I'm experimenting with the controls at the moment. The touch-control-overlay library has a "dpad" control which had a little bug in the mapping, but after changing 2 numbers works really nice.
    And if anyone know LBA / Relentless it's working damn well in dosbox

btw. how did you change the path to the .conf file?
    A7omic likes this.
    11-20-11 03:16 PM
    I have created a video running Alone in the Dark 1992 game on my playbook.

Blackberry Playbook running Alone in the Dark 1992 PC game. | SKATEMANSWORLD

Thanx for making this all possible !! Must buy a Keyboard and mouse for playbook now.
    11-20-11 04:07 PM
    I'm experimenting with the controls at the moment. The touch-control-overlay library has a "dpad" control which had a little bug in the mapping, but after changing 2 numbers works really nice.
    And if anyone know LBA / Relentless it's working damn well in dosbox

btw. how did you change the path to the .conf file?
    You need to update GetPlatformConfigDir:

change this part in GetPlatformConfigDir:

#else
    in = "~/.dosbox";
    ResolveHomedir(in);

And this part in CreatePlatformConfigDir:

#else
    in = "~/.dosbox";
    ResolveHomedir(in);
    mkdir(in.c_str(),0700);

You need to change the path, I put "/accounts/1000/shared/misc/dosbox"

Also change the mkdir permissions so you can access the directory. I went wide open with 0777.

Both functions are in cross.cpp
    11-21-11 10:59 AM
    Okay, anyway to run TWO instances of Dosbox so that if I set one Autoexec.bat to run a program, I can have a second Dosbox open and run a separate autoexec and a second program?

From comments, it sounds as if that is possible?
    11-21-11 08:40 PM
    Was able to copy and rename dosbox.conf to dosboxh.doc and view using docs to go.

I played a game called Lost Vikings and the game wanted me to use the "S" key. I didn't see where in the config file to add or change to keyboard mapping the "S" key. Other games might have similar requests. Can I add "S" key to say the RCTL overlay key or the ALT key or is there a way to just add the "S" key to the lower part of screen near the others. It could probably be commented out after game is played.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    11-21-11 11:25 PM
    Dear guy, thanks for your offering the great tool for us. I have 3 questions, need your advice.

1) I have played Discworld2 and I want to save the game, it cannot created the save file. after googled, I got suggestion to create the Discworld.cd on the root of directory (i think it is under dosbox folder) BUT when i try to use "md discworld.dc" the dosbox message show "Unable to make : discworld.cd". Whats wrong with it? is there any permission should i have to set to access the file ? please suggest.

2) I cannot type some of special symbols such as ~ using native touch screen keyboard from playbook. So it makes me cannot access the long name folder via dosbox such as "cd discwo~2". Right now I have to rename it via airbrowser before access it in dosbox. Any way to type this symbol ?

3) I try to run warcraft2 via dosbox, but it shows me some error message that cannot create file somethings as in the attached file. Please help to advise how to run this game.

Thank in advance.
    Last edited by Eakle; 11-22-11 at 01:33 AM.
    11-22-11 01:06 AM
    @F2 you can install a second dosbox with a different appi-id (I will upload one later)
    @haritosan
    the config file for the overlay is in the bar file so cant edit it
    do you need other keys but the "s"?
    @Eakle
    2) there seems to be no mapping for the ~ key. I will try to fix that
    3) i can run warcraft2 without problems. try to run war2.exe instead of war.exe
    Last edited by cookie_m0nster; 11-22-11 at 03:28 AM.
    11-22-11 03:24 AM
    @F2 you can install a second dosbox with a different appi-id (I will upload one later)
    @haritosan
    the config file for the overlay is in the bar file so cant edit it
    do you need other keys but the "s"?
    @Eakle
    2) there seems to be no mapping for the ~ key. I will try to fix that
    3) i can run warcraft2 without problems. try to run war2.exe instead of war.exe
    Thank you very much Mr.Cookie.

Do you have any idea that I could not create the directory using "md" command ?
    It always show the error message as "unable to make : directory name"

ps. I also found the same error message using War2.exe to run the game.

Anyway, Thank you very much for reply and kindly help me.
    11-22-11 07:08 AM
    Thank you very much Mr.Cookie.

Do you have any idea that I could not create the directory using "md" command ?
    It always show the error message as "unable to make : directory name"

ps. I also found the same error message using War2.exe to run the game.

Anyway, Thank you very much for reply and kindly help me.
    Where did you mount c to? I have no issues with war or war2.
    11-22-11 10:37 AM
    Thanks, Cookie.
    11-22-11 10:50 AM
    Can someone confirm whether or not you need OS2 to install/run DOSBox?

Thx!
    11-22-11 12:51 PM
    Can someone confirm whether or not you need OS2 to install/run DOSBox?

Thx!
    I'm still on OS 1... works fine here.

K.
    alphecca likes this.
    11-22-11 01:03 PM
    Here is a new version, this includes the ability to toggle between the touch overlay I added(one with the buttons) and the default(just mouse input).

To toggle between these I replaced the existing swipedown event. So just swipe down from the dop and it will jump between the two.

Additionally I added the ~ mapping so that works now.(it should have always worked using a bluetooth keyboard).

Let me know if there are any issues. Enjoy.

Next up:

-Add support for multiple sdl-controls.xml files in order to be able to toggle through more controller setups.
    - add button to swipdown to allow selection of tco layouts instead of just toggling with the swipedown event.
    -I also want to look into the issue of installers creating folders that we cannot access as this could cause some issues.
    11-22-11 02:03 PM
    Thanks cookie_monster.

I only need the "S" key for now, but just wanted to know how to make the change for future reference so I don't have to keep bugging you guys. btw Warcraft 2 runs fine for me also, one of the first games I put on PB. Is it possible to play multiplayer with another PB. My wife has on also and I thought it would be awesome to play together, noticed some other games made for PB have multiplayer. All you guys have been very helpful, thank you so much.
    11-22-11 02:18 PM
    Are you guys keeping up with the source code? The blackberry-tablet.xml file at github was updated on 11/17. The file isn't included in your latest version, A7omic. I'm not sure how important the change is, but it's probably better than nothing:

Add LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to descriptor XML. The comment in the file states: <!-- Ensure that shared libraries in the package are found at run-time. -->.
    junkmailforsammy likes this.
    11-22-11 04:59 PM
    Are you guys keeping up with the source code? The blackberry-tablet.xml file at github was updated on 11/17. The file isn't included in your latest version, A7omic. I'm not sure how important the change is, but it's probably better than nothing:

Add LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to descriptor XML. The comment in the file states: <!-- Ensure that shared libraries in the package are found at run-time. -->.
    Ya this was due to an issue I reported, it is in my build.
    Last edited by A7omic; 11-22-11 at 05:07 PM.
    11-22-11 05:05 PM
    Where did you mount c to? I have no issues with war or war2.
    Thanks A7omic. Your version is cool, i love your new keymapping.

Please see the attached image for the details of my mounting.

only path "/accounts/1000/shared/misc" that I can create the folder, any otherelse cannot.
    I think this is the reason why War2 cannot be executed, it cannot create the swap file.

Any idea about this, or did I make something wrong ? Please advice.

Thanks.
    11-23-11 02:31 AM
    if only those mounted under misc can be modified, that might be why daggerfall created an undeletable directory, it was mounted under misc/c
    11-23-11 07:50 AM
    Thanks A7omic. Your version is cool, i love your new keymapping.

Please see the attached image for the details of my mounting.

only path "/accounts/1000/shared/misc" that I can create the folder, any otherelse cannot.
    I think this is the reason why War2 cannot be executed, it cannot create the swap file.

Any idea about this, or did I make something wrong ? Please advice.

Thanks.
    You mount c and f to the same folder. Does that cause issues?
    11-23-11 09:18 AM
    You mount c and f to the same folder. Does that cause issues?
    @F2
    The problem was found before I mounted the F drive.
    The reason that I mount the second same path is I though that because of C: drive maybe the special letter, cannot be modified BUT it is not. Any other letter also same issue happenning.
    11-23-11 11:22 AM
    @F2
    The problem was found before I mounted the F drive.
    The reason that I mount the second same path is I though that because of C: drive maybe the special letter, cannot be modified BUT it is not. Any other letter also same issue happenning.
    1) did you create all these directories using dosbox?
    2) if yes...do you still have the original version of dosbox installed that you used to create these?(if you do don't remove it yet)
    3) can you see them when you look at the playbook network share?
    4) can you remove any of these using dosbox using the rd command?

When dosbox creates files or folders it gives them the permissions: drwx--L---
    The owners is the UID for the application,which gets set new every time you install a new program including new versions of dosbox. Its like a counter. So the first time you installed dosbox it may have the owner 10001, the second time would be 10002 if you did not install any apps in between.

So it seems the permissions it sets do not allow us access except while using the dosbox that owns it.

When we install the next version it has no ownership of those folders.

This is obviously an issue as we need to have full access to these folders.

Anyone know what the upper L means to the permissions?
    11-23-11 11:59 AM
    the manpage for chmod says it means symbolic links get followed, not sure if its the same thing though

-L If the -R option is specified, all symbolic links are followed.

The -H, -L and -P options are ignored unless the -R option is specified.
    In addition, these options override each other and the command's actions
    are determined by the last one specified.

Only the owner of a file or the super-user is permitted to change the
    mode of a file.
    11-23-11 09:00 PM
    1) did you create all these directories using dosbox?
    2) if yes...do you still have the original version of dosbox installed that you used to create these?(if you do don't remove it yet)
    3) can you see them when you look at the playbook network share?
    4) can you remove any of these using dosbox using the rd command?

When dosbox creates files or folders it gives them the permissions: drwx--L---
    The owners is the UID for the application,which gets set new every time you install a new program including new versions of dosbox. Its like a counter. So the first time you installed dosbox it may have the owner 10001, the second time would be 10002 if you did not install any apps in between.

So it seems the permissions it sets do not allow us access except while using the dosbox that owns it.

When we install the next version it has no ownership of those folders.

This is obviously an issue as we need to have full access to these folders.

Anyone know what the upper L means to the permissions?
    @A7omic
    1) No, I downloaded the file from internet in zip format and used PB filebrowser app to extract it in the misc/games folder.
    2) I deleted the previous version before installing new one.
    3) Yes, I can see it and also modify it normally via wifi using my PC.
    4) I can use rd command only in misc directory, also inside the directories under misc which were created using dosbox.

I noticed that the properties of directories which were not created by dosbox, I checked them using WinXP, I found that they show "read only". it is so strange that I cannot disable read only property using XP even I am administrator.

I agreed that the issue comes from file permission. I will try to use attrib command in dosbox to change permission of the file or folder. will update you all if i got any good solution and please share me if you get any way.

Do you think It should be PB file permission policy problem ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Eakle; 11-24-11 at 12:45 AM.
    11-24-11 12:33 AM
    Hi there. I don't have anything constructive to add regarding the last several posts about directories, mounts, and drives. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's put work into making DosBox usable on Playbook, and to ask a question: when you start DosBox in portrait orientation, is it possible to get a normal 80x25 console *and* a full-time on-screen keyboard?
    11-24-11 08:26 AM
    Hi there. I don't have anything constructive to add regarding the last several posts about directories, mounts, and drives. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that's put work into making DosBox usable on Playbook, and to ask a question: when you start DosBox in portrait orientation, is it possible to get a normal 80x25 console *and* a full-time on-screen keyboard?
    80x25, as is no. The resolution is set on initialization to 640x480 and the orientation is locked.

A full-time keyboard is possible it would just require the sdl-controls.xml update for the Touch Control Overlay (as is this also requires the creation of a png file for each of the keys.
    ibillwilson likes this.
    11-24-11 08:34 AM
493 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD