the other day i was e-mailed a document to sign, instead of me printing it out,i wanted to see if i could go paperless. First i opened the document using the air browser, next I took a screen shot of the document(this converts the .doc to .jpeg), then i opened the document up with the photo note app to sign the document using the draw feature. I was wondering if there was an app that would have made the process easier?
    01-30-12 11:25 PM
    It's very strange. RIM released some sample code to let people create a signing app. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done. I've mentioned it here and on beta zone, but no one seems to have done anything with it. Too bad I'm not a programmer.
    shawnmobile likes this.
    01-30-12 11:33 PM
    It's very strange. RIM released some sample code to let people create a signing app. I'm not sure why it hasn't been done. I've mentioned it here and on beta zone, but no one seems to have done anything with it. Too bad I'm not a programmer.
    It appears to me that signature capture involves a lot more than just being able to write your signature on an image and saving it. There are certain legal requirements that need to be satisfied: for example you have to ensure that the signature is invalidated if someone tries to make changes to the underlying electronic document.

The example in question is a good starting point for a simple note taking apps but is nowhere near being a template for an actual contract management app. I located several such apps for apple and android on the web but they seem to be issued by companies who specialize in signature capture technology.

Signature Capture for iPad & Android | Digital and Electronic Signature App
    shawnmobile likes this.
    01-31-12 09:04 AM
    It appears to me that signature capture involves a lot more than just being able to write your signature on an image and saving it. There are certain legal requirements that need to be satisfied: for example you have to ensure that the signature is invalidated if someone tries to make changes to the underlying electronic document.

The example in question is a good starting point for a simple note taking apps but is nowhere near being a template for an actual contract management app. I located several such apps for apple and android on the web but they seem to be issued by companies who specialize in signature capture technology.

Signature Capture for iPad & Android | Digital and Electronic Signature App
    thanks, this is what i'm looking for, hopefully I can have it when Os 2.0 comes out. the document I signed was only a return product form, but i understand the legal ramifications.
    01-31-12 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD