P.s:Will gesture be enabled again in future updates?
    I'm changing the UI so that gestures (and tabs) won't be required.
    I'm also making a landscape orientation.
    In the future it will be converted in to a Cascades app.
    greatwiseone and bugmeyes like this.
    05-15-12 05:48 PM
    OK, so I pushed out an update today towards my goal for an improved UI.
    Some icons rotate (the toolbar) to show orientation detection is working.
    Also, the settings/about dialogs have been improved. I removed the about tab so there's only two tabs right now. These will be combined.
    05-16-12 02:09 AM
    Very Nice! Thank you!
    05-17-12 12:03 PM
    New version on appworld has a new UI.
    No more tabs. Allows full rotation (like my other Qt apps).
    05-23-12 05:55 AM
    Very amazing application, thanks for porting xsacha!
    I noticed something interesting in the latest version, landscape mode can be used without causing the Playbook to switch all applications to landscape. Was that done on purpose?
    MedChemist likes this.
    05-23-12 11:36 AM
    Maybe someone can help me?

I've got it installed. While on the pb, can I grab and transfer files/folders from my pc stuff (files/folders) to my pb?

They seem to see each other.
    05-23-12 06:32 PM
    Maybe someone can help me?

I've got it installed. While on the pb, can I grab and transfer files/folders from my pc stuff (files/folders) to my pb?

They seem to see each other.
    You can send/receive but not see what is on the other device.

On the PC you can just drop a file on to the Playbook and it's automatically sent.
    05-23-12 06:45 PM
    Can you use this to transfer to other computers not on your network? I tried sending something to my sister in Grand Bend. Put in her IP address, but it didn't find her, although she had the program running on her laptop.

Great little program though.

Edit: From what I read, it is just for over the LAN. Be great if you could do it over the net too.
    Last edited by crackberryjill; 05-25-12 at 10:57 PM.
    05-25-12 10:51 PM
    You wouldn't necessarily want this feature. Simply because it's a security issue. Anyone on the internet could send you files without your permission. Dukto never prompts for this.

However, if you wanted to do this, you could unblock the port from your firewall (forward the port on your router). That is, port 4644.
    05-25-12 11:08 PM
    Is there a way to move multiple files, so if I take a whole pile of pics I can send them to the desktop all at once?
    05-31-12 09:18 PM
    Well there is a 'Send Folder' option but not just multiple files. I can add this in a future version.
    05-31-12 09:22 PM
    Something is funky about the orientation of the app. Essentially the app locks in portrait mode, even though the GUI within the app rotates to make it workable in landscape, the application window still remains in portrait mode. E.g. when I start it in landscape, it shows the splash screen in portrait, swipe from bottom in landscape does not bring up home screen and is treated as a swipe from left...

Edit: Also while the playbook app correctly adds/removes the windows PC as soon as I start/close the program in Windows, the windows program detects the playbook coming online but does not detect it going offline (even though I confirmed with telnet that PB app does close the 4644 port, bug in the windows client?).
    Last edited by z_scorpio_z; 06-01-12 at 04:51 AM.
    06-01-12 04:46 AM
    I've got the strange portrait orientation as well. It's pretty annoying.
    06-01-12 05:55 AM
    The orientation handling was a limitation in Qt at the time. I will use auto for future versions. Needs to be reworked.
    06-01-12 07:58 AM
    Xsacha,

I just discovered this. Great program!

I installed it on all three PBs in our household and am very impressed.

The one tweak I would love to see is if it could detect names of PBs on the network or something similar. Maybe it could store previously connected IP and allow you to name that IP or just have a dropdown of IPs?

Thanks again, this is great!
    06-06-12 09:13 AM
    The one tweak I would love to see is if it could detect names of PBs on the network or something similar. Maybe it could store previously connected IP and allow you to name that IP or just have a dropdown of IPs?
    Which name should I use? It has a bluetooth name and a wireless file sharing name although I figured most people left this as-is.
    I can request device identifying information and grab pin and maybe show last four digits of pin.
    06-06-12 06:38 PM
    Is there something I need to install on my MacBook?

Thanks in advance.

Lonnie
    06-07-12 07:19 AM
    I suppose I was just thinking anything more personalized than the IP address.

Even just having it remember previously used addresses would be great though. Maybe with a drop down menu of recently used?
    06-07-12 08:54 AM
    Is there something I need to install on my MacBook?

Thanks in advance.

Lonnie
    Dukto for Mac: https://dukto.googlecode.com/files/DuktoR5-OSX.dmg
    06-07-12 10:09 AM
    I just stumbled across this app...tried it and Love it.
    10-27-12 08:36 AM
    I see this app is no longer available for the playbook on Appworld... is there another location available to download the .bar file?
    02-27-15 03:09 PM
    I see this app is no longer available for the playbook on Appworld... is there another location available to download the .bar file?
    Yeah I would like that app too.
    02-27-15 03:16 PM
    http://www.qtness.com/blog/?cat=5

Found it!

I downloaded the bar file and sideloaded via the google chrome app manager and works like a charm!!!!

Love it!! Solves a lot of issues for me!

Posted via CB10
    Blackman91 likes this.
    02-27-15 05:52 PM
    This app is awesome, does anyone have a link to the latest version for the playbook? it seems this app was removed from appworld.
    03-02-15 03:05 PM
    I mean the bar to the latest update that was on bb world.
    03-02-15 04:27 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD