of course when the beta was released i was in a mad rish to try it out. i loaded it without making a back up first. i liked it, and i didnt complain.

However, some of the downsides are now outweighing the benefits of OS2 so im considering downgrading.

Also, ive been wanting to do a security wipe anyway since some people are saying that wiping the device fixed the skipping video recording issue.

My only question is, will i lose my apps if i wipe the device?
    My reason for asking the question is that i bought them with my BBID, i would think the BBID would keep a record of what i paid for and let me redownload it...right?
    11-10-11 03:54 PM
    when you wipe it, they'll all be gone, but you can get the paid ones from AppWorld again without any issue.

the free apps that you have that may now be paid apps will be a problem if you didn't make a back up.
    11-10-11 03:57 PM
    excellent thanks.im really only worried about the ones i paid for haha, dont even really use them but its the principal of the matter...

thanks again i'll proceed
    11-10-11 04:08 PM
    when you wipe it, they'll all be gone, but you can get the paid ones from AppWorld again without any issue.

the free apps that you have that may now be paid apps will be a problem if you didn't make a back up.
    All my free apps are always there in AppWorld. They may get moved to "uninstalled", but you simply need to hit the reinstall button to get them back. Saves having to search through everything and try to remember what you had there.
    11-10-11 05:22 PM
    All my free apps are always there in AppWorld. They may get moved to "uninstalled", but you simply need to hit the reinstall button to get them back. Saves having to search through everything and try to remember what you had there.
    free apps are available, as you stated. i'm specifically talking about free apps that you have but are no longer free such as PaperPlane.

they offered that app for a limited time for free. if you did not back up, when you go back into AppWorld to download it, you will be notified that the price has changed and you will have to pay for it.
    BaconMunch likes this.
    11-10-11 05:27 PM
    Dang..so that's what happened to my PaperPlane app when I went to OS 2.0.
    11-10-11 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD