I really appreciate how FAST this app works for large excel files, and ease of navigation.

BUT I have a major complaint that I can only have one instance of Sheets to Go at one time, I was excited about the Playbooks multi tasking and wanted to be able to keep the 3 hourly accessed excel files loaded and just bounce between then, but instead I must close and re open for every switch..
    04-19-11 04:04 PM
    This one of the reasons I used to justify getting a Playbook. But the XL file I opened has many drop down menus that dont work on the Playbook. Does it matter that it is saved in XL 97 format?
    04-26-11 07:10 PM
    I really appreciate how FAST this app works for large excel files, and ease of navigation.

BUT I have a major complaint that I can only have one instance of Sheets to Go at one time, I was excited about the Playbooks multi tasking and wanted to be able to keep the 3 hourly accessed excel files loaded and just bounce between then, but instead I must close and re open for every switch..
    Can't you put each spreadsheet in a seperate tab and then you can just switch between tabs.
    04-27-11 01:09 PM
    are you able to enter formulas, resize/ insert columns and other basic jazz? i tried using my playbook to edit a spreadsheet i was working on and i found i was pretty much limited to changing the font and fill colours....
    04-27-11 09:24 PM

I was having this problem myself. What I did was open Excel on my laptop, open up all 3 of my excel files, in my main file I just copied the other 2 files putting 1 on sheet 2 and 1 on sheet 3. When I loaded the file into my PB all I had to do to switch between the 3 was click on the Sheet Tab and select either 1,2 or 3. I have attached a zip file of what I mean to give you a visual reference.

Hope this helps
    04-27-11 10:29 PM
    How great would it be if Microsoft made full versions of MS office for the PB...Its got the hardware. I would pay $20 per program.
    04-28-11 12:28 AM
    How great would it be if Microsoft made full versions of MS office for the PB...Its got the hardware. I would pay $20 per program.
    Not trying to be too cynical but - NOT A CHANCE, not at that price or double that price or probably any price. Although, I will ask, has MS created anything like it for the very popular ipad line?

It is more than a bit surprising that Dataviz, reported to be owned by Rim, could not create a more full-range product. I've got simple sheets but I copy cells and ranges in them quite often and the lack of a copy/paste in the cell area is surprising.
    Last edited by F2; 04-28-11 at 09:10 AM.
    04-28-11 09:07 AM
    Filtering is a MUST (drop downs).. the iPad does not have an app like this either. I too, was hoping the PlayBook would be able to handle a little more complex spreadsheets.. hopefully there will be an update (if I had a quarter for every time someone says update..)
    04-28-11 10:33 AM
    hopefully there will be an update (if I had a quarter for every time someone says update..)
    Unfortunately, your spreadsheet would not be able to compute the return on your quarters! Maybe they want to sell us a premium version WHEN they create one.
    04-28-11 12:30 PM
    I also own the iPad version of Docs2Go, and I'm surprised at how much functionality is missing on the PlayBook version.

There is also a bug on the PlayBook where is you enter text beyond the length of the entry field, it will simply disappear from view, no way to scroll over.

This desperately needs an update to add in basic functionality that's missing: cut/paste, change column/row/cell sizes...
    04-28-11 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD