Wow this is great, thanks for finding this. Works really well. Now I can leave my Kindle at home.
    08-10-11 12:51 PM
    I might have to mess with it at home on my wife's nook color, but the browser on its based off of chrome so wonder if it would work on it.
    08-10-11 01:07 PM
    Note that this works in the Bridge browser too. The downloading of books is slow, as you'd expect (slower than downloading using the BB Kindle app), but once the book is downloaded, it works.

I'm unable to find the "Kindle Store" button on mine.
    08-10-11 01:33 PM
    08-10-11 02:00 PM
    Aha, I learned that the reason why I couldn't see the "Kindle Store" button was because when I started it up the first time, I had it in Landscape mode, and after that the Home/Library screen was stuck in Landscape. I've now cleared the cache and reopened it, using Portrait, and all is well.
    suzicat likes this.
    08-10-11 02:10 PM
    thanks for the heads up. I will have to check this out.
    08-10-11 02:13 PM
    I was just trying it out. It seems to be a bit of a chore, as it won't scroll the browser up to let you proceed - but I just used the browser in portrait and the page came up with all buttons accessible. I was able to login, view my library, download (pin) a book to my onboard PB memory, and read the book. Not as good as a real app, but it works!

An image of the library and downloading of book, and one of a page in the book with a diagram and text.
    Last edited by stevedee; 08-10-11 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Screen captures wouldn't show up, had to add as attachments.
    08-10-11 02:33 PM
    Amazon says it will optimized for the PB browser soon...
    08-10-11 02:47 PM
    it appears the nook color browser based off of chrome is a unrecogized browser, also i set up the app for chrome browser but appears to me it works the same as the playbook. have to first be connected to internet and on site before dropping wifi. can anyone elso confirm this on chrome? dont have a ipad so cant check it out their.
    08-10-11 09:41 PM
    it appears the nook color browser based off of chrome is a unrecogized browser, also i set up the app for chrome browser but appears to me it works the same as the playbook. have to first be connected to internet and on site before dropping wifi. can anyone elso confirm this on chrome? dont have a ipad so cant check it out their.
    I tested this in chrome, install the webapp and it shows sample book in downloaded tab.

Then I shutdown chrome, turn off my internet, open up chrome (home page says internet error), click + tab and then it shows kindle under apps. Loaded it up, shows the book, click and browse the pages works fine...
    08-11-11 04:10 AM
    It's nice.. all works. Even the store link works like a charm. The frustrating bits when I tried to download a book. It took ages, and have to retry 10x or so. Hopefully it can be improved in near future.
    08-11-11 07:22 AM
    I tested this in chrome, install the webapp and it shows sample book in downloaded tab.

Then I shutdown chrome, turn off my internet, open up chrome (home page says internet error), click + tab and then it shows kindle under apps. Loaded it up, shows the book, click and browse the pages works fine...
    Thank for the info will try that tonight.
    08-11-11 08:36 AM
    The cloud based kindle reader mostly works for me except for one book: it syncs in the index, and I can download+pin it, but any time I try to read it I get a never ending spinning progress wheel.

I have cleared the entirety of browser content, restarted the playbook but still this one book is unreadable. Anyone else experiencing this? Any resolution?

Thanks.

- Scott
    08-11-11 10:59 AM
    The cloud reader worked very well for me last night. Obviously this version is not indented for the Playbook so there are a few quirks, but as far as getting to my library, downloading, and reading it worked great. Looking forward to the complete version soon.
    08-11-11 11:33 AM
    I've tried the tricks. In portrait mode. Not in private browsing and I'm still getting a blank page (with Cloud Reader) at the top. Any help?
    08-11-11 02:12 PM
    I noticed it will display a blank screen if you are set to 'private' browsing mode on the playbook
    That was exactly my problem. Turned off 'private' browsing and now no problems.trouble. Most issues have been solved by CB members. Thanks.
    08-11-11 02:59 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD