BlackBerry boasted that the Playbook would come with the full version of Documents to Go pre loaded. After trying to use Excel, Word, and Powerpoint I have realized that the control the the user has over their document is minimal. I was attempting to create an excel worksheet for work with my PB and I couldn't resize the columns to fit my content. Also the use of formulas is almost non existent, I had to do a google search to find the formulas I wanted to use. I eventually became frustrated and resorted to use my BlackBerry Bold 9780 to create the Excel worksheet. Surprisingly the Documents to Go on the Bold had all the options you would expect with Excel, more than what the PB comes with. I would like BlackBerry to do something about this, as a business user I'm seriously disappointed with the effort they put into the pre-loaded apps. As a loyal BlackBerry supporter I demand some care to be put into this device.
    08-23-11 05:29 PM
    Ok. We'll tack it onto the to do list.

*unfurls toilet paper roll*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wretch 12 likes this.
    08-23-11 05:32 PM
    I believe its scheduled 60 days...

howarmat likes this.
    08-23-11 05:48 PM
    Yes, Word-to-go is so powerful that you canNOT search/find a word.

Sheets is two sheets to the wind - can't copy/paste a cell/block to another location.

Professional obviously has more than one definition. My definition varies substantially from rim's.
    08-23-11 06:34 PM
    Ok. We'll tack it onto the to do list.

*unfurls toilet paper roll*

Is a proper PDF reader on that to do list? Just checking, not sure if it is...
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    08-23-11 06:51 PM
    There will likely be an upgrade to the native apps like the Doc2Go suite, AdobePDF, native email, PIM .. in the new Super OS2 roll-out called 'iPlaybook2', When? 'Sometime' after DevCon.
    Last edited by mandony; 08-23-11 at 07:58 PM.
    08-23-11 07:56 PM
    Couldnt agree more. I always have to go back to my Torch to do anything with a .doc or .xls. To be fair you can not copy and paste blocks of cells on the BBOS version of DocsToGo either.
    08-23-11 07:57 PM
    I'd rather see the MS Office rumors come true for the Playbook. However I think our "steady cadence" of updates is off beat until Devcon where one or both of the two cons will give us a new vague date to wait for.
    08-23-11 08:05 PM
    Is a proper PDF reader on that to do list? Just checking, not sure if it is...
    It might be but it is impossible to search the list for the term "pdf" in either the doc-to-go or the pdf reader. So we will just add it again. Actually, it will be easier to add it then to copy/paste it even if it is already in the list.
    bounce007 likes this.
    08-23-11 08:27 PM
    I'd rather see the MS Office rumors come true for the Playbook.
    Same here. Having a full blown MS Office suite or even Office 365 would be light years ahead of Docs To Go. My belief is that RIM will eventually load both Docs To Go and MS Office on the PB with Docs To Go as a free suite targeted to general consumers who don't need or want a full featured office suite on a tablet and MS Office as a pre-load or upgrade targeted to business and power users who want the full capability that Office has.
    08-24-11 02:35 AM
    It might be but it is impossible to search the list for the term "pdf" in either the doc-to-go or the pdf reader. So we will just add it again. Actually, it will be easier to add it then to copy/paste it even if it is already in the list.
    Thank you F2 lol
    08-24-11 06:40 AM
    RE: Documents to Go for Playbook is under developed!

Not surprised about that... even the playbook is under development...
    08-24-11 07:04 AM
    Yeah, they have ways to go to make it professional. I'd like to see:

WORD TO GO:
    ----------------
    -Add to dictionary
    -Ability to insert pictures
    -More fonts
    -Quicker zooming
    -Bullets
    -Convert to pdf
    -Headers and Footers
    -Tables
    -Some clipart

Also, my Word to go just messed up, I can't do anything Error "7370109". Never happened before. This is after I installed the latest bridge on my Storm which destroyed all the bridge functionality I had. My playbook is messing up now .

SLIDESHOW TO GO:
    ------------------------
    -Ability to create a presentation
    -Ability to export to pdf
    -Ability to place pictures and have lots of the Word to go features
    -Presentation timer
    -Slide transitions
    -Ability to change view to see all slides
    -Quicker zooming
    -Quicker panning for larger files

SPREADSHEET TO GO
    ----------------------

-list of common function like ABS() or SUM()
    -Column width adjustments
    -Smooth zooming
    screamlordbyron likes this.
    08-24-11 08:33 AM
    Thank you F2 lol
    Well, when presented with an appropriate straight line, how could I resist.

And while humorous, kind of, each time I think about the failure to include Find/Search in those apps, I blow my stack. It is unfathomable.
    08-24-11 09:13 AM
    Huge improvements today! Copy and paste from Sheets to Go to an email or word document is working now. I am so happy, I've been waiting for this feature since I got my first BB. I have not had the time to test but hopefully embedded video also works in Presenter to go.
    02-21-12 04:24 PM
    Big improvements in the BB10 version of docs to go.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-18-13 05:26 PM
    Big improvements in the BB10 version of docs to go.

I'm glad to hear that. Do you have some examples?
    02-18-13 05:31 PM
    I'm glad to hear that. Do you have some examples?
    Docs to Go don't crash as much. The application runs quite smoothly both independently and when invoked as a document reader in the Hub. You can also edit powerpoint presentations now (which you couldn't do before). There is Dropbox and Box integration because of the way the two cloud providers are integrated as part of the file system in BB10. There are probably more improvements, but those are what I have seen so far.
    grover5 likes this.
    02-18-13 05:49 PM
    Docs to Go don't crash as much. The application runs quite smoothly both independently and when invoked as a document reader in the Hub. You can also edit powerpoint presentations now (which you couldn't do before). There is Dropbox and Box integration because of the way the two cloud providers are integrated as part of the file system in BB10. There are probably more improvements, but those are what I have seen so far.
    Thanks. I'm hoping it works well with google drive on the files and folders app. I need that for work.
    02-18-13 05:52 PM
    The major improvement is the copy and paste function. You can select multiple excel cell and paste them in the app and outside the app, into an email for example.

02-20-13 08:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD