hi all,

i like the convenience of a device that can be opened with a swipe, and it really is nothing more than a portable web-browser and epub reader.

i have bought the ereader app (and grave defense), but can i now clear the playbook of payment details so it is safe to use it without a password?

cheers

JBT
    01-05-12 10:14 AM
    The payment details shouldn't be on the Playbook, but just associated with your BlackBerryID. You cannot remove the BlackberryID from the Playbook and retain the programs. As long as you have a good password setup for you BlackberryID, I don't think any more purchases can be made without the password.

In addition, you could log into your appworld account using the web browser and delete the payment details.

http://appworld.blackberry.com
    Last edited by robsteve; 01-05-12 at 11:11 AM.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    01-05-12 11:04 AM
    my bbid password is quite secure, but i was able to purchase a game from the app-world, after putting payment details in to buy the epub-reader, without any authentication.............

cheers for the assistance
    01-05-12 11:23 AM
    my bbid password is quite secure, but i was able to purchase a game from the app-world, after putting payment details in to buy the epub-reader, without any authentication.............

cheers for the assistance
    There's a time-out on the log-in after you purchase. So if you make several purchases one after the other, you don't need to type in your password again. But after some time (sorry, not sure how long) it will automatically require re-authentication.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    01-05-12 11:26 AM
    I have a short four letter password and actually don't find it that annoying to type in - the security is worth it and you get used to it.

Now that I think about it - it doesn't ask for the password every time I swipe to wake it up - I wonder if there is a time out? I hadn't noticed,,,I will pay closer attention.
    In fact once I wake it up int he morning it seems I never have to reenter the password all day -

ok yes there is a "lock after" timeout so if you set it to say 30 minutes - generally you wont have to enter it most of the time if you swipe it within that time period.. NICE!

Oh yes - what jetstream said - sorry for rambling I was thinking out loud lol

Of course with bridge this can be avoided altogether buy keeping the stuff that needs to be secure on the phone only.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    01-05-12 11:52 AM
    AppWorld will confirm your BlackBerry ID password for purchases if it's using stored payment info (vs you entering it). It may also remember this for up to 20 minutes, but I don't think it does on the PB.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    01-05-12 05:55 PM
    cheers chaps.
    01-06-12 05:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD