I downloaded the gold app brought to us by a third party for the playbook It shows a static price chart of gold, silver and platinum. Their web address was at the top of the page. I tried to pinch to zoom on the chart and it opened up the browser and put me into their gold trading homepage. I think this kind of app should be banned from the playbook. Offer something to make the playbook a better experience for all, not a tool for other companies to build a window app, then if touched anywhere on the screen it takes you to their website. It is like cheap flash advertising on web pages from the internet.
    Last edited by Schlymer; 06-16-11 at 10:09 AM.
    06-16-11 10:05 AM
    was this a free or paid for app? Also provide the app listing if you can so others can stay away
    06-16-11 10:10 AM
    Crackberry App is no different
    Touch a forum link it jumps you over to the web browser
    06-16-11 10:15 AM
    Crackberry App is no different
    Touch a forum link it jumps you over to the web browser
    You clearly didn't spend enough time trying the CrackBerry app then.
    06-16-11 10:48 AM
    The app is called "Gold Price." I don't mind the crackberry app opening up the web pages, because it is not soliciting trading in risky commodities. Somebody just interested in checking the weather or the price of gold, should not be put in a situation that touching the screen, should be directed to a website trying to get them to invest in gold. The pros know that the best way to make money in the market is to take it from the inexperienced. I have nothing against being redirected to a website, if there is a tab that says visit the website and I push it, but I think that doing it this way, the app should be banned from app world.
    06-16-11 11:04 AM
    You clearly didn't spend enough time trying the CrackBerry app then.
    what did we miss? because i pretty much agree with what he said about the cb app.
    06-16-11 11:34 AM
    what did we miss? because i pretty much agree with what he said about the cb app.
    The news stories are loaded inside of the app, as well as the videos. They are also working on integrating the forums into the app. Maybe we will see that in the next release.
    06-16-11 12:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD