I am a NEWBIE user of the playbook. I only use it with Wi-Fi at home. I do not have a 'phone plan provider' or whatever.

The apps that I have downloaded don't show up on the home screen but they are in 'My World'. How do I play or use them? One is Free Solitaire card game and the other is Facebook for Playbook.
    01-18-12 05:39 PM
    Sometimes Games will wind up in the Games folder although everything should show in the ALL folder. You could try restarting: Battery Icon, Restart.
    01-18-12 08:39 PM
    Thanks...I tried that and it still doesn't show up. The only 2 apps that show up under games are the ones that came preloaded and they don't show up in 'ALL' either.

Any other thoughts?
    01-18-12 09:49 PM
    Try deleting and reinstalling?

Since you said you're a newbie I just want to make sure you know how to open up the app "drawer". You are aware that you do this by swiping up from the bottom bezel, correct?

Source
    islandgurl69 likes this.
    01-18-12 10:39 PM
    Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help me...

When you slide the Bezel from the bottom up it shows the screen with all the apps right?

The only ones that show are the ones that were preloaded when I opened it 2 weeks ago. There are two in the games, five in media etc.

Where do I check folders? It says I have 2 files in documents. Where do I find documents?

Do I have to have a 'Service' provider to access these? I am just using the wireless in my home. I have a 10 year old pay as you go phone that I text with. As I said 'NEWBIE'.
    01-19-12 08:01 AM
    Go to App World and check the "uninstalled" apps under My World (top right hand corner). Select "Reinstall" if you see them in there....
    01-19-12 09:01 AM
    Maybe you might mention the names of the apps?

Also, as suggested check the UNinstalled in MyWorld.

You also can call Rim as you should have 90 days of free tech support and you can also send an email to appworld - they are pretty responsive at refunding bad downloads.

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected]
    (UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Send an email to [email protected].
    islandgurl69 likes this.
    01-19-12 09:08 AM
    Problem resolved!

Thanks for your help everyone. I am slapping myself on the forehead for being such a newbie.

I am new to the touch screen and wasn't pressing hard enough on the screen to scroll down to see the rest of the apps below those that were showing on the main screen. One I figured that out, I realized that there are a whole lot more I didn't even know about.

Thanks again...I hope you don't mind if I call on your expertise again.
    01-19-12 02:10 PM
    We all miss a point or two with new devices. Enjoy your NEW found apps.
    01-19-12 02:51 PM
    Need your help again!

I am trying to download some new apps since the upgrade and they won't download. I get the green circle thinking about it and it thinks for 6 hours. I did have it once that it goes to downloading but the green line never moves for 6 hours.

In My World under the installed tab, it shows nothing listed. Yet, under the uninstalled tab, it shows all the ones that I have downloaded successfully since Christmas with a Reinstall button beside them.

Shouldn't they be in my 'INSTALLED' tab with a Delete option button beside them? I have been trying to install the same apps for 3 days!
    03-11-12 11:11 AM
    To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    03-11-12 12:47 PM
    Problem resolved!

Thanks for your help everyone. I am slapping myself on the forehead for being such a newbie.

I am new to the touch screen and wasn't pressing hard enough on the screen to scroll down to see the rest of the apps below those that were showing on the main screen. One I figured that out, I realized that there are a whole lot more I didn't even know about.

Thanks again...I hope you don't mind if I call on your expertise again.
    If you or any other playbook "newbies" are looking to learn most of the features of the playbook and the new 2.0 os there's a nice little app that's free and basically just teaches beginners how to navigate there playbook via video/voice tutorials It's the first application I download when I help setup family members playbook's as most of them are new to tech heh its a nice little reference app to have.. I will try and link it here but if it doesn't work just search app world for Discover now

Free Discover Now! 2.0 - Download Discover Now! 2.0 - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    03-11-12 01:00 PM
    To fix an issue, try these in order:

Restart using the Battery Icon and press Restart

Press and hold the Power button for 10-15 seconds. Then leave it for 20-30 seconds and see if it restarts. No I pressed the restart and held on the power button and it didn't restart.

To REBOOT:
    Press and HOLD all three keys for about 10 - 20 seconds: PowerOn, VolUp and VolDown. Start with the PowerButton. Keep holding past the 3-choice options screen. If you hear a shutter type sound, you've taken a Screen Shot and probably missed the PowerButton.
    Tried that and after taking 6 screen shots it rebooted but it still won't download. In My World shouldn't my installed apps show up with a 'delete' button? I have nothing in the installed folder. All of them show up in the uninstalled folder with a reinstall button beside them.

Also, it takes forever for the playbook to start up. Is that normal? 4 minutes or more?
    03-11-12 02:16 PM
    If you or any other playbook "newbies" are looking to learn most of the features of the playbook and the new 2.0 os there's a nice little app that's free and basically just teaches beginners how to navigate there playbook via video/voice tutorials It's the first application I download when I help setup family members playbook's as most of them are new to tech heh its a nice little reference app to have.. I will try and link it here but if it doesn't work just search app world for Discover now

Free Discover Now! 2.0 - Download Discover Now! 2.0 - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    Thanks...I found the app to download and clicked on it and it doesn't download. It says downloading but there is no movement of green and I can't cancel it. The cancel button doesn't respond.

Can I download an app to my computer and then transfer it over to my playbook??
    03-11-12 02:23 PM
    Tried that and after taking 6 screen shots it rebooted but it still won't download. In My World shouldn't my installed apps show up with a 'delete' button? I have nothing in the installed folder. All of them show up in the uninstalled folder with a reinstall button beside them.

Also, it takes forever for the playbook to start up. Is that normal? 4 minutes or more?
    Im sure you already checked... but click the cog (options) in the top right hand of the screen and go to about and select hardware from the drop down menu and make sure your free storage isn't full heh obvious I know but I've heard some people had issues since 2.0 with there data being duplicated and filling there playbook's via certain android apps.. I'm not sure what else you could try other then a security wipe :/
    03-11-12 02:26 PM
    Thanks...I found the app to download and clicked on it and it doesn't download. It says downloading but there is no movement of green and I can't cancel it. The cancel button doesn't respond.

Can I download an app to my computer and then transfer it over to my playbook??
    Im not to sure about being able to download the app's via appworld on your computer but if you are able to then yes you could sideload the app's onto the playbook but I've not heard of being able to download appworld apps with a pc :/ what apps were you trying to get if u don't mind me asking? If there free and I have the bar files I don't mind sending them to ya.
    03-11-12 02:31 PM
    It says I have 25 GB of free storage and 562 MB of free Memory.

When you do a security swipe do you lose everything?

I am trying to download the two new free game apps Asphalt 6 Adrenaline and Modern Combat 2.

I also tried downloading a smaller size free app to see if the size was the problem but same thing. Just get the green waiting circle or if it gets to download, it won't even proceed with a green bar.
    03-11-12 02:47 PM
    Im sure you already checked... but click the cog (options) in the top right hand of the screen and go to about and select hardware from the drop down menu and make sure your free storage isn't full heh obvious I know but I've heard some people had issues since 2.0 with there data being duplicated and filling there playbook's via certain android apps.. I'm not sure what else you could try other then a security wipe :/
    If I do a security wipe can I save the apps that I already have onto my PC and then transfer them back after the wipe or do I have to reinstall all the apps I have now?
    03-11-12 03:12 PM
    Turn your router off and then back on as a test. You might also just delete that wifi connection and then recreate it. In Options/wifi, use the dropdown menu and select SAVED. Hit the Pencil/edit and then delete it. Then search for wifi and add it back in. But I will also ask: You can use the browser on that wifi?
    03-11-12 03:59 PM
    If I do a security wipe can I save the apps that I already have onto my PC and then transfer them back after the wipe or do I have to reinstall all the apps I have now?
    If you do a security wipe you'll loose everything yea ;/ its a last resort heh try f2's suggestion first hopefully that works
    03-11-12 04:08 PM
    Turn your router off and then back on as a test. You might also just delete that wifi connection and then recreate it. In Options/wifi, use the dropdown menu and select SAVED. Hit the Pencil/edit and then delete it. Then search for wifi and add it back in. But I will also ask: You can use the browser on that wifi?
    Yes, I can use the browser on this wifi with no problem. I just can't download Apps. Plus my installed apps are showing up in the uninstalled folder and nothing shows in my installed folder. I don't even have the option of deleting apps if I wanted to.
    03-11-12 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD