I just downloaded the Dolphin Browser HD and I was blown away... It is really amazing. I was really happy with the PlayBook browser but this one kills it!
    *i edited the name, I had previously typed Dolphin Browser and not HD*
    Last edited by Jeovex; 02-25-12 at 08:48 PM.
    02-25-12 12:35 AM
    It looks nicer.but its choppy and hasno flash. I still prefer the native browser. Definitely a lot smoother.
    RicThot, meercura, kbz1960 and 2 others like this.
    02-25-12 01:24 AM
    Aww... Just noticed the no flash....

But the UI and gestures are just swell, plus the ability to side swipe your bookmarks menu is so cool

RIM should steal a few of these ideas
    02-25-12 01:39 AM
    Each to their own I guess, I just deleted it coz I thought it was cr@p!
    02-25-12 03:41 AM
    It has flash. You have to enable it in the settings. Forget where it is but yes it does have flash. The browser is too choppy anyways
    02-25-12 07:07 AM
    I downloaded yesterday and rather like it. a bit confusing at first and still is..
    Does anyone know will the add ons that are available for it work on our PB.s
    Ie from this site: https://market.android.com/developer...olphin+Add-ons

G
    02-25-12 07:43 AM
    Why so good?
    02-25-12 09:31 AM
    Enjoy while you can. Looks like it will be taken off from App World soon.

However, I do like to see the native Dolphin browser on PB. PB's own browser is not bad, but Dolphin browser has many user friendly features that makes it look pretty slick, except the performance through Android player.
    taylor96 likes this.
    02-25-12 09:38 AM
    Why is coming off of appworld? I haven't tried it so no comment there.
    02-25-12 09:40 AM
    02-25-12 09:41 AM
    It sideloads fine if RIM do take it off appworld (hey, they might ban handster )
    02-25-12 09:53 AM
    Not even close to the native browser for html5 support...not even 275on html5test.

I used it for a while and thought it was slow and choppy as well... Happily went back to the native browser.
    02-25-12 09:54 AM
    Interesting, thanks.
    02-25-12 09:54 AM
    The odd thing is that Handster has two (2) Dolphin Browser apps in app world; which one is the "unauthorized" app?
    02-25-12 09:55 AM
    it keeps crashing..very unstable and it locks up. imo its a big mess!
    Galaxysurfer likes this.
    02-25-12 09:56 AM
    it keeps crashing..very unstable and it locks up. imo its a big mess!
    I already knew this from when I had it on my android phone. OP will see as well once he gets past the initial excitement over some of the surface eye candy.
    02-25-12 11:18 AM
    Yes, the dolphin browser is the best browser in the android market, and it has a lot of nice features that the PB browser does not do. However, the PB browser runs more efficiently and it's more stable.

I guess you can compare both browsers and the operating systems.
    On one side you have the beauty of the Android developers, and on the other side you have the blunt efficiency of the blackberry team.

You can use both browsers. Each one does its work well. PD. don't forget to change the settings in the DB from mobile browsing to desktop browsing.

I just downloaded the Dolphin Browser and I was blown away... It is really amazing. I was really happy with the PlayBook browser but this one kills it!
    02-25-12 11:26 AM
    DB works fine on my andriod tablet and I like it alot.

BUT since I bought the PB earlier this week, I like this stock browser. It just took a bit of time to learn how it functions and its features versus what I was use to.
    02-25-12 11:27 AM
    Dolphin HD works, but the other one (older Dolphin) doesn't work at all. I guess both are unauthorized.
    02-25-12 11:34 AM
    I tried HD but it seemed pretty slow :/
    02-25-12 02:35 PM
    I just downloaded the Dolphin Browser and I was blown away... It is really amazing. I was really happy with the PlayBook browser but this one kills it!
    Seriously..come on...it has to one of the worst browser on any tablet.
    02-25-12 03:36 PM
    well that kind of sucks to see some outfit cashing in on someone elses success. Guess you could not blame MoboTap for wanting it taken down..
    with that I will just delete it and go to the inhouse browser.. thanks for insight
    02-25-12 03:51 PM
    Yes, the dolphin browser is the best browser in the android market, and it has a lot of nice features that the PB browser does not do. However, the PB browser runs more efficiently and it's more stable.

I guess you can compare both browsers and the operating systems.
    On one side you have the beauty of the Android developers, and on the other side you have the blunt efficiency of the blackberry team.

You can use both browsers. Each one does its work well. PD. don't forget to change the settings in the DB from mobile browsing to desktop browsing.
    This is what i meant.
    02-25-12 07:09 PM
    Dolphin works good with android os. I tried the version on bb app world and it wasn't near the same performance when it was running under android. Hope they port it to pb.
    02-25-12 08:42 PM
    I like dolphin browser because it has gesture function...but as an alternative for Sleipnir.

Just watch this instruction video. You guys will love it if you learn how it relieves you from browsing stress.

The iPhone version even has a ad block function.
    I really love to get this browser as a native PB app in the near future.
    02-25-12 09:56 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD