View Poll Results: Do you modify your PlayBook Apps in anyway?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I modify things I don't like!

5 31.25%
  • No, I do not.

3 18.75%
  • I have no clue how to modify apps in anyway.

8 50.00%
    DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT THE DEVELOPER OF ANY OF THE APPS I MODIFY, NOR DO I RE-DISTRIBUTE THEM. THESE APPS BELONG TO THEIR RESPECTIVE DEVELOPERS!

Hi everyone!

Just curious to see if anyone else alters their PlayBook Apps. I do it with some apps - the apps that are not available through app world like Desktop Browser. In the 1st picture I attached you will notice that there are 2 apps that say "Desktop Browser". The one on the far right has the original icon, and the other one (with Chrome, Safari, etc) is the one I modified. I didn't spend too much time getting rid of the crappy looking white edges but I didn't like the original icon too much. So I replaced it with mine.

The 2nd image (the green one) is the original start up screen and 3rd image is the start up screen I use. The last image is just my start up screen in action lol.

This doesn't make any difference to what the app does but for aesthetic reasons I did it.

Let me know in the poll above.
    12-08-11 06:30 AM
    No I dont, but I created that browser anyway so if I wanted to change it I would have

Just to be clear -I'm cool with you changing anything you want to find better use with it. I like your startup screen too. I only mod apps im compiling though
    12-08-11 08:57 PM
    I've noticed it would be ridiculously easy to do so while SSHing, but I haven't bothered to mess with any apps aside from my own lol.
    12-08-11 09:14 PM
    No I dont, but I created that browser anyway so if I wanted to change it I would have

Just to be clear -I'm cool with you changing anything you want to find better use with it. I like your startup screen too. I only mod apps im compiling though
    *Awkward moment* lol

Well KermEd, first of all thank you for a wonderful browser and as I stated, none of these apps were developed by me. I just modified them for aesthetic reasons, and you won't ever see my modifications anywhere on the internet.

If I had time I would develop apps of my own but between grad school and 2 jobs, I just don't have the time.

I hope I didn't offend you by using Desktop Browser as my example. If I did, I am sorry.
    12-09-11 09:42 AM
    Let's skin the Playbook OS as well. Not sure if that can be deployed as BAR file though.
    KermEd likes this.
    12-09-11 09:52 AM
    *Awkward moment* lol

Well KermEd, first of all thank you for a wonderful browser and as I stated, none of these apps were developed by me. I just modified them for aesthetic reasons, and you won't ever see my modifications anywhere on the internet.

If I had time I would develop apps of my own but between grad school and 2 jobs, I just don't have the time.

I hope I didn't offend you by using Desktop Browser as my example. If I did, I am sorry.
    No worries ! Im flattered people are using it and I am a huge fan of modding - Im happy to see it here . Ive been thinking of ways to get Desktop Browser in the app store. I think I figured it out and I think it needs 3 critical features added (just need some time).

But I love the idea of mods and changes and I like your icons a lot.
    12-09-11 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD