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    01-07-12 09:55 PM
    500 Could not connect to your mail server.
    That's strange - we tested it with live.com and it worked fine.

Are you working via Wifi? If so, it could be that your ISP, or the Wifi network you are on, blocks port 587. To test that, open a command-prompt on your PC and type

Code:
    telnet smtp.live.com 587
    You should see a welcome message starting with "220 <a server name> Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service".
    01-11-12 05:59 PM
    I tried that. I get that response. Still does not work on my playbook. My laptop and playbook are using the same wifi (shaw internet). Hmmmm.
    I also tried to email from my tethered blackberry on Telus, and still the same error#2031.
    Last edited by cmce; 01-11-12 at 07:22 PM.
    01-11-12 07:18 PM
    I'm using OS2 Beta and would just like to give a plug for this great program. It works perfectly with both dropbox and box.net. In fact it works better with box.net than the box.net app. This is really a well thought out useful program. I have no link to the author.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-11-12 07:57 PM
    I am testing this product right now using gmail and if it works, it will make my day!
    01-12-12 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD