has anyone else seen this recently, where upgrading an existing application from AppWorld will result in both versions being on the Playbook afterwards?
    attaching a screenshot of Facebook installed twice
    Attachment 90676
    07-28-11 06:07 PM
    Same thing happened here for the most recent facebook update
    07-28-11 06:24 PM
    Yes, but it happened to me on older releases as well. Only on some apps too.
    07-28-11 06:29 PM
    doesnt happen on all apps, only certain ones.
    07-28-11 06:52 PM
    doesnt happen on all apps, only certain ones.
    iv said this many times before, if a different signing certificate is used by the dev, then ya get a new icon.
    MADBRADNYC and Vidge like this.
    07-28-11 06:54 PM
    and you get after that the notification to upgrade both of them, it's pretty annoying
    07-28-11 06:58 PM
    iv said this many times before, if a different signing certificate is used by the dev, then ya get a new icon.
    i actually had Facebook 1.x and 2.x and 2.0.x all installed at one point on my device
    07-28-11 07:04 PM
    same here....which one can be deleted?
    07-28-11 07:17 PM
    The first one can be deleted. When you download an application and receive two icons; the last one in any list is the newer version.
    07-28-11 07:21 PM
    The first one can be deleted. When you download an application and receive two icons; the last one in any list is the newer version.
    you are of course, but the image shows the user has moved the icons, which would confuse the matter a little.

im assuming you remember which icon was there first, in which case delete that one, if you cant remember, go into the myworld section of appworld, scroll down and find facebook listed, and delete the version with the lower version number
    07-28-11 09:56 PM
    I got that with "File Browser" not sure which one to delete lol
    07-28-11 09:58 PM
    +1!
    KB27577-Upgrading some applications through the BlackBerry App World storefront on the BlackBerry PlayBook results in duplicate icons appearing within the BlackBerry PlayBook navigator

Still lovin' my PlayBook and PaperPlane!
    Eternally thankful,
    Brad
    07-28-11 10:11 PM
    Same thing happened here for the most recent facebook update
    It also did it for me too on facebook. For now I have just left the 2 on the FB
    07-28-11 10:42 PM
    My way to resolve that is:
    Every time App World shows an update for an app, I deleted it first and then reinstalled it.
    Takes the same amount of time than updating, since it will download the whole package anyway.
    07-28-11 11:00 PM
    glad your enjoying it

It also did it for me too on facebook. For now I have just left the 2 on the FB
    My way to resolve that is:
    Every time App World shows an update for an app, I deleted it first and then reinstalled it.
    Takes the same amount of time than updating, since it will download the whole package anyway.
    i always just download the update, if a new icon is added, then it`ll appear at the bottom of the all list, so its very easy to tell (as long as ya dont move the icon first) which is the old and new app.
    07-29-11 09:56 AM
    has anyone else seen this recently, where upgrading an existing application from AppWorld will result in both versions being on the Playbook afterwards?
    attaching a screenshot of Facebook installed twice
    Attachment 90676
    I had the same issue. Facebook showed up twice in my App world downloads. I ended up deleting both of the duplicate apps and then reinstalling. That solved the problem for me.
    07-30-11 02:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD