I have released a new version of my drawing board app for PlayBook, with the following set of features:

Features:
    • Easy to use interface
    • Adjustable pen size
    • Adjustable pen opacity
    • Custom pen colors (with full Color Range to choose from)
    • Unlimited Undo & Redo
    • Eraser option
    • Save image with different quality options (Low, Medium, High) in JPEG format
    • Custom Background Images
    • Custom Background Color (with full Color Range to choose from)

Useful Instructions:
    • Swipe down to reveal more options like (Background Image and Color, New, Save, About)
    • Select a color first in the toolbar at the bottom, Tap and Hold for a second to reveal the Color Picker

I need your feedback, what do you like or dislike about app and what features you want to see in future releases?

BlackBerry AppWorld link:
    DrawingBoard Pro for BlackBerry PlayBook

Thanks
    05-24-12 04:45 AM
    I'm not impressed with any of the freehand drawing apps. Please add a feature that allows us to draw a straight line, and I will gladly pay for such an app. A tablet version of SketchUp would be amazing.
    05-24-12 08:09 AM
    Okay, for 99 Cents, I'm going for it! I hope you don't disappoint me!

Hmm - how do you use the Background COLOR. I picked a color and selected DONE. But the only ones are those at the bottom. Does "Background" do anything? And can the diagonal stripes be changed? - Ah, REMOVE the background and then color it. It would be nice if a pure background color like just White could be easily selected.

And, not your problem but a problem with the OS or pb - when opening an Image, you are stuff with one huge list of images as the pb does not separate images by Folder!!!!!

edited to add: The files are saved in

\\192.168.1.xxx\media\photos\DrawingBoardPro

Not in "pictures" - it would be nice if we could name the pictures.

By the way, at this time I hope you don't mind my mentioning issues here. I'd rather not mess up your ratings with early issues and apparently, I could not edit/fix/change or add a second review.
    Last edited by F2; 05-24-12 at 11:57 AM.
    05-24-12 09:33 AM
    I'm not impressed with any of the freehand drawing apps. Please add a feature that allows us to draw a straight line, and I will gladly pay for such an app. A tablet version of SketchUp would be amazing.
    Have you tried Touch Painter - it has lines, rectangles, transparency settings, line width oval etc
    ALToronto likes this.
    05-24-12 10:19 AM
    For custom background image, does that mean I can load any picture taken with camera or in pictures folder and annotate it. Eg for doing some building work I could load a picture of my house and sketch in proposed addition over the top etc?
    05-24-12 11:40 AM
    I was able to load a picture(s) and use those as background and was able to place text over the image shown below.

The issue, as I mentioned above, is when you go to OPEN a background image, the darn pb's OS shows the ALL pictures "folder" and so if you have tons of photos, they just show up and you have to scroll to find the one you want. But that's not this app's issue - that is the pb's issue!!
    05-24-12 11:50 AM
    I want to thank all the people who have purchased or going to buy my app. I'm really waiting to see the response of the app to take decision about the further development of the app. If you think all the mentioned features are working properly, then I would request all of you to rate of app with good number of stars, I would really help. Please don't rate it low for missing features.

@F2 Thanks for purchasing the app. I would be grateful if you rate my app for its features and quality, and for all the requested features and issues, please post them here. I'll be following this post for updates.

@djenkins6 Yes, you can load any image from the all your pictures, included those taken from the camera and draw over them and save them as JPEG. Zoom in and out feature is not their for images, it will be scaled fit the screen and you will be able to draw over them.

@ALToronto Thanks for your feedback. Drawing straight line feature was not part of the initial set of features, but it could be a nice addition and I'll definitely think about adding it in future releases if this version of app receives great response.

PS: Can anybody tell me how to get my app reviewed by CrackBerry team? Who should be contacted for that?

Thanks
    05-24-12 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD