Dukto R5 for Playbook Released

Here is another fabulous Qt + QtQuick project, Dukto. It allows fast WiFi file transfer to any other device that is running Dukto.
    Playbook joins a growing list of platforms that support Dukto including Windows, Linux, Mac, Symbian and Meego.
    Compatible devices on your network are automatically detected with no setup required!

While the portrait orientation and Metro styling may not suit the Playbook, it is consistent with its representation on other platforms. I hope you all enjoy it.

Download it free on AppWorld

Please try it out and throw in any suggestions.
    Currently I plan to add a landscape option, swiping support and faster UI.
    What do you guys think of future side-loading support? Send a .bar to a Playbook and it's installed (from any phone/tablet/computer that runs Dukto!). If enough people vote for this, I'll add it to all Dukto clients
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-12-12 at 12:42 AM.
    05-12-12 12:27 AM
    Dukto R5 for Playbook Released

Here is another fabulous Qt + QtQuick project, Dukto. It allows fast WiFi file transfer to any other device that is running Dukto.
    Playbook joins a growing list of platforms that support Dukto including Windows, Linux, Mac, Symbian and Meego.
    Compatible devices on your network are automatically detected with no setup required!

While the portrait orientation and Metro styling may not suit the Playbook, it is consistent with its representation on other platforms. I hope you all enjoy it.

Download it free on AppWorld
    Click to view quoted image

Please try it out and throw in any suggestions.
    What do you guys think of future side-loading support? Send a .bar to a Playbook and it's installed (from any phone/tablet/computer!). If enough people vote for this, I'll add it to all Dukto clients
    Very cool app.
    Will this app help in transferring files from one playbook to another?
    05-12-12 12:32 AM
    Yes, you can transfer files/text from one Playbook to another via WiFi.
    LimeTripBlog likes this.
    05-12-12 12:32 AM
    Yes, you can transfer files/text from one Playbook to another via WiFi.
    Wow thanks xsacha, I was waiting for such an app.
    05-12-12 12:36 AM
    WOW I literally just searched for QT Playbook Apps and found this on Google. Thought I'd be the first to report it, you guys are fast
    05-12-12 01:02 AM
    If you're looking for Qt playbook apps, there's 1000s I've ported at least 20 (on my computer) and personally know of at least 300 on AppWorld right now (such as Evidence Hunt) and then there's others that haven't made it there yet (like Pacemaker).
    Any Qt app can be ported to Playbook with little-to-no fuss and it's the basis of RIM's premier app toolkit, Cascades.
    Snuupy and joski like this.
    05-12-12 01:25 AM
    Now I have to find out what Dukto is (googling in another window now)...
    05-12-12 11:08 AM
    Hey xsacha I'm getting error message while trying to send some jpg files from one playbook to another.
    05-12-12 01:43 PM
    Thank you so much for this awesome app really apreciate it.
    And i'd love to see side-loading support in the future.
    05-12-12 02:13 PM
    Wow! This is great! Thank you! and yeah I also vote for the sideloading!

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    05-12-12 06:05 PM
    Is there a version of Dukto for BB phones? That would be a great way to transfer from PB to BB. (Bridge doesn't seem to allow me to do that if I am on BES)
    05-12-12 07:36 PM
    Sorry, only platforms that support C++.
    BB only supports Java, WP7 only supports C#.
    Dukto will (already does) support BB10 though

Hey xsacha I'm getting error message while trying to send some jpg files from one playbook to another.
    Judging from your screenshot it looks like there is no other device on your network. Did the Playbook drop out of wifi or something?
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-12-12 at 09:01 PM.
    05-12-12 08:16 PM
    Judging from your screenshot it looks like there is no other device on your network. Did the Playbook drop out of wifi or something?
    How do I add my other playbook, does this app detect other device automatically? Both the playbook's are connected to same wifi connection.

EDIT: NVM I figured it out, I didn't launch the app in my other playbook. Wow superb app. Like others I would like sideloading feature added, but that's gonna be real hard. Thanks again buddy
    Last edited by LimeTripBlog; 05-13-12 at 12:21 AM.
    05-13-12 12:15 AM
    How do I add my other playbook, does this app detect other device automatically? Both the playbook's are connected to same wifi connection.

EDIT: NVM I figured it out, I didn't launch the app in my other playbook. Wow superb app. Like others I would like sideloading feature added, but that's gonna be real hard. Thanks again buddy
    No probs

The side-loading feature will be easy as I already have the code for this. I used it in Dingleberry which is also a Qt app.

The only issue is getting it in to all the other clients (Windows/Linux/Mac/Symbian/Meego) as they aren't updated that frequently. I'll try to get this in for R6.

I'm thinking of having an option if filetype=bar and target=playbook, Send or Side-load. The side-load option will require password to be input.
    Then, the device receiving will get side-load request and, if developer mode is disabled, it'll open security settings for them.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-13-12 at 01:15 AM.
    05-13-12 01:13 AM
    Been running this for a little while and forgot to say thanks - thanks!
    A bar loading feature would be very cool am I properly led to believe there is also a windows and linux version of this app?
    If there is, I have an idea I'd like to run by you
    05-13-12 02:24 AM
    Yes, Windows/Linux/Mac/Symbian/Meego/Anything that runs C++

I have a new update coming out but approvals don't happen on weekend.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-13-12 at 03:18 AM.
    05-13-12 03:15 AM
    New update!
    * You can now swipe left/right instead of tapping headings.
    * Uses OpenGL for interface (very fast!)
    * Now has proper image next to your device.
    * Can detect device name (Playbook, Playbook 4G, Dev Alpha).

Should appear on AppWorld by Monday.
    velociraptor89 likes this.
    05-13-12 11:12 AM
    New update!
    * You can now swipe left/right instead of tapping headings.
    * Uses OpenGL for interface (very fast!)
    * Now has proper image next to your device.
    * Can detect device name (Playbook, Playbook 4G, Dev Alpha).

Should appear on AppWorld by Monday.
    Crashes in mine is it because i am on 6149?
    05-13-12 07:12 PM
    Yeah, it requires 7971+ because it's built with NDK 2.0 sorry
    05-13-12 08:44 PM
    Hi, i just had an update on my two PB, i can't seem to press the icons, if I press it nothing happens.. I have tried sending a file from my pc to pb and my pb received it, but the same problem occurred and I can't press any icons except for the headings..

and also a feature that I wanted to ask since the first release, can it find my other PlayBook too automatically? I can manually input the IP address, but if this feature is already implemented, what am I missing?

and one more thing I have friend working in university, and connected her pb under a proxy, we can't find each other too. I'm at home... Is that feature not available?

The swipe feature is a nice gesture BTW

Edit: The 3 icons below are working I must say
    The about links are not working too.
    Last edited by velociraptor89; 05-14-12 at 01:23 AM.
    05-14-12 01:05 AM
    Hey, thanks for the bug report. I'll look into that. Something might have slipped past. Edit: Yeah the gestures are stealing events from the main UI :\

It should detect other devices on the same WiFi automatically. If not, there may be a firewall blocking that port or something similar.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-14-12 at 01:36 AM.
    velociraptor89 likes this.
    05-14-12 01:10 AM
    Hi, i just had an update on my two PB, i can't seem to press the icons, if I press it nothing happens.. I have tried sending a file from my pc to pb and my pb received it, but the same problem occurred and I can't press any icons except for the headings..
    After the update i'm having the same problem
    05-14-12 12:14 PM
    I fixed bug as soon as I found it but unfortunately it's going to take a while to be approved.
    I've pulled Dukto until the new release is approved.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-14-12 at 06:17 PM.
    05-14-12 06:11 PM
    Ok, new update is out with gestures disabled.
    05-14-12 09:22 PM
    Ok, new update is out with gestures disabled.
    Just updated and works perfectly, thanks for all your great work .

P.s:Will gesture be enabled again in future updates?
    05-15-12 12:36 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD