Anyone having problems running their downloaded apps after the latest update?

What about games, are your downloaded games still running ok?

Thx.
    06-09-11 05:01 AM
    I cant even get onto App World

All I see is the app world screen background with a error message about checking my connection!!
    06-09-11 06:05 AM
    Not one single issue with downloaded apps including games so far. Have not spent lots of time with the PB this week but so far nothing unusual to report around here.
    06-09-11 08:28 AM
    WordRival no longer works with the new update. I just get a black screen. Also, WordRival has disappeared from App World.
    06-09-11 09:12 AM
    Mine works perfect, installed new games and upgraded others. I read in a thread that app world was having trouble in certain regions. So depending where you are it may not be your PB.
    06-09-11 10:11 AM
    There are a number of apps that do not work after the update:

National Post (loads to white screen)

Edmonton Journal (loads to white screen)

The Vancouver Sun (loads to white screen)

The Province Newspaper (loads to white screen)

Reader's Digest (loads to black screen)

Millennium Countdown (loads to black screen)

CBC News (loads to black screen)

Quote (loads to black screen)

Currency (loads to black screen)

StatsApp (loads to a black screen)

Simple Notes (loads to a black screen)

QuickCharts (loads to a black screen)

The last two on my list are no longer listed in the App World as of this morning. When I try to click on them, I receive an error message from App World. And when I try to search for them, they can not be found. I'm guessing that the developer (or RIM?) has pulled these aps.

There is a thread here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f243/li...-0-5-a-621448/ where people are posting any apps that are not working.

I'm guessing that for some of these apps, the developer did not bother to update their products to ensure functionality with the new OS.
    06-09-11 10:19 AM
    Oanda Currency converter stopped working and is now gone from appworld from what I can tell. I have to guess that some of these will be updated for the new os (developers' kit, I've read was changed). But some of the smaller apps probably were created by folks who took advantage of the free Playbook for creating apps and will probably just permanently disappear.
    06-09-11 11:12 AM
    hellonote is working fine, but it was re-installed instead of update, so all previous notes were lost. of course, they were native to the app, so no backup.
    the developer is very responsible and working hard with app world to resolve any issues. good for him!
    06-10-11 12:57 AM
    Thank you for the replies. Much appreciated.
    06-10-11 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD