hey, currently in dental school and all of our lectures are put on itunes to be downloaded. everything about the pb is perfect for what i need from the portability to the sound, BUT i cant find any apps with double speed for videos OR just audio. ARE THERE ANY APPS THAT HAVE DOUBLE SPEED PLAYBACK???

any help would be sooo appreciated!
    01-01-12 01:14 AM
    Not that I'm aware of. I wonder if there is a way to use some of the video editor/conversion programs to speed up a video? Changing something like framerate.

Others may have ideas.
    01-01-12 09:36 AM
    is there a reason the media players dont have a way to increase the speed? it comes standard on windows media player and itunes on laptops but there are no apps that provide it. its really all i need to pretty much shed my laptop and its killing me that nobody has made an app that can do it
    01-01-12 09:43 AM
    My guess is that not that many folks speed through video/movies - chipmonk voices being part of it. But I can see where it might be helpful for dull materials. I do hope you absorb the materials before filling anyone's teeth!!!
    01-01-12 12:23 PM
    oh, the point is that the voices dont come out as chipmunks. try it on windows media player. they just come out faster and you can cover an hour in 30 minutes. therre are 360 kids in my class and i dont know anyone who listens on regular speed. i just thought that as more and more schools move towards posting recordings of lectures that someone would have he foresight to make such an app available. i would definitely pay big money for it. with the portability, i would finally be able to study anywhere
    patpatiar likes this.
    01-01-12 12:40 PM
    One of the reasons it'd be nice to have VLC player on the Playbook. Many times I've played documentaries, interviews, etc at 1.5x speed (sometimes 2.x speed) on my notebook running VLC player - it saves a lot of time and doesn't affect the understanding of the content.

Another need for VLC would be to play AC3 audio on movies - so annoying that I can't get audio on so many videos.
    01-01-12 12:47 PM
    exactly. is vlc is something that you think would ever happen? its really he only thing im missing right now...
    01-01-12 12:54 PM
    exactly. is vlc is something that you think would ever happen? its really he only thing im missing right now...
    I haven't been paying too close attention, but I haven't heard anything about VLC coming. Given how few applications there are for the Playbook, I wouldn't hold my breath for VLC. I'd like to be wrong, but it seems most negative predictions for RIMs products wind up being accurate.
    01-01-12 02:39 PM
    and theres nothing close? is there anywhere i can go to like request something like it?
    01-01-12 07:09 PM
    hey, currently in dental school and all of our lectures ... double speed for videos OR just audio. ARE THERE ANY APPS THAT HAVE DOUBLE SPEED PLAYBACK???
    LOL. It sounds like a great idea to speed through a boring lecture!
    01-01-12 07:18 PM
    so is it possible that i have figured out the solution? i see that splashtop is now availabe for the pb so would it be possible to use it to remotely access my laptop to use windows media player and play everything in double speed from there???
    01-13-12 02:06 PM
    yeah splashtop may work..
    as a student i completely agree with having double speed playback.
    it's essential!
    more time to party..hahaha
    01-13-12 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD