Anyone able to tell me how to download movies on to the playbook? Is there an app or some other means of doing it??

Thanks
    Dayoungatl
    07-29-11 08:20 AM
    you can use tubegrab.
    07-29-11 08:44 AM
    search the entire forum for: mp4, theres a nice on going collection floating around
    07-29-11 08:57 AM
    if you already have the movie in your PC
    you can plugin your PB throw USB to the PC and transfer the movie
    Shadow_S2K likes this.
    07-29-11 08:59 AM
    I wonder if we'll ever see a video download market app on the PB.
    07-29-11 09:29 AM
    if you already have the movie in your PC
    you can plugin your PB throw USB to the PC and transfer the movie
    Thank you. How would I go about doing this with a movie on iTunes? I tried dragging & dropping, but no luck...
    07-31-11 07:59 AM
    I wonder which will be the first video download service to land on the PB and future BlackBerry phones. Zune HD, iTunes, Amazon, or will 7digital get licensing to join the game?

One final though, in the absence of a legal way to acquire movies from the major studios does file sharing become an acceptable option?
    07-31-11 10:03 AM
    Thank you. How would I go about doing this with a movie on iTunes? I tried dragging & dropping, but no luck...
    iTunes DRM will not let you play video on competing devices. iDevices need such anti-competitive measure in place to remain relevant.
    07-31-11 10:08 AM
    iTunes DRM will not let you play video on competing devices. iDevices need such anti-competitive measure in place to remain relevant.

Okay, ta. So, if I copy a DVD onto my hard-drive can I just drag and drop it into the video folder on my Playbook? Or is there an easier way? (Apologies if this is a dim question! ) Ta!
    07-31-11 01:26 PM
    Amazon Prime works flawlessly and Crackle.com works well also.

Use forum search and there is a list of movies somewhere to download. But I am hesitant to link it out in the open.
    07-31-11 03:03 PM
    So if I understand this I can purchase a movie from Amazon Prime and it will down load in Playbook in the right format? Is there a format selection process or is it automatic?
    07-31-11 03:24 PM
    youtube.com/movies is a must.
    07-31-11 04:46 PM
    Are you looking to download movies from youtube directly to your PB.
    Shaguar likes this.
    08-01-11 12:34 AM
    I really just want to rip movies from DVD to the PlayBook...
    08-01-11 04:13 AM
    I really just want to rip movies from DVD to the PlayBook...
    Handbrake if they're home movies (or other movies with little or no copyright). I personally haven't found out how to rip commercial DVDs with handbrake, but I think others have. If you can't figure it out, then you can do what I do and get TuneBite, which would rip commercial DVDs and make iTunes movies playable on your PlayBook, but it costs money (I think it was $40).
    jadenmiko likes this.
    08-01-11 08:17 AM
    Check out our Movies & Video section of the forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/movies-videos-f66/
    Mal970 likes this.
    08-01-11 08:50 AM
    i use a product called DVD Catalyst to convert any DVD to a pc file. i then copy the file to my PB. The cool thing is that you can select the specific device you are going to play the file on. it is dirt cheap and works beautifully.
    bigbamboo likes this.
    08-01-11 11:57 PM
    i use AVS file converter to put it in the proper formsg then use my pc to put it on my pb
    08-02-11 02:31 PM
    Check out our Movies & Video section of the forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/movies-videos-f66/
    A lot of those movies are formated for the phones, which would look horrible on the PlayBook (IMO)
    08-04-11 04:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD