03-03-12 03:07 PM
29 12
tools
    Good Morning,

The cloud application Dropbox, posted a thread up on 4/9/11 to determine of there was sufficient demand to produce a native Dropbox client for the Blackberry Playbook. If this sounds like something that you would be interested in, and you are already an existing Dropbox user, please vote at:

Vote for BlackBerry Playbook Dropbox App

For those of you who dont know, Dropbox is a Web-based file hosting service that uses cloud computing to enable users to store and share files and folders with others across the Internet using file synchronization (Wikipedia). Dropbox also allows you to sync files to multiple devices. For example, the files that I use for work are accessible on my office computer, my personal computer, my Blackberry Bold (and hopefully my Playbook eventually) as well as the internet all via Dropbox. For more information check out the following video. Thanks:

04-29-11 08:16 AM
    Two things: One, there is already a thread or two on the subject. Two, this is the wrong forum. Try this:

PlayBook Apps & Games - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    04-29-11 08:18 AM
    I just cast my vote, thanks for pointing that out.

Now if we can just get NetFlix and Zinio on board...
    04-29-11 08:19 AM
    BlueBox for PlayBook. It's a DropBox app, but I just read the reviews and it's not the greatest. but there is already a DropBox app.
    04-29-11 08:22 AM
    BlueBox is barely an app. All it does is show the contents of your DropBox folder and let you "organize" things by creating folders and moving files among them. You can't open the files or download or upload to it. Its basically useless.

On the plus side, the PB browser is good enough that you can log in to DropBox directly...

Other platforms (iOS) have DropBox integration with Docs to Go, which is pretty nice. That would be a dream on the PlayBook, but otherwise a usable DropBox app would be sufficient.
    04-29-11 09:52 AM
    BlueBox is a joke. The Dropbox website works just fine on the PB
    04-29-11 01:41 PM
    Bluebox should be on this forum... IT DOES DOWNLOAD THE FILES when you click the open button, it is just not actually opening them in xls or word to go - in fact it gives you no indication it's working. In Bluebox if you select open on a file it will be on your PB. just launch the right docs-to-go app and hit browse it will be there.

obviously needs some work but you can access your documents, no pix yet but i would guess they will get there. I too thought it was broken but it's kind of doing what you need - not what it should but it's getting there.
    05-01-11 10:06 AM
    again, why do you need an app when the website will do as well. it's not that the app will support more functionality than what the website will offer...
    05-13-11 09:47 PM
    again, why do you need an app when the website will do as well. it's not that the app will support more functionality than what the website will offer...
    i thought the same...the website does work fine on this tablet...the only difference would be while you are not online, so that you can still have those folders synced and access the data in them.
    05-13-11 10:29 PM
    My vote is in, I'm a big dropbox user, ok I got it on the curve so I could download it on the curve then transfer it on the PB, but it would be way easier to have it ready on the PB! Hope they will do it!

Yanick
    05-14-11 04:51 AM
    As I said in another thread, shhh... potential devs may hear you.
    05-14-11 08:23 AM
    Full web gives me way more options then the app on my BlackBerry does. Just realized this more tonight then ever.

I wanted to upload a ringtone for someone to my dropbox to share. Now I didn't want to plug my phone in transfer file then upload it to share so I pulled out my Playbook and loaded up dropbox.com and logged in. I hit upload file and it opened the explorer and allowed me to explore my phone's SD card so I did and found the file. Upload paused for 20 seconds at first and I didn't think it was going to go but then in about 2 seconds file was uploaded and I was able to share a download link. After experiencing this I wont use the app unless it has all the features from the website.

I was on wifi when I did this and I will test this on bridge browser just to see if I can.
    ---Edit---
    Yeah I was able to upload a small PDF file to my dropbox with the bridge browser...painfully slow. File was located on my phones SD card when I uploaded.
    Last edited by FlashOp; 05-16-11 at 03:38 AM. Reason: add more to it
    05-16-11 03:09 AM
    If you don't have Dropbox yet, then go here: http://db.tt/t9tbwG1
    06-01-11 07:06 PM
    Just reading the start of this people really were harsh on BlueBox at the start. It really has come a long way already. Great App
    06-01-11 07:15 PM
    Just reading the start of this people really were harsh on BlueBox at the start. It really has come a long way already. Great App
    As of now Blueobx is really excellent. upload, download, delete, ect
    farmwersteve likes this.
    06-01-11 07:46 PM
    Bluebox does work great.

I'd still prefer to have a dropbox app.

If you don't have dropbox, get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NT...E5?src=global9
    07-04-11 05:54 PM
    Bluebox does work great.

I'd still prefer to have a dropbox app.

If you don't have dropbox, get it here: https://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NT...E5?src=global9
    stop spamming your drop box refferals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Barljo likes this.
    07-04-11 06:31 PM
    stop spamming your drop box refferals.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    yea I thought that was a nice try also
    07-04-11 08:06 PM
    Bluebox is fine, but I don't think it synchs automatically as Dropbox does.
    07-06-11 02:15 PM
    Neither does the official Dropbox app for my Torch.
    07-06-11 02:38 PM
    Wanted to bump this up - I voted on it, there's over 8300 votes. Vote people!
    02-04-12 12:39 PM
    wow 8300 votes, thats way more than the emails sent to skype. lol

i love dropbox, got it on all my machines even clients for pb, but a dropbox dedicated app would be nice.
    02-04-12 12:47 PM
    i have voted, it did no good. thank goodness for blue box!
    02-04-12 01:28 PM
    i use bluebox regularly for pdf, docs and excel files. works fine.
    02-04-12 01:39 PM
    Is it possible for me to upload anything other files, say for instance .bar files? I mean since the file manager does show all the files
    03-03-12 12:32 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD